Reviews for Performance in a Leading Role
InkGothical chapter 21 . 6/1/2012
Once again a beautifully written story. The translation from original characters to these new ones while staying in character is phenomenal. The creativity with which you used every character from the Sherlock world while incorporating real world actors and directors was stunning. The level of research that must have gone into this is VERY impressive.

You are a phenomenal writer! I have very much enjoyed getting to read your work and I look forward to continue to do so!
Quill Scribblings chapter 21 . 6/1/2012
My god. I can't believe it's over! But not forever, right? This is brilliant- this is so very brilliant and it deserves every single well-wish and good comment and pleas for more! This is the best Sherlock fic I have ever read in my life, and you can bet everything you ever had that this isn't the last you've seen of me ;-) I'm even feeling a little emotional. Lx
Quill Scribblings chapter 17 . 5/31/2012
So... Wonderful. I am now loving Sherlock...
SG1SamFan chapter 4 . 5/30/2012
But this time, Sherlock hesitated. He took John's face in his large, elegant hands, moved in, then paused. He just checked himself for a tiny second, looking into John's eyes as if Benjamin were making sure Mark was okay with this.

Then he swooped in and kissed him.

Sherlock's lips were full and soft. Their noses knocked a bit but that felt right, somehow. It was a first kiss, after all. A little awkwardness would help to sell it. John let Mark's surprise stiffen his body, his mobile falling from his fingers, then his hands drifted up and seized Benjamin's arms and he returned the kiss. Sherlock pressed in and it felt natural for John to open his mouth so he did, and immediately felt Sherlock's tongue graze his. The rule for movie snogs, at least with women, was no tongue without advance discussion, but they were both men. And as in all else, Sherlock was the exception to everything.

When Benjamin broke off and drew away, he didn't retreat as far as Sherlock had in rehearsals. They delivered the next few lines of dialogue in a half-clinch, holding the last beat until Ang yelled 'cut.' Spontaneous applause.

John grinned. "Fantastic, mate!"

Sherlock looked troubled. "I'm sorry, John. I don't know what happened."

"What do you mean? That was brilliant!"

"That wasn't how we rehearsed it."

"I know, but it was better, I thought. C'mon, let's go watch the playback." They trooped over to the monitors, where Ang was queuing up the shot. They watched it play out and John nodded. "Yeah. That's definitely better. More realistic."

Sherlock still looked uncomfortable. "If you say so. Mind if I change it back for the next take?"

John wanted to tell him not to, that what he'd done in the take had been an improvement, but it wasn't his job to police Sherlock's acting choices. "Go ahead," he said. "I'll be there with you no matter what."

"Oh, none of us can. We all think we're hideous trolls and no one will ever love us, don't we?"

"The idea that no one would ever love you is just as preposterous as you seem to think are my doubts about my appearance."

John flushed, not quite sure how to take that compliment. "Um, thanks, I think."

"I just mean that you're the sort of person that most people would find easy to love," Sherlock hastened to add. "You're friendly and easygoing and have a way of conversing with people that I have never quite mastered, although if I'd cared to do so I surely would have."

John smiled, impressed by Sherlock's backpedaling skills. "Let's just watch the bloody film, shall we? Your vanity will survive."

Sherlock fetched a deep, long-suffering sigh. "Very well, if we must."

PERFECT. :)
Quill Scribblings chapter 15 . 5/30/2012
I can't even begin to say how wonderful this is, and how I'm sticking with it like hell. They've both become wonderful people, they are a wonderful couple, and I've never been more happy for anyone who's fallen in love. Even fictional ones xD Although, Remus and Sirius drive a hard bargain...

And I would love to just read that bit out into my own voicemail- that was hilarious!
Quill Scribblings chapter 13 . 5/30/2012
...
I can't... This is... Oh, GOD!

AMAZING! THE BEST CHAPTER, no, THE BEST EVER THING THAT I HAVE EVER READ! PERFECT DOES NOT EVRN COVER IT! HOW ON EARTH COULD YOU CREATE SOMETHING SO INDESCRIBABLY WONDERFUL?A FLAWLESS MASTERPIECE!
Quill Scribblings chapter 12 . 5/30/2012
Research done for this fic is outstanding. It's so amazingly believable that it feels like we are THERE, if you know what I mean. And I think John and Sherlock need to tell each other exactly about how they realy feel. That would be so much fun... And, of course it was Moriarty-who bloody else?
Quill Scribblings chapter 11 . 5/29/2012
As soon as I heard James Moriarty's name, my blood froze. We're in trouble now. And, please don't tell me Irene's married to him? Ugh. On the other hand, written wonferfully, as always, and never empty of new twists.
Quill Scribblings chapter 10 . 5/29/2012
Perfect. Chapter. Ever! A really great way of proclaiming their love for one another, it was so purposeful and gorgeous and unlike any of the 'I love you' crap you usually find. A really happy and blissful atmosphere, but I still can understand the wariness and hardship that they can worry about. It's a kind of oncoming notion, but I just hope that they don't have to face any more shit from anyone else T_T On a lighter note, are you a published author? Because I would love to read anything else by you-there's something about the way you write that has me hooked. Oh yes, it's brilliance.
AccioStarkid chapter 21 . 5/28/2012
Holy mother of fanfiction. That was brilliant. I would purchase this as a novel. Holy crap.
Quill Scribblings chapter 9 . 5/28/2012
Love. The very notion is destroyed and overused on this site, but you don't. You've actually written love, not wrote about it. This chapter is wonderful _
Quill Scribblings chapter 8 . 5/28/2012
Last chapter, I was like YES! This chapter, I was like oh yess... The build up of chapter 7 was incredible! I kept forcing myself not to peek ahead and see 'did they get together? Did they, didn't they?' I'm still really nervous about future chapters, I'm worried that they're going to fuck up and deprive me of smexy arses. Please don't fuck up.
The Sockpuppet chapter 21 . 5/28/2012
This story was amazing and addicting - I loved how real it seemed - and I really wish To a Stranger was a real movie! I hope there's more coming, like promised in the author's note, but could you please post the joint Sherlock & John Ellen interview - the prospect sounds so entertaining! Great job :)

Just one recommendation - a little more closure on some of the other characters and their relationships (Sally, Harry, John's parents) or at least updates towards the end would have been nice, but if you're continuing the story, hopefully that'll be included!
Quill Scribblings chapter 6 . 5/28/2012
God, I'm crying. I have Never cried at a goodbye scene before, never. What have you done to me? You have my heart in one hand and my attention in the other. Please don't hurt me, I only wanted to see them together. SOON. Okay?
Quill Scribblings chapter 5 . 5/28/2012
Holy shit! I would have just LOVED to see those girls' reactions to the film...which just goes on to prove how sadistically and easily amused I am. The composition for this is fantastic- so flowing and yet the mood can still keep us entranced. Love it. Lx
1,916 | « Prev Page 1 .. 62 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 82 .. Last Next »