Reviews for Performance in a Leading Role
For some reason, I couldn't help picturing the interview with Benedict rather than Sherlock. I guess I just watch too many of his real interviews. ;) I think for John my mind kept alternating between him and Martin. I wish that this could be made into a movie, but one thing that I think can only be conveyed in a book is the reality of how John and Sherlock feel both about each other and other things. I have to remind myself that I sadly don't get to see the film they were in at the end of the story.
Lovethisfic chapter 14 . 6/6
"Straight-with-an-asterisk" - that's basically me.
Loving this more than I ever thought I would.
Monique chapter 1 . 6/6
HONESTLY LIKE Okay i'm not done with it yet i've got so many chapters to go but it's brilliant so far like. I'm halfway through I just wanted to say how much I've loved the fic so far. And how brilliant this AU. Not everyone gets it exactly right but you're spot on with the characters and the development and I love it.
You go ! 3
Only halfway through this story?
Thanks for teaching me things I didn't know about gay sex.
More details of the actual movie better come up later on. And if they don't, can you seriously write the screenplay for this movie? Well, that I think about it, the story between Sherlock and John is really what makes this fic beautiful. I've shown my own stories to one of the harshest critics I'm acquainted with, and his comment was that they didn't stand out to him. I realized that one problem was not getting deep enough into a character's head. You have shown me how to do this when a character wants to say one thing but says something else. You know how to make the reader care about the characters, and that is an amazing talent.
I love the way you slip in everyone's canon professions into this.
I don't even ship Johnlock, but this fic is starting to turn wheels, tip the scale. The part about mountains was hilarious along with the story behind it. John's scene in the movie was beautiful and amazing.
I love this fic. I've read it three times and will probably read it many more, but somehow I always marvel at the brilliance. It's exceedingly well written and a beautiful story. When they get together, I get some odd looks because I'm grinning like a mad fool the entire chapter. Really, really, fantastic fic.
morning sun chapter 21 . 5/30
So, this was absolutely amazing.

I started watching Sherlock a couple of weeks ago and was told offhandedly about johnlock. Obviously when you're watching the show you can see how fans would construe that pairing. I wondered how good the material would be here on ffnet, and man, I am glad to have stumbled onto this fic. Besides it being a terrific story, with excellent writing to boot, the detail that you included made this so above average. The behind the scenes knowledge you brought to this story made it so rich, and I have honestly been able to do little else but read, much to the displeasure of my family, who have had to fend for themselves the last couple of days. I was completely captivated, unable to tear myself away.

This was such a great story, absolutely one of my favorites. I'm almost afraid to try and read anything else in this fandom, just because I can't imagine being as satisfied as I am with Performance in a Leading Role. You are a talented writer, and I thank you for sharing this wonderful fic.
morning sun chapter 12 . 5/28
Not finished with this as of yet, but I felt I needed to leave a review, because this story is just fantastic. It's consuming my life right now.

I'll leave a longer review when I finish (I need to keep reading before my head explodes). Love this though.
Dimac99 chapter 21 . 5/26
I don't read Sherlock fics. I am so not a Holmes/Watson shipper. (I refuse to use juvenile portmanteaus!) But I love AU fics and this had a great synopsis, so... I read and loved the whole 166K words.

Fantastic characterisations particularly, but the whole drama of the plot had me hooked and the quality of the writing was magnificent. Even the sex scenes were tasteful and well written, and frankly I usually skip them regardless of author or pairing because they're so unremittingly awful!

I also really enjoyed all the little celeb cameos and trying to figure them out before the end of every chapter. (I don't know if it was intentional but Mel doesn't deserve an identifier, the tosser. I am so ashamed of my teenage crush now!) The interview chapters were a nice change of pace and a great idea.

As someone who firmly believes Holmes is asexual, I can't say I'll ever be a Holmes/Watson shipper, but I'm probably more open to the idea now if the author is good enough. Definitely one for the favourites list.
Persephonespomegranate chapter 21 . 5/7
I wish I could convey more adequately how wonderfully superb this work is. This is my third reading of it, and will not be the last. The first time around was before I became a fan of the show so the next two readings really made me appreciate the clever turns of characters in this AU, yet still kept some of the little nuances from Sherlock that made all of us love the TV show. On it's own, this is beautifully written and crafted and I would gladly have purchased it as a book just for that reason. The love story was both elegantly emotional and uplifting and totally clinched Johnlock for me. I loved Irene and Sally's roles and even Moriarty being his usual fly in the ointment... But not too much. I'm going to stop here before this gets too ridiculous, but again, lovely, lovely work and look forward to any further offerings!
1,875 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »