Reviews for What We Leave Behind
FicreaderT chapter 8 . 1/3
I FINALLY read this most recent chapter and am hoping, beyond hope, that you are still planning to finish this story. This is such a crucial juncture, Michael has met his children, finally learned that Fiona is still living and so close to his years-long objective.

However, it begs the question of why Fiona hasn't been at the house checking on her long-lost love. That, and their reunion, are BEGGING to be written. More, please! Pretty please? With sugar on top? :)
Guest chapter 8 . 7/25/2014
This would have been sad had it happened this way, apart for so long, not knowing his kids! Hope you do get to finish it, want more.
FoxiKO chapter 8 . 6/24/2014
Oh my... I think I got heart palpitations at the last bit of that chapter! Well actually the whole chapter was emotional drama! Saddened there may be just 2 more to go, but I'm so very glad for this last update and by the end of 2014 hopefully a wonderfully complete story!
Tara chapter 8 . 6/22/2014
Michael without Fi for all those years and Fi raising his kids without his knowing, too sad, but makes for a great story. Hope you will continue with it because hooked.
Guest chapter 8 . 6/20/2014
Really looking forward to more, thanks.
Guest chapter 8 . 6/14/2014
Nice AU. Hope to get more soon. Appreciate your time and talent.
DKougar chapter 8 . 6/7/2014
YOU are the Diva of Deviousness! What a game you have played on all of us, worthy of MW himself!
How I would love to see those beautiful twins; one inheriting her father's raven hair & cobalt eyes & the other inheriting his father's warrior instincts & abilities.
Poor Sam! A week with an unconscious Mikey. the truculent Glenannes, a million questions & NO MOJITOS! He is a true friend!
I am afraid to hope but is there really a chance of peace & love for Michael & Fi?
This epic has been dark, emotional, surprising, even shocking, nuanced, wonderfully textured, richly colored & DEEPLY SATISFYING for us readers! Thanks
Guest chapter 8 . 6/5/2014
Can't wait for the reunion, very good story.
Guest chapter 8 . 5/31/2014
Boy am I relieved that Fi is alive! Michael wouldn't recover from losing Fi, too much guilt, love it, please continue.
bogey174 chapter 8 . 5/29/2014
Oops, forgot to sign in and I posted in wrong fanfic. New to this site. I just found your jewel of a story. I'm so glad that you decided to continue this one and plan to finish it. It's just too good to leave it dangling. I love your characterization of Michael; I think you have captured the deepest part of his troubled heart and soul. Thank you!
Scriobhaim chapter 8 . 5/28/2014
Oh, what a lovely surprise! Fiona is alive! So glad to see that love has a chance to prevail despite Armand's machinations. Can't wait for their long overdue reunion! Thank you for this lovely tale. It's worth waiting for!
southpawokpoet chapter 8 . 5/28/2014
Truly beautiful, all I can say. Thank you. I truly wish I could do as well, with all due respect. Dusty
Amanda Hawthorn chapter 8 . 5/28/2014
I finally caught up! I am as always in awe of the beauty of your words. I'm so sorry I've missed so much reading and being there to BETA. If there were a few extra hours in the day then I'd be able to keep up with these brilliant stories of yours. My friend you are in one word...brilliant
philliesfan1000 chapter 8 . 5/28/2014
I love this story for all the emotion in Michael: his regret for his own mother, all the pain of his life, his guilt over leaving Fi and the children he never knew he had, his desire to protect that couldn't avoid hurting the ones he loved, and especially, the depth of his love for Fiona - and hers for him. I'm so curious to learn more about Fi being burned and why she left Miami without talking to Michael. I'm perfectly happy to accept Armand as the big bad manipulator keeping them apart. I love their children! And finally, I hoped that Fi was still alive, but how on earth did she not learn that Michael was there, why did no one tell her and why did she not sniff it out and fly to his side? Still, it's a wonderful read to have it hit Michael between the eyes. You just know that hope and joy fluttered in his heart. And how I look forward to their reunion, even with all that did and did not happen sitting heavily between them; you just know that their love will overcome the pain...because that love has been visible through their separation in what we've read so far, and because their love is truly one for the ages. Thank you for this compelling and poignant story which has made me cry more than once.
purdys pal chapter 8 . 5/28/2014
It's great to see this fabulous story back up on top of the boards. I know how hard you've worked to get this chapter just right before posting, and what an excellent job you have done. Sam Axe must be in need of a long rest after all the tap dancing he has had to do keeping Mikey's secret from a whole host of Glenannes, from the clan's Matriarch the many times married Aunty Claire to Mikey's newly discovered offspring. And now you have wickedly left us waiting for what we all hope is a happy ending to this originally written story.