Reviews for The Unfortunate Truth
nhrc chapter 2 . 10/29/2014
Nispedana chapter 2 . 10/22/2014
hahah thanks for this!
i have wondered what could've happened in between the execution and their parting
Nispedana chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
There should be more AdlerxSherlock moments
Totally squeal-worthy
Higanbana - Red Spider Lily chapter 2 . 1/23/2014
Loved it !
Thanks a lot for writing this !
AthanRG chapter 2 . 7/23/2013
This is quite an amazing piece. The time span you chose for this was perfect, because you lead us to the rescue by showing us how Irene tries to survive and how Sherlock comes to terms with the consequences of revealing her passcode. There are very interesting lines and ideas surrounding this story: I personally liked “when she first noticed her own attachment she panicked and faked her own death” – that’s an approach of her first death that I had never seen before – but of course I was also delighted with Irene’s plan to leave a trace only Sherlock would recognise (so very her).

It’s a bit heartbreaking reading about how Irene starts leaving clues with the hope that Sherlock will ultimately help her (just a bit because, well, we know he did help her ;), but I also liked how she resigns yet keeps doing all the same, for him to remember her by. And I was absolutely fascinated by the idea that she had gone to Pakistan to die in her own terms, not actually hiding anymore.

I loved the idea of Sherlock building his own file about her, the idea that she is present in most of his thoughts and how he doesn’t seem to lose track of her. The arrow pointing to Middle East was a neat touch. I loved that, even in those circumstances, he doesn’t seem to realise he’s going to help her.

And of course, that last line! Absolutely perfect ending for such enjoyable story. I felt the same excitement I did when watching ASiB for the first time. The break-line just before that was just perfctly located, it’s so simple yet it takes you to that moment when you think she’s actually going to die, but reading those last words gives you so much hope. Just perfect!
Infame chapter 2 . 5/28/2013
This was absolutely beautiful. And so intelligent. And interesting! And the characters were perfect.

... so basically I loved your fic, lol.

I thought what you did with the plot was brilliant! Totally kept me on the edge of my toes.

Thank you for having posted your wonderful story :)
Guest chapter 2 . 12/31/2012
I love your take on what happened. It paints Irene in more of a playful, witty light that seems more in character to me than the damsel in distress that a lot of people characterize her as.
guest chapter 2 . 12/29/2012
I love it! :D
Write more!
Luny Ravings of THE Mad Hatter chapter 2 . 11/4/2012
i loved this. It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Very in character. I am incredibly impressed. It did always strike me that even though Sherlock says that emotions are useless, life is more interesting when you do indulge in it. and he does hate to be bored.
hisdarkdesire chapter 2 . 9/26/2012
Pure Poetry. This was beautiful and it flowed so well, it was like I was watching a painting all leading up to that one moan. Glorious.
gabthebomb chapter 2 . 8/31/2012
Loved this - especially the bit about her leaving the arrow for him :)
RufflesandLays chapter 2 . 8/7/2012
After watching SiB, i became totally hooked with The Sherlock and Irene pairing. (damn that sexual tension) Anyway, reading this story was an absolute delight! It completed the missing pieces of the puzzle :) i loved how you made the "leaving a piece of jewelry", as Irene's trademark. It's so her. Classy. And i can totally imagine Sherlock peeping into Irene's files. Adorable! Hope you write more!
captainsapphire chapter 2 . 7/26/2012
Amazing! You've written the whole scenario really well. Its nice to think it could have happened this way ;) thank you for sharing.
thestockholmsyndrome chapter 2 . 5/10/2012
I just re-read this and I'm still completely obsessed with this pairing. Please write something else.
lika chapter 2 . 4/9/2012
This is definitely one of my favourite Sherlock fics. Do I ever love your Irene Adler (chili sauce and a steak knife, *nice*), and the use of making arrow pointing to where she *planned* on going was brilliant. That rocked. Also loved Sherlock's reaction to that revelation. The way you protrayed the relationship between the two of here was fantastic. The thought process of how they were drawn to each other, even though they barely knew each other and weren't even in the same country, was so in character and spot on. Absolutely loved this 3