Reviews for Love Demands Sacrifices
dg101 chapter 16 . 6/18/2014
Lovely update!:)
Umeko chapter 16 . 6/11/2014
I can just picture the mischief that dog got up to in his room and Athos' reaction to that. I can relate to the dogskin purse, having encountered more than one canine who seemed more trouble than they are worth.
dg101 chapter 15 . 5/18/2014
Lovely update!:)
Umeko chapter 15 . 5/19/2014
Grimaud's character really shines through in this chapter.
dg101 chapter 14 . 3/23/2014
Lovely update- thank you!:)
Kaloubet chapter 14 . 3/18/2014
Cest encore un beau châpitre, jai bien aimé, surtout Athos, bien sûr, qui ne veut pas montrer sa faiblesse et qui pourtant est forcé de le faire. La discussion autour du chien est également trop bien, et il est vrai quun enfant devrait avoir un chien! Porthos est génial!
Umeko chapter 14 . 3/16/2014
So that's where the dog comes :-)

Athos still makes a terrible patient and even Porthos seems to be cracking a bit under the strain of managing both his friend and the household.
dg101 chapter 13 . 1/21/2014
The chapter is simply amazing-thank you!:)
Kaloubet chapter 13 . 1/16/2014
I like stories with Athos sick! Hes great, when nothing goes like he wants :-D. Poor Porthos, but hes really a very good friend, also with Raoul. But why didnt Athos want Raoul to see him? Because hes sick? Well, that are things that happens, it would be better for any child to see the truth. Very touching story, thank you for writing.
Umeko chapter 13 . 1/10/2014
I feel sorry for Porthos and Grimaud. Athos is not the easiest of patients to deal with. Little Raoul is just so precious. :-)
dg101 chapter 12 . 3/27/2013
Lovely update-thank you!:)
dg101 chapter 11 . 10/14/2012
Just read the chapters so far- gosh, these were the best 2 hours of my day. Thanks a lot for the great story-can't wait for the next update!:)
Umeko chapter 11 . 10/11/2012
Liked the exchange between Porthos and Athos, and Porthos and Raoul. OMG. Poor Athos. Wonder how Porthos is going to break the bad news to Raoul.
lilgenious chapter 3 . 9/9/2012
This was a very good story! I loved how you had the minor characters take a major role for once and really liked how you gave Charlot's wife a name.

I have noticed a few mistakes in this story that I would like to point out to you before I continue on with the next chapter. They are very minor mistakes but I feel the need to point them out to you so you know what I've noticed.

The first mistake was in the first paragraph when you were talking about what Charlot would have seen had we went to see the Comte and his son: "And the land... Lots of forest surrounded the propriety and for what I saw while we walked to the house" propriety is the wrong word in this sense as the word itself talks about rules of etiquette. I think you meant 'property' instead? "Lots of forest surrounded the property..."

The second thing that I have found could be considered as a mistake or not but I found that it confused me for a bit and forced me to read it over a few times before I got the meaning and this is the troublesome sentence here: "He gave us a small smile and made us the sign to wait for him a moment." Now, while I do understand the meaning of this sentence, if this were my story I'd word it a bit differently so that future readers can understand what you are trying to say so they don't go through the same thing like me (though that could be my own horrible sense of the English language speaking ;)), I'd change this to: "He gave us a small smile and made a sign for us to wait for him a moment longer." or something to that effect.

Then there is this sentence, which I found was missing a word or two to piece everything together nicely: "When we started to work with them it was pretty obvious that the only thing they were interested about my wife was her food..." I would change this sentence so it would look like this: "When we started to work with them it was pretty obvious that the only thing they were interested in when it regarded to my wife was her cooking."

"Good to know. Charlot, the castle need a lot of work before we can start to think about the lands." A pause, The Count looked over his shoulder but his eyes were too low to see us. "Carpenters and joiners had been searched, but those who are skilled were busy this time of year..." This sentence has two mistakes that I am going to point out to you: The first is that you need to fix "need" to "needs" and then the latter part of the sentence: It should look like this: "Good to know. Charlot, the castle needs a lot of work before we can start to think about the land." A pause, the Count looked over his shoulder but his eyes were too low to see us. "Carpenters and joiners(?) have been searched for but those who are skilled are busy this time of year."

I have the question mark because I do not know what you mean by joiners, however I have fixed up the sentence.

Now here is the last issue that I found because it doesn't make much sense and it is worded in such a way that got me confused: ""Does the Count told you about the child?" I asked Euphrasie while she placed another thread on the needle." If this were my story I'd change this to: "Did the Count tell you about the child?" The way you had it before made it feel weird when I read it to myself and outloud.

Overall, this fic was really good. I loved the fact that you have Charlot being the jealous husband, who is overprotective of his wife and doesn't like all the good looking men looking at her. I thought this was very well done and I look forward to reading the rest of these short stories.

I loved how you really incorporated Athos and Raoul into the story and of course Grimaud of course! It isn't everyday that we read about his good looks! I really love your unique writing style and your description makes it fun to read. Your character depictions are spot on and your dedication to making the minor characters shine through in fics makes for a very nice read and urges your readers to continue on.

Keep writing!
Umeko chapter 10 . 7/16/2012
Great work so far. I like how Athos tries to do his best by his son, including sitting up with him when Raoul's ill and trying to get him legitimized as far as possible. I also liked the way he tried to skirt the issue of who Raoul's mother is in front of Porthos. But seriously, he should watch his drinking. I fully agree that Porthos will make a terrific godfather to the boy.