Reviews for The Great Western Way
silvermouse chapter 6 . 5/10/2014
This is great! The Duck Bridge is the best idea I have ever seen! Hey, this should have happened in the TV series!
DuckGWR5761 chapter 6 . 6/24/2013
Beautiful story. I read it twice because I enjoyed it so much. I love the two Great Western Engines, but Duck in particular, because he is my favourite. I like how Duck is really grumpy about the upgrading work and building woork at the start, and how it has ruined his branchline. We don't see much of Molly in the TV series, so it is a good thing to write stories that expand on her character. The return of Scruffey had me riled up; I've seen the episode in which the original Scruffy is in (Toad Stands By), and he is horrendous. This Scruffey is no better, so it was nice for you to destroy him like that. The twist at the end was cool, it made the perfect end to this story. Another thing is that this story sticks to the plot to which a lot of the classic episodes stick to; an engine makes a mistake that lasts the whole stroy (in this case, Duck overreacting) and he makes up for it at the end. In all, a perfect story. 5 out of 5

What does everybody think of me making a Wooden Railway remake of this story? I will try and be as orthentic and faithful to the original story as possible.
revlinirs chapter 6 . 9/16/2012
Oh, what a beautiful story! And it involving my favorite characters, it's a total package! I love a good story who catches the elements of good friendship, drama, and a good laugh as well! Especially the comical part, how they made me laugh like a man! Haha, anyways, a well written story, overall. Adding an epilogue gave the story an extra boost of excitement. Never scare me like that again! I seriously thought Duck had killed the duck! Heh, never thought I would actually say that. Anyways, sorry I'm posting a late review. Laziness, I suppose. Curse me! I'm a bad person, for not writing a review for an excellent story by a top-dog author! I feel shameful... Enough with the griping, Time to wrap things up. In conclusion, a very well-written story with no mistakes that I see. I hope you will write more stories such as this one in the near-future. Keep up the amazing work, my dear friend!
GateGhost chapter 6 . 7/19/2012