Reviews for Performance in a Leading Role
Guest chapter 5 . 6/4/2016
I love the way you slip in everyone's canon professions into this.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/3/2016
I don't even ship Johnlock, but this fic is starting to turn wheels, tip the scale. The part about mountains was hilarious along with the story behind it. John's scene in the movie was beautiful and amazing.
Guest chapter 21 . 5/30/2016
I love this fic. I've read it three times and will probably read it many more, but somehow I always marvel at the brilliance. It's exceedingly well written and a beautiful story. When they get together, I get some odd looks because I'm grinning like a mad fool the entire chapter. Really, really, fantastic fic.
morning sun chapter 21 . 5/30/2016
So, this was absolutely amazing.

I started watching Sherlock a couple of weeks ago and was told offhandedly about johnlock. Obviously when you're watching the show you can see how fans would construe that pairing. I wondered how good the material would be here on ffnet, and man, I am glad to have stumbled onto this fic. Besides it being a terrific story, with excellent writing to boot, the detail that you included made this so above average. The behind the scenes knowledge you brought to this story made it so rich, and I have honestly been able to do little else but read, much to the displeasure of my family, who have had to fend for themselves the last couple of days. I was completely captivated, unable to tear myself away.

This was such a great story, absolutely one of my favorites. I'm almost afraid to try and read anything else in this fandom, just because I can't imagine being as satisfied as I am with Performance in a Leading Role. You are a talented writer, and I thank you for sharing this wonderful fic.
morning sun chapter 12 . 5/28/2016
Not finished with this as of yet, but I felt I needed to leave a review, because this story is just fantastic. It's consuming my life right now.

I'll leave a longer review when I finish (I need to keep reading before my head explodes). Love this though.
Dimac99 chapter 21 . 5/26/2016
I don't read Sherlock fics. I am so not a Holmes/Watson shipper. (I refuse to use juvenile portmanteaus!) But I love AU fics and this had a great synopsis, so... I read and loved the whole 166K words.

Fantastic characterisations particularly, but the whole drama of the plot had me hooked and the quality of the writing was magnificent. Even the sex scenes were tasteful and well written, and frankly I usually skip them regardless of author or pairing because they're so unremittingly awful!

I also really enjoyed all the little celeb cameos and trying to figure them out before the end of every chapter. (I don't know if it was intentional but Mel doesn't deserve an identifier, the tosser. I am so ashamed of my teenage crush now!) The interview chapters were a nice change of pace and a great idea.

As someone who firmly believes Holmes is asexual, I can't say I'll ever be a Holmes/Watson shipper, but I'm probably more open to the idea now if the author is good enough. Definitely one for the favourites list.
Persephonespomegranate chapter 21 . 5/7/2016
I wish I could convey more adequately how wonderfully superb this work is. This is my third reading of it, and will not be the last. The first time around was before I became a fan of the show so the next two readings really made me appreciate the clever turns of characters in this AU, yet still kept some of the little nuances from Sherlock that made all of us love the TV show. On it's own, this is beautifully written and crafted and I would gladly have purchased it as a book just for that reason. The love story was both elegantly emotional and uplifting and totally clinched Johnlock for me. I loved Irene and Sally's roles and even Moriarty being his usual fly in the ointment... But not too much. I'm going to stop here before this gets too ridiculous, but again, lovely, lovely work and look forward to any further offerings!
Rori Potter chapter 21 . 5/6/2016
Aww!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/19/2016
Best ff i've read for a very long time!
FangirlAlertWatchOut chapter 21 . 4/11/2016
Hi :) wow, this is the second time I've read this fic, and it got even better. When I stumbled across this story, I started to read it, mostly out of curiosity. I'm pretty new to the Sherlock fandom, and I'm gathering an arsenal of Johnlock fics, but this is my absolute favourite. Seriously, as soon as I finished my first read through, I gave myself five minutes to process before going back to chapter one.

I was worried that halfway through you might resort to clich├ęs and turn the characters into stereotypes, but I was pleasantly suprised. There was the right amount of smut, fluff, plot, and other characters. I found it interesting how you included Harry and Clara, considering they're not really mentioned in the show. Also love how everyone was in character, despite it being an AU (especially Sherlock- he's such a unique character that it can be hard to write him properly).

The homophobia aspect was perfect (not the homophobia itself-but the way you portrayed it and the amount you had). I love how you showed the different ways it can be dismayed- death threats and insults, but also not getting roles or being told to "kept it to yourself". As someone who is a closeted bisexual, this was really important to me.

The info you had on Hollywood at the bottom of chapters was fancinating, and the perfect addition to the story. Love the sprinkling of real people throughout, whilst still keeping the main part of the story to the characters. The poem "To A Stranger" is now my favourite.

Seriously, the ideas you had for this story could probably turn it to an original work, once you've changed the names and such. I wish "To A Stranger" was a real movie, cause I would definately watch it! I agree with you that there isn't many (if at all) movies with gay people that aren't about being gay. Gay literature on the other hand, is much more diverse.

If you're interested in that, I'd recommend Carry On, by Rainbow Rowell. It's fantasy for the most part, kind of similar to Harry Potter in a way. The two main characters fall in love, and they're both blokes. It's not about being gay either.

Anyways, thankyou so much for publishing this, it's honestly one of my favourite fics on this site! xoxo
Guest chapter 21 . 3/22/2016
This was hands down the best fic I've ever read - so detailed such charming but also really gritty and real characterization and the romance fluff - simply amazing! So sad it's over I hope you write some more Johnlock gold soon :)
Leraiv Snape chapter 21 . 3/3/2016
As I am sure you've heard many, many times, I loved this piece. I don't usually dig AU stories, but this one worked. The way that you linked it in with the information we received about Carl Powers in The Great Game was very nicely done, as well, making it AU, but a very believable AU nevertheless. I very much enjoyed your exploration of Hollywood and the many, many cameos directors, actors and technicians made. It was excellently rendered - and different enough that I have to ask: have you considered changing names and making an original work? Aside from referencing the BBC-specific character creations of Sherlock, John and the characters that litter their world, this is independent enough to potentially stand alone.

Either way, this is another fantastic work from you and I adored it. Are we to see more with this universe from you? I see that you have said that it is on hiatus while the new episodes air, but I hope to see further development soon! Thank you so much for sharing your gifts of storytelling with us.
ArmorLillies chapter 21 . 2/27/2016
This was gorgeous. I kept expecting the fic to resort to cliches or get too preachy or suddenly quit halfway through, becuse no AU fic of this size could stay good, could it? Well, I'm happy to say you proved me wrong. It was beautiful and funny and compassionate and as a bisexual person, one of the most affirming and relatable things I've read in a while. Thank you for writing.
Argon.847 chapter 1 . 2/24/2016
RIP Alan Rickman
He will knock four times chapter 16 . 2/17/2016
This. Just this. There hasn't been a single chapter I haven't laughed out loud like a maniac. I've neve once grimaced at a scene and went "wtf" and I even nearly cried a few times. If there was a like button I could spam, you'd hate me for filling your inbox. Well done.
1,897 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »