Reviews for Careening Through the Universe
FatherBrown chapter 2 . 4/7
Someone on tumblr recommended this and damn is it good. I haven't been involved in the Naruto fandom much since the character development and storyline hit a plateau in the middle of Shippuden but I've started reading the fanfic again because 9/10 it is way better.

Like this little gem... despite the different timeline everyone is so funny and the way Hana is written is amazing. I love how hard she tries to not to care, except that she does care, she cares so much it scares her. And it shows in the second half when Hana tries pushing Itachi away.

Oh god, the way these two interact! It reminds me of a period drama. The initial feelings of disdain from their first meeting, to the gossiping towns people, and the interfering family member who keeps pushing marriage.
(UGh, I feel for Hana at the wedding. I have had family not so subtly suggest that I need to settle down. Though, it would have been funny if Aunt Fuuko did somehow did hear the gossip about her niece and the Uchiha Clan heir. "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife." I think that that is Fuuko's motto.)

The fact there were so many characters from canon that are only mentioned and are so fleshed out here makes me so happy.

And I saw that someone had already asked in a previous review, but what made Jiraiya's latest work different from his other endings?

And, is there any chance that this will be posted to AO3? I don't if you are active much in fandom, but if so this story might get a little more traffic there. And if you aren't active anymore oh well.

Thank you for writing this wonderful story.
I've recently come back to the Naruto fandom after a long hiatus and I was just mindlessly browsing when I found this.

Holy crap am I happy that I did.

This is so cute and the POV was awesome. Hana is so realistic and the world feels like Naruto, even if the timeline has changed. I think my favorite part is seeing how the war affected those young enough to remember it but not old enough to actively participate in the conflict over the course of their life.

And I know this piece is supposed to fluffy but Hana is afraid and empathetic and the way it influences her and her interactions is amazing. I love seeing women portrayed with a diverse array of emotions and different definitions of strength, it makes it all so human.

Anyways, amazing bit of work here. The ending and pacing was perfect and while it was serious there was so much humour here. Like the wedding and Hana having to patiently sit through her aunt's attempts or everyone from Ino to Jiraiya seeing the chemistry Hana and Itachi have but Hana desperatley trying to deny it. (I am curious though, what made the ending in Jiraiya's latest book different fro the others?)
R.A.Storyteller chapter 2 . 2/14/2015
This was absolutely perfect! :D
Guest chapter 2 . 6/22/2014
Beautiful, please please write more
ElgarCelloConcerto chapter 2 . 4/23/2013
Oh god, sweetest romance on this site. Perfect for taking your mind off the more serious stuff going on on the manga. Shisui was the best, ever considered doing this from and Itachi's POV?
Alalaes chapter 2 . 3/10/2013
Oh god, the chemistry ...
Guest chapter 2 . 12/10/2012
After being force to browse through 1000s of poorly written Itachi/Sakura fics I was finally able to stumble upon this. And I'm glad I did because not only is it a breath of fresh air, but it is also well written. Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed reading your fic with well written characters and situations.
waywardscarf chapter 2 . 6/9/2012
I love the ending it really made me smile. I enjoyed this chapter just as much as the first. It must have been one really freaking long oneshot to begin with and I'm glad you split it into two. Overall my favourite part is the interaction between the characters, all of them, not just Hana and Itachi.I love how you portrayed Kiba and Shisui. This was wonderful, thank you for writing it and posting it here!
waywardscarf chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
I think this is my favourite of all your fics. Yes, it most definitely is. Lack of plot and action and suspense, but it's still my favourite. I'm weird like that, I actually love the docile, peaceful moments in video games. Of course I wouldn't play an entire video game like that, just as I wouldn't read an entire novel where everything is happy, but I do enjoy these short bits. I like how Hana and Itachi don't get along at first, fics where Itachi is antsocial to everyone BUT Hana and is all chummy with her annoy me. You certainly made me fall in love with Hana's ninken, they have so much personality. I also like how you explained things like Kotetsu's random bandage. I'm impressed that you included all those little things like Hayate dating Yuugao. Plus I love the little humorous scenes like Aunt Fuuko's bulldog eating those spiced sticks. Oh and Hana pulling one over Kakashi. That certainly made me laugh. I really enjoyed this!
FrozenCrystalHeart chapter 2 . 4/2/2012
OMG this was a GREAT story! I absolutely loved it! You did a great job so please continue writing ItaHana fics! I love this pairing and their isn't very many stories about them so it's really nice to read a fic that complements both Itachi And Hana's personalities well. Again, great job and please continue the good work! :D
MsMartian chapter 2 . 3/19/2012
Oh my goodness! The sheer awesomeness of this story is just way too intense! I seriously thought I was dreaming for a second there because there is barely any ItaHana and all of a sudden I come upon this! You basically just made my day!
Touru chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
"Careening Though the Universe" impressed as a piece of fanfiction in its ability to connect Hana's and Itachi's story to a larger, political context without side-tracking. Subsequently, bergundy shows careful consideration for diverging from canon yet awareness of the repercussions for having a 'non-massacre', in e.g. Amegakure's and Kirigakure's struggle for independence.

In the same way as we have poetic forms, fanfiction strives for freedom of creativity while remaining within a certain set of parameters. What makes fanfiction infinitely inferior to poetry is how poorly language is used. And that's my criticism: utilizing literary techniques would have made Itachi's and Hana's budding affections so much more profound.

What saved the story was the tea: the cultural implications of showing how the act of drinking tea can be both a lonesome and social task gave the characters depth.

I like your attitude towards fanfiction so I think there's potential for marked improvement in your style.
Chanvre Vert chapter 2 . 1/22/2012
Love, love, love the tiny edit. Little revenge on Hana's part, ne? :)

Sweet story and great job!
Sepsis chapter 2 . 1/21/2012
I loved the end! ;) And of course how you wrote the whole thing and the interesting friendship between Itachi and Hana and how it started. :)

"Hana had arrived at this conclusion about the quality of the tea because Itachi still left after drinking only one cup. Maybe he was a secret optimist who hoped, before every visit, that perhaps this time it would taste marginally better."

Haha, that was wonderful! xD Just like the part where Itachi talked with Naruto, haha..
The True Not Important chapter 2 . 1/18/2012
Wow great new chapter! I loved the little changes and the more romantic air between Itachi and Hana. Like I mensioned before this is one of my favorite pairings. Please keep up the great work. I will continue to read and review. Please update soon. THANK YOU!