Reviews for A Game of Style and Brutality
GracelessBallerina chapter 1 . 9/28
I absolutely love this story! There aren't enough good Quidditch stories on here in my opinion, and yours is one of the best I've read. Not only is the story compelling, your work is very well-edited and polished as well.

It's just refreshing to see Harry enjoy the game and pursue his passion, and reading about high-adrenaline matches instead of all the battles and "life and death" stuff. I also enjoyed the little details of how your version of the world is different from canon, but also that you didn't linger too much on them and let the story flow naturally on its own. My favorite part is definitely the description of Quidditch and Harry's career progression- I don't like sports, but I've discovered that I enjoy reading about the dedicated process that athletes go through to become the best in their fields.

I read it this in one sitting and I hope you'll keep on regularly updating- I'm already anticipating the next chapter! Rooting for Harry and Daphne :)
Grand Witch Alliance chapter 15 . 9/18
I absolutely love this story. My number one favorite part is that it's very well proofread. It's also the first large story I've experienced reading that solely focused on Quidditch. That was probably what surprised me the most. I didn't think you could actually write such a story to make Quidditch sound exciting, not with the way people glanced over the sport in other fanfics.
the.PRESENT.pheasant chapter 15 . 8/31
I love sports, but playing them is much more enjoyable than watching them. This story is the epitome of all Quidditch stories, unfortunately there are barely any of them.
One of the best points of this story is the fluent dialogue between characters, from the quick banter between Harry and Seamus to Harry and Daphne's flirting. It's pretty hard to do dialogue right, especially when there's a hint of romance. So many authors turns the dialogue into lovey-dovey cheesy-ass bullshit that wouldn't work or happen in a million years.

However the main problem I have with this fic is basically it appears that you have no semblance of plot. It's a sport story so that's a small excuse, but at the moment it's basically going nowhere and hasn't really advanced in anything apart from the fact that Harry turned professional.
debsel chapter 15 . 8/27
cant wait for the update!
nick6489 chapter 15 . 8/10
I love this, because you actually get sports culture, unlike some people. I find it funny that JKR wrote the rules of quidditch as a dig at sports-loving men, to be as confusing as possible. ...It backfired when we have people like you writing this.
Baphojr chapter 15 . 8/1
One has to appreciate a good story when he finds it.

Fantastic work, i really enjoyed it.
greensun30 chapter 15 . 7/3
I've always wanted a quidditch oriented story, and now i've got it, ill be sure to follow this one to the end.
Andrew MacKenzie chapter 15 . 4/26
An excellent, not your typical Harry Potter story. I look forward to more, in fact I wish people would write more post-Hogwarts stories that were Non-Canon and as good as this!
LordAnarchy666 chapter 3 . 4/16
I'm amazed. Even with unrealistically amped up violence in an attempt to be gritty, Quidditch is still boring as fuck to read about. Also, I'm pretty sure Bludgers as described, would actually just be lethal, so there is that.
riogetsuki chapter 15 . 4/5
Your story is quite refreshing to read, been looking all over for this kind of story without a heavy plot. Just what seems to be a slice of life. I also like your humor in this story. Can't say I wasn't a bit disappointed with just th "suggestions" instead of reading a little smut scene. Oh well can't really have it all, but if you can, at least try to include even just a tiny-eeny-bit of smut XD And what's in it in Harry's fear of commitment? Overall, I can hardly wait for your next update!
Awesome story, loved it.
The plot was well thought out, the quidditch matches are detailed and the pace of the story is alright to me, please continue.
SpitKill chapter 15 . 3/24
Love sports and love this story! Hoping for something more explicit as far as lemons go as you delve further in the story, but regardless great work!
lemsv chapter 1 . 3/24
I came across your story. It's been a while since I found a story this interesting.
in my following list
Thanks for sharing
Scarred Seeker chapter 15 . 3/23
It's a really good story... Definitely a quidditch story... I hope to be reading more soon. Thanks for sharing this story.
Tsuyoi Naegi chapter 15 . 3/23
You know...I'm not one for watching sports. I'd much prefer being in them than anything.

But you posses a keen awareness to the depth of competition and sporting in general. You really know your stuff and it shows, and I'm impressed.

I also love the dynamic between Harry and Daphne. You've given Harry his relationships- good, bad, and both, which make sense given his situation. I also like how you gave Daphne's character more...character. Instead of being the typical damsel who sits in a tower fanning herself waiting for her hero, she's incredibly fun and atypical to read. I really like how you've written her character...I hope that now that there's something between the two, we'll see more of her around.

It's also to your credit that the dialogue is believable and organic here. Daphne Greengrass is for all intents and purposes an OC; the only line every pertaining to her was in the Fifth book, where it's mentioned that Hermione is standing behind Daphne Greengrass.

Can you imagine? A whole plethora of stories that are deep and emotionally invective based on a character who J.K. Rowling mentioned by name offhand. It's amazing what people come up with, and it's shown quite well here.

But yeah, she kicks ass and while I may not be a sport nut, I can enjoy the energy and atmosphere that's present in this. Harry isn't some new born god at Quidditch all of a sudden- we get to see his ascent to glory, his trials and tribulations and it makes everything great.

Hope to see more Harry/Daphne in the upcoming chapters!