Reviews for Absent Are the Saints
blackmath333 chapter 6 . 6/11/2012
great chapter looking forward to the next update
The Altrox chapter 6 . 6/9/2012
glad you updated. another good chapter, although it was kinda vanilla.
SwordsmanofS chapter 5 . 4/12/2012
I think your Lone Wanderer should tell his name to Moira when they sleep together and start a relationship (Why aren't there more LW/Moira pairings out there?).

Update soon.
Kanoa The Free Spirited One chapter 4 . 3/23/2012
Hmm, don't know why it took me so long to read this update, but this chapter looks great, I especially like how we can see what the LW will become but how he has yet to develop the skills behind them, definatley looking forward to his reunion with his father, I have yet to see a darkLW/Dad reunion, and I am excited... that is, if you choose to continue the story... which you better.
distant-echoes chapter 4 . 1/30/2012
I like the way you write action. It doesn't drag like the action in some stories do, but it's just enough to keep the story interesting. That's the one thing I have a terrible time doing is writing action-y bits like gunfights and/or unarmed combat (though I have an easier time with unarmed than gunfights, lol).

I think you wrote Moira very well and I'm glad that our little Vaultie has come to terms with what self-defense in the Wasteland means. I also like that she picked up on the 120 caps line. She may be cheerful, but she's not naive. :)

I look forward to seeing where you go next and the length of this chapter was good. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if you kept them about this long. So keep up the good work!

distant-echoes chapter 3 . 1/22/2012
This was an excellent chapter. I don't think the sex was out of place at all. It was appropriate because of Nova's occupation and hell, might as well put a hot scene in there for good measure, you know?

I agree that leaving the chapter at this point was a good thing, as any more would seem a bit off-balance and mess up the pace a little.

I look forward to where you're going to go from here and I think you're wise to keep the mention of cap amount to a minimum. I can't imagine how hard it would be to sneak around a Mirelurk or a Super Mutant with 50 bottle caps jingling around in your pockets.

Can't wait for another update! Keep the excellent work coming. :)

P.S. You are correct. Chocolate milk is the shit. :D
Reikas Farowkas chapter 3 . 1/22/2012
There are two things here. 1: A good writer and 2: A good plot. The storyline for this is nothing short of amazing, and I really like the detail you put into the whole thing. It makes you feel as if you could be the character himself, and I like that aspect. I will be expecting more from you, as I assume the tale of the Lone Wanderer has only just begun!
The Altrox chapter 3 . 1/22/2012
Reading, reading, reading, reading,read- OH MY GOODNESS, LEMON! Well, to answer your question, the Nova scene wasn't out of place, but I feel like not a whole lot happened in this chapter. Personally, I would have put the sex in the middle of the chapter and had LW do something else afterward, or made the first part of the chapter longer. Nothing wrong with the lemon, cept it's good to get some content otherwise.
cally777 chapter 2 . 1/10/2012
This fic does exactly what it says on the tin. So far absolutely nothing original has happened. But a story well told is a story well told. Its gritty, its realistic, and it feels right. Better yet its ingeniously compressed with hardly a word wasted and the maximum amount of info packed in. Which means there's still plenty of room for some vibrant descriptions and emotive scenes. The killing of Silver is a perfect example.

Inevitably characterisation is so far mostly confined to pencil sketches, but within that nothing has struck me as sounding false. While the LW has little yet to distinguish him, his reactions are those you might expect based on his experiences, and appear well balanced between the extremes of saintliness and gratuitous violence. Chalk up some more points there.

Whether all this is going to be enough to keep me and other readers interested for further episodes - well hopefully we'll find out soon enough, but I will be watching with interest.
distant-echoes chapter 2 . 1/9/2012
Very nice overall. I like the intensity and the second-guessing done by the character and your attention to gritty reality. I can't wait to see where you go with this. Please continue. :)

Kanoa The Free Spirited One chapter 2 . 1/8/2012
Good to see a new update so soon and longer this time. Anyway, just letting you know at least one person is enjoying the story, eager to see more of this dark wasteland soon.
The Altrox chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
so is this character going to end up going Chaotic good or something? Anyway, I think you've done good so far. Just make sure you don't drift into blank angst territory.
SwordsmanofS chapter 2 . 1/7/2012
Not bad at all. I look forward to seeing him work with Moira, and meeting the Brotherhood. Should be interesting at least.

Good luck with the next chapter.
Kanoa The Free Spirited One chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
I agree that this is short, but I'm hoping to see more soon. Anyways, I'm looking forward to realism in Fallout, it's just absent too often, and I'm hoping (based on the title) that the LW won't just be a faceless saint righting all the wrongs of the world effortlessly without getting scars. To be honost, I'm kinda hoping you make a grisly and dark LW that does good stuff but in a bad way. Anyway, just my opinion and I can't wait to see where you go with this. If you want, you should check out commandocucmber's Fallout 3: Modus Operandi.