Reviews for Forty Swings of the Sword
Jio Uzumaki chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
I've got something in my eye.

I've got something in my other eye.

I've got something in my heart. *manly tears*
Angry Santo chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Heh...loved it. Awesome ficlets. There was not any one that stood out as incredible for me, but the overall quality of what ya got here is very nice. keep it up.

As for one or two mistakes I caught

9 forward: I believe you meant “hear” instead of “here”

10 snow: Guts only has one eye.

Keep up the good work.
Gedwola chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Good job, I haven't read a lot of ficlets in general but these were interesting. I particularly liked 1 and 10. I have to say though I really went 'ugh' when I read the author's note in 5. I think you should have stuck with your original distain of that. It rips away completely the mood you created. You can't control what people think and interpret when they read your work, you just can't, no matter how distasteful it may be. But if you feel something is really not going to come off to most readers the way you want maybe you need to revise that section until you’re happy with it. Just no author’s notes in the middle, please, PLEASE. :)
jm1681 chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
For the most part, I'd say you got the characterizations down very well :) Normally, I'm not too much of a fan of drabble writing, but I think in the scenes you explored, you captured the feel quite nicely :)

Now, I will of course have my favorites, and of COURSE, those are 27 and 31 ;) I LOVED these because they do something I myself am TERRIFIED of doing; exploring Casca's mind at present. There is a playful, child-like, and Chobits-esque, "City With No People" feel to those excerpts, and I REALLY like that :) I think they pose a plausible, and promising look into poor Casca's damaged mind, and they leave me with hope for her to get better again :)

At risk of rambling, I leave you with a simple, and inadequate, 'Well done' _~