Reviews for Performance in a Leading Role
Miss A.S.M chapter 21 . 5/25
Wow! I've been keeping this open in my browser for like 2 weeks wanting to read it but never really got around to it..
Now I've read it and I regret not reading it sooner!
Damn! It bloody well deserves an Oscar of its own!
It's really a brilliant story and a lovely read - good humor and well written and it has an important morale.
Take care and keep writing
laughingpotato chapter 21 . 5/23
LOVED IT! One of the best fics I have ever read!
Millie072 chapter 16 . 4/27
Peter O'Toole & Richard Burton were both best actor nominees for Beckett, so it does happen.
Isis Artemis Feniks chapter 13 . 4/27
indeed quat erad demostrandum
Benjamin for Benedict Cumberbatch and Mark for Martin Freeman? Just a small theory.
Benjamin for Benedict Cumberbatch and Mark for Mark Freeman..? I don't know; just a theory.
Micah chapter 3 . 3/23
As a writer, you nailed the characters and brought live go this fiction. One of the best I've read so far.
GlaszHeart chapter 1 . 3/22
Thank you, MadLori, for such a wonderful story! Amusing, tittliating, emotive, passionate, and soulful...and you have nailed those two characters right on their heads! I'm a HUGE BBC Sherlock fan come lately, and I am absolutely gorging on any fic that looks good. I read Alone on the Water. Couldn't look my husband or sons in the eye for a few days for the embarrassment of having red puffy eyes every time I read another bit. I bypassed Performance a couple of times thinking that the premise was too far off to be believable, but I couldn't have been more wrong! You are an incredibly talented writer Lori, and it would be an ENORMOUS pleasure to read more Sherlock fic by you...I hope desperately that this particular bug bites you again soon ;) All the best to you on your writing path...
I have no idea if you still check this fanfic as it’s been years since you wrote it, but it’s one of the best pieces of writing i’ve ever come across and i hope you realise how talented you are. Thank you for all the work you must have spent making this so enjoyable and amazing.
Sherlockfriendship chapter 21 . 9/22/2018
The comment about running away, you listed Madagascar. It Made me think of Martin freeman in A hitchhikers guide... also really great fic! I loved the detail and how it was extremely au! Well done
Mell C chapter 21 . 9/1/2018
Thoroughly enjoyed reading. Moving and quite lovely. Thank you.
Mell C chapter 4 . 8/30/2018
Have never read SH fic before. Enjoying. Thanks. :)
LookAgain chapter 21 . 7/22/2018
Wowowowowow so blown away by this story! I've been nonstop reading it, and can't believe it's over. Honestly one of my favorite fics ever.
Guest chapter 21 . 7/13/2018
Only discovered this today, and I honestly read it all at once. I loved the universe you put Sherlock and John in, and you're a great writer! Absolutely my favorite fanfic ever, really!
Jo chapter 21 . 6/30/2018
Dear Lori,

Just finished my second read-through of 'Performance in a Leading Role', which is an awesome read, by the way. I loved your portrayal of John and Sherlock's relationship, with not too much angst, just a bit of worry, particularly from John as he worries about his career. I found the whole story quite realistic, showing two recently gay (or new lovers, I guess), finding their way under the constant examination of their peers/the public/the press. You said you weren't done with Actor!John-and-Sherlock, and I hope that's still true, because I hope to see them again in new stories such as 1) what Sherlock does with his charity for beginning actors, 2) how John does with his family issues, and how that impacts his decision for a larger family with Sherlock or not, 3) how Sherlock and John continue to work through their travel for work (Prague for Sherlock, etc...), versus their base in Sutton or L.A. Hope I'll be reading about these characters again soon - as I said, this story is great!
1,943 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »