Reviews for The Shepherdess and the Questing Beast
0StarShine0 chapter 117 . 8/3
Just read the whole story and I really enjoyed it! Are you going to continue it?
Wallenkies chapter 117 . 7/8
I've been reading this since it came out. Please come back. This is the most complete story of Mass Effect I have ever read. I never was a colonist, but your Shepard gave it the story it deserves.
Loving it chapter 117 . 6/17
Okay, so I devoured this awesome piece in just two days and I must admit: I need to know how this ends! Especially looking forward to that party and finding out all about that echo of Benezia in Shepards mind...
Is this ever going to a next chapter? Or has this been uploaded and continued on another platform somewhere?
This is an amazing story and I love all the details and how you built the Asari society and it's rules and guidelines.
Sincierest regards
chococornetforlunch chapter 117 . 6/13
i'm working on actually letting the authors of stories i read know how much i enjoy them. i've been reading this since mid-2013 and it's by far one of my favorite pieces of literature i've read. like, man i've re-read this one a couple of times haha. of course i'd love to see the story continue, but this isn't meant to pressure you. just wanted to let you know how much i love your writing and storytelling! :)
AFDN chapter 117 . 5/7
It's funny how this story never strays too far from my mind. Mass Effect ended, but I can't help feeling it hasn't because this story is not finished. It's just so well written and constructed in such a way I am always left wanting more. All the characters were given dimensions and to not be invested in a story full of well-developed characters is impossible. When will you ever come back? I miss this story...heck, have you written other stories as of late? I want to know...and read more.
bapak in indonesian means father so altho the spellings a bit different its really funny to see it used here as barbaric. appropriate for a matriarchal society? lol
JimmyHall24 chapter 39 . 5/5
Ew church. Another form of indoctrination
JimmyHall24 chapter 2 . 5/5
If people still believe in god in the future then we are failing as a society. There is no magic sky man in the clouds.
kukunamuluku chapter 117 . 4/6
Sorry, that was supposed to mean "wish the author all the best"...
Kukunamuluku chapter 117 . 4/5
I can only agree with everything robb1068 said. This was one of the best things I've ever read and that includes all the books I've read, too. The way the story evolved, all the details the author has brought in, the loveable characters, the atmosphere...
I liked all the OCs in this story even if I usually avoid stories with them. The ones here were different somehow, they felt like they were really part of Shepard's and Liara's lives, not just some random guy that was dropped in to make the story more interesting.
I even read the story to my girlfriend and translated it into German, because she's not so familiar with English and I didn't want her to miss it.
It's sad to see it gather dust, but at least we got a sign of life from PMC65, even if "by" is quite the mysterious one. Maybe it's a not-sure-if-this-is-good-bye-yet-ish sign.
I'll keep hoping and with the author all the best.
KitaqBoom chapter 5 . 2/25
PMC65 chapter 1 . 2/24
by
robb1068 chapter 117 . 2/16
So 2015 came and went without a new chapter. "Shepherdess" has hibernated before, for weeks, even months. But never this long. Unfortunately it looks like our heroes are trapped on the Citadel... before the lockdown, before Ilos and before the ending.

But I have come to praise "Shepherdess and the Questing Beast", not to bury it. Or something like that.

It's hard to believe, but it was almost four years ago that I found this story. I've mentioned it in previous reviews, but "Shepherdess" was the first EPIC fan fiction story I found here, after reading through several "fix-it" stories addressing the disappointing ending to ME3. After reading the prequel "A Thessian's Whisper" and getting caught up on the 20 chapters of "Shepherdess", I was hooked. Both stories were unlike anything that I had read previously on this site. There was a richness to the story and depth to the characters... depth that the author didn't mind going off script to flesh out and embellish.

It's funny, to me "off script" would be the calling card for "Shepherdess", weaving around the main ME1 storyline, at times brushing against it and at other times dancing away. Some chapters followed the game with slight differences; some chapters were in an entirely new setting, but brought in canon elements or conversations from the game; and of course some chapters were completely AU and brought in original characters, elements and conversations that were far more than just window dressing. They would move the plot along.

There are so many highlights to this story that give me fond memories. The first dinner party on the Ark with E.W. and Liara in the kitchen; I can remember that any new update during the Aikaterine chapters would cause me to stop what I was doing to read them; The amazing chapter on Noveria where Benezia gets a proper send off; the frustration of "if you two would just talk to each other, there would be fewer misunderstandings!" and then realizing that it's part of the fun; Cinnamon Toast Kisses that brought me to tears.

There was so much to "The Shepherdess and the Questing Beast". So much to E.W. and Liara that ultimately it seems impossible to tell their story strictly in the confines of ME1. This story HAD to have it's visits to Arcturus and the Aikaterine and everywhere in-between that wasn't Therum, Feros, Noveria and Virmire. Because that was their story. And it is fucking amazing.

So if this is it, please allow me to raise a tumbler of Jameson to two incredible characters: Liara T'Soni and Elizabeth Whisper Shepard.

And to our author, PMC65... thank you so much for sharing your story. It's been wonderful.
Sora Skies chapter 117 . 2/4
One of the most amazing Fanfiction I have ever read, not just in the mass effect community but ever. The little details found through out the story are what makes it one of my favorite. It's like it feels in gaps that the games left. They way the story combines elements from all the games to create a wonderful story. I truly hope this story, this series, hasn't been abandoned because it is truly a piece of art. Also I simply must know how it ends and I will buckle in for the ride.
mehrlicht chapter 117 . 12/16/2015
I really miss this fic :(
1,610 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »