Reviews for Lavinia
TunneyBaker chapter 23 . 8/2 first thoughts about it that I can't read it! Abuse and rape isn't what I like to read but I thought I can start and see. But I love angst and I was so in a mood of reading an angsty fanfic! So I started reading and couldn't stop! I read the other night until 4 am in the morning! First of all I want to compliment you for writing it so good as well as you wrote well about the abuse and rape (if it is okay to say it like that)! It is definitely a masterpiece! Thank you for your recommendation that I should go for it! I don't regret it! I really can't describe my feelings for this story! You both have shown the feelings of Jane and Lisbon so honest I believed everything! When time passes by I am sure this is one of a few stories I will re-read again! I am quite sure about it! I really love this story although it sounds strange to love a story about this trauma! TBH I am so happy I read it in one go! I am sure I couldn't have handled it at the time you both wrote that story waiting for the next chapter! Think I would have stalked you on twitter begging to post the next chapter! But luckily I read it when it was complete! This story is amazing and I am still speechless! Thank you both for this unbelievably incredible intriguing story (it really sounds strange and I apologize to everyone who might be offended by my review)!
stacey chapter 23 . 12/5/2015
Hi, my dear authors! First of all, thank u for this amazing story, I just can't explain my feelings. Actually I'm from russian fandom of the Mentalist and I found some chapters in russian, it was really interesting. Then I decided to read this fic in English...and it's perfect! It's the most wonderful story which I've ever read. U have done big and hard work, but it's unbelievable. Jane and Lisbon, u could show Lisbon's anger, grief, dispeair... for some time I really felt the same as she did. I was angry with Lisbon that for the first time she was so rude and impolite, but some time later I understood that " yeah, it's real Lisbon. She's strong, she'll never give up". Actually I just admire this woman for her character, strength, I consider strong and independent women to be like Lisbon is. Jane is always Jane. He helped her, understood, and he could have her a shelter as she did the same thing for him. They healed each other, their live is so strong because the know each other, they've spent so much time together, their love is deep, strong. Thank u again for this gorgeous story, and I'm sure that I'll read it again.
LouiseKurylo chapter 23 . 11/14/2015
Excellent story. Bravura handling of the trauma of rape, the struggle to come to terms with it and move on. Thank you for writing it.
LouiseKurylo chapter 14 . 11/12/2015
The team has narrowed the list of suspects considerably. They have DNA from the rape. Could they not ask (DK if they could get court orders) for DNA samples to rule people out ... or ID the one? Even if the couldn't do it via court order, some might willingly go along to a) prove themselves innocent and b) help solve the case. Others might be either embarrassed into it or unwittingly provide a sample (think saliva left on a water glass during lunch (did that in a couple of episodes, I think).
LouiseKurylo chapter 13 . 11/12/2015
Lisbon is in no condition to be calm and logical. Not knowing who raped her leaves her fearing everyone. Ultimately, the team is right ... for her as well as themselves.

That said, Lisbon scratched the man who raped her. The team quickly decided the attacker was someone at the event. It makes no sense they would not have visually checked each man for those scratches near the time of the event.
LouiseKurylo chapter 9 . 11/11/2015
You're bringing a text on the pathology of rape trauma to life. No small accomplishment.
LouiseKurylo chapter 7 . 11/10/2015
Quite subtle for Jane to realize her experience and needs - especially involving him - were changing him. It would be frightening for him to contemplate that he was moving away from his own tragedy, to fear he was less dedicated to fulfilling his vow of revenge for his family. And the responsibility for helping Lisbon would be terrifying. Very nicely done.
LouiseKurylo chapter 5 . 11/10/2015
The reactions, the shattering of every aspect of her life ring true. It speaks of familiarity with victims of such crime. Excellent.
LouiseKurylo chapter 3 . 11/10/2015
Because of the nature of the topic, I can't say I'm enjoying this story. However, the writing is superb. Your knowledge of the forensics process and impact on rape victims (and those close to her) makes for vivid imagery.
Edelweisss chapter 23 . 9/25/2015
This story is incredibly well written, I can't think of a good adjectif to describe it. It's real, raw, human; I laughed, sighed, smiled, hoped (almost cried more than once and this isn't an easy task). I couldn't help myself but press next chapter, I felt Lisbon's torment. The way you described her fall into depression...I'm speechless; as someone who's been in the darkness/the fall (different circumstances but still) I identified with her Lisbon was perfect. Everything was on point
All the characters here are so themselves, their behaviors are believable, their reactions too. I could pictures the characters doing what you wrote... Van pelt and her survivor's guilt, Rigsby was as awkward as expected and Cho was the Cho we all like. And Jane, wow...His relationship with Lisbon was amazing, touching, honest and everything...
I'm relieved about the ending, I loved it. It's accepting and moving on, it's hope and strenght (and the bastard was punished !)

Frankly that fanfiction is amazing, one of my favorites ! You've got talent.
Bravo and thank you so much for taking on your time to write it
littleellie30 chapter 23 . 8/17/2015
Fabulous piece of writing that has sensitively approached a tough topic. I loved that none of the characters felt contrived or OOC.
LucyEden89 chapter 21 . 6/7/2015
And I was SO sure it was Jasper! Well played, well played... and now toast that son of a bitch!
MartyMc49 chapter 23 . 4/6/2015
This is one of my all time favorite fan fiction stories for the Mentalist. I know you must think it's crazy reviewing a story after it's been posted for so long, but I don't think I found this until it had been out for a while.
mylittleshipocean chapter 23 . 3/4/2015
Weeping with happiness now. Lisbon is such an amazing woman, and Jane such a caring man. Seriously I am crying into my stuffed polar bear right now.
mylittleshipocean chapter 22 . 3/4/2015
That son of a bitch. Sanford you son of a bitch. I bet he was quite 'clumsy' then. Good on you Lisbon for that speech at the end