Reviews for Scar Tissue
jadedrepartee chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
You, my dear, are a freakin' genius. This fic is a gem from the first word to the last.

I really love how you examine their relationship here.

We see them in present day doing a normal "couple" thing that is totally believable. (As is Angela's planning for grandkids already.) And then the quiet normalcy of the moment is shattered by something that neither one of them particularly cares to remember and they retreat to old habits and patterns.

Then we find out about the event that caused them to fall back on those old coping mechanisms, and WOW.

I love that Booth was going to run the background check no matter what kind of hell he was going to have to pay later, because that's who he is: the guy who asks for forgiveness rather than permission.

Then we have Brennan, whose heart is clearly elsewhere, but went on the date to appease Angela. And then she gets angry because she knows he did something.

Then you give us the sections starting with: "They go on not talking about it." Seriously? That whole passage (right up to the scene break) is just stunning in its beauty and accuracy. It's a toss-up whether this passage or the final one is my favorite of the story.

I absolutely love that in the end, they try for a different outcome. They talk about it, finally, rather than sweep it under the carpet. The dialogue here is inspired. From "But he wasn't you", to their mantra, and the "You won't have to."

And all of that is just s super long way of saying that this story is simply superb. :)
geraghtyvl chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Really nice...a great way to end the night!
RositaLG chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Awwww...Yay! This ending of yours made me all mushy on the inside and giggly on the outside. Le sigh. You're just going to have to face the fact that you're a genius. It's a Fact.
mendenbar chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
This was just plain great. No fancy packaging needed. Just truth and time. Space no longer required or wanted.
avaniheath chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Oh, I thoroughly enjoyed this! I love how protective he was of Brennan, even though they weren't together. Although we don't see it, I'm certain he has done something similar to other men she's dated. And when he stepped in and threatened the guy - wow! Protective Booth is just hot!

I like that, even though they were both upset, she didn't run. That is paramount, no matter what universe you write in. B&B, once together ... running is not cool. Unless you need the angst ;) And then them talking about it - great resolution!

I really enjoyed the flashbacks back and forth, both points of view. Very well done! I hope your recipient thinks so. If not, well, I do :)
jenheir1 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
You write them so well! Another wonderful story...I get all giddy when I see your stories pop up in my inbox. :)
bonesgate chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Very nice story - loved it! Very believable too!

Thanks for writing and sharing :)
gypsymuse chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Oh, this was just lovely. It hit all the right notes. I'm sitting here all starry-eyed and happy now. :)
eitoph chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
This made me all tingly, that best kind of angsty messed up tingly that only the best writers can achieve. Which is to say, this is AMAZING.

"And so he justifies pushing the enter key to himself. Because he can't be happy for her that she's on a date. He's already a bad friend in that sense. He may as well just go ahead and be a really bad friend and look up this guy she's out with."

This is the perfect Boothy justification and something about your way with words here - it just makes so much *sense* to me. I also love the contact you show with the POV, Brennan trying to go through the motions not enjoying herself and Booth seeing it for something completely different - so smart!

I also loved:

"She contemplates calling Booth, just to check on him, but can't think of a good enough excuse to give him for her call. She decides to just go home. If Booth needs her, he will call. He always does and she always answers."

They are just these people, so perfect for each other who for so long were just missing each other by the smallest amount. This caught that perfectly and it jumped out at me for that reason.

The ending is also perfect. I love them talking it out, I just love his apology and her explanation and how he'd do it again anyway. Your Secret Santa recipient is a very, very lucky lady. I am in awe!
Frankie707 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
*sigh* I loved this. Booth does just keep doing the same things doesn't he? He'll always be very protective of those he cares about. Apparently Brennan was doing such a good job of looking interested in her dinner companion (even though she was thinking of Booth) that she even fooled Booth.

I do love that they both realized they had reached a point that they did need to talk about issues instead of ignoring them.

Also loved their mantra: Everything that came before...as gotten us where we are now. It's exactly what I think about the show. :) Last season may have been very painful at times but B&B a real couple was the outcome. :)
ladyjane777 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Now see... THIS is what I want to see on the show. This was perfect. Just enough angst resolved into sweetness and warmth.

Beautiful.

Go tell HH and crew that I said you could take over. :-)

Seriously, really great stuff. Love!
MoxieGirl chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Awwwwwwwwww. This just gave me tingles all up and down my heart. *bats eyelashes* Thank you, thank you for giving me something wonderful to read while I brown the hamburger for the Double Cheeseburger Classis Hamburger Helper. This beats the ROMANTIC heck out of watching reruns of any of the Season 7 episodes. Whoops - did I say that out loud? This was very sweet. I was proud of them for handling it so maturely. Well done, sister!
Baileyjane chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Oh I really enjoyed this! Booth, threatening the guy - HOT! And all of the little details that are so them - how even when neither of them were quite ready to be with each other, they knew they didn't want to be (and didn't want each other to be) with anyone else; the way they ignored the whole issue and just fell back into being partners/friends...

And that she didn't go back to her apartment - because home is wherever he is.

Sigh.
threesquares chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
I thought it was a great story! I love it when Booth gets to protect Brennan and I thought that the ending and the way that they resolved things between was very in character and sweet. Thanks. Michele
1cosmicgirl chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
nice one! over protective Booth is just yum.
46 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »