Reviews for The Destruction of Katniss Everdeen
EmmaJoyMaree chapter 6 . 11/30/2014
I'll freely admit I'm a sucker for stories like this, all some people seem to focus on is the romance but this is a wonderful exploration of just how much the choices and descions and events in the hunger games trilogy have broken and changed Katniss. The fact that you've written it from Haymitchs point of view is great, he after all knows exactly how the games destroy things especially people. I am the worst type of Addict when it comes to broken!katniss. I suppose you could call it one of my guilty joys..

Anyway I'd love to read something about the epilogue if you get the chance?
lestersheehan chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
Okay, so I just wanted to leave another review, especially since I have now made an account. I posted the previous one, but I still read this every now and again. And it still hurts just as much. Brilliant work c:
Elly Tatnell chapter 6 . 11/30/2013
I finished reading Mockingjay this morning, and it's all I could think about all day. I've sobbed so many times, until finally deciding to read fanfiction, because I can't bring myself to do anything else. I read a few, that made me feel worse. Then a few, that began to make me feel better. But this has destroyed me. It is beautifully written, and beautifully in character. You captured the destruction of Katniss perfectly, and it hurts me to see it laid out before me. I'm in tears. Again. Oh my god. She was so strong, but by the end, the girl on fire had no fire left to give; the girl on fire had been burnt to nothing.
Reviewing Reader chapter 6 . 10/29/2013
BCAZ IVE BEEN CHECKING THIS
DAMNED STORY FOR 19 MONTHS
19 FUCKING MONTHS!
Thanatos's daughter chapter 6 . 11/9/2012
I almost cried when cinna died. I love ur story Haymitch and katniss are my favs probably because we are so alike
toolazytologin chapter 6 . 3/25/2012
Love it! Very well written :)
Diana chapter 6 . 3/25/2012
Peeta wasn't sent to District 2. He joined Katniss's squad in the Capitol.
Eliza Russell chapter 6 . 3/25/2012
Reallybreally good! And I enjoyed the movie very much as well!
marblesharp chapter 6 . 3/24/2012
Very nice, very nice :D Seriously though, nice chapter. No mistakes.

The beginning bit about Peeta was a little random because Haymitch never got back around to him. Maybe add something in about Peeta catching fire (that's a horrible pun but I'm rolling with it) in the parachute explosions as well, furthering the Destruction of Katniss Everdeen?

"'I'm with the Mockingjay.' It felt almost like a sin to call her that. A title, forever shrouded in pain and suffering." First off, I love this. :3 Second, what's your impression of Haymitch agreeing to the final HG for Capitol children? I'd like to hear your interpretation. :)

Saw the movie last night. Loved it! (THAT. WAS. MAHOGANY.)
Emma Kellog chapter 6 . 3/24/2012
First off, great chapter. You really know how to capture the emotion of a scene without being overly wordy. Second, I loved the movie. Had to see it twice before I could appreciate it as a movie. Books and film are two different mediums, and the two shall never be equal. The book is amazing, and I think the movie can stand alone as a great piece of filmmaking. The actors were spot on, and while it didn't follow the book in every detail, I felt it did a good job of presenting the important themes that the book dealt with.
Nyx Nox chapter 5 . 2/23/2012
Favorited and added to my story alert! I love this so far and can't wait for your next update. Your story is beautifully well written... And wow.
marblesharp chapter 5 . 2/22/2012
Gah, this is beautiful! Nice job, once again. :D

Watch out for punctuation errors like, "'Peachy.' I said shortly." - That should be, "'Peachy," I said shortly."

Other than those extremely fixable things, the story is still amazing and I really like your writing.
TheCruciatus chapter 5 . 2/22/2012
I love this story. You're writing is just amazing. You've got just enough detail to put the image into the reader's mind, and just enough emotion to have it all play out. Just, bravo. Bravo.
MarbleSharpwhocan'treplytwice chapter 3 . 2/21/2012
(Ah, no worries!) Perfect. :)