Reviews for Ace Combat: Nightmare
Sgt Andy McNab chapter 5 . 3/8/2014
Good story so far specter. What info do you want for OCs?
yellow 14 chapter 5 . 1/9/2014
You are hardly the only one who has taken long hiatus, it would be hypocritical of me to criticise.
Ben Webster chapter 3 . 8/7/2012
After having recently played this game, i find your take on it refreshing. please continue.
Daisuke Tokayuma chapter 4 . 7/20/2012
Not bad at all I'm enjoying the read, it's making me wanna play it now. Keep it up I can't wait for the next chapter. The way you bring in more characters also gives the story a little bit more kick so to speak.
Mercenary Flyer chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
One quick note: La Pointe is a General (although how many stars he has is anyone's guess as they never made that quite clear).

Anyways, nice bit of dogfighting action for this chapter. The addition of those four Su-47's with Akula was a bit of a surprise I must say. I imagine the coming battles are going to diverge quite a bit from canon.

Guts' thoughts while taking the missile meant for Bishop were rather nice, giving him a bit of depth we couldn't see in the games.

Also from the first part of the chapter, I'm guessing Bishop and Jan have something going on between them. When you think about it, you could kind of see it in game with a few scenes they have together. Although outside of the final part of the game, its up to interpretation.

Anyway good luck with the rest of the story.
Wing Zero 032 chapter 3 . 7/4/2012
You...kiled Warwolf 4?...that was... Somewhat unexpected but is aceptable when we're talking about Character development.

Warwolf 3 and 4 have as much as character development as the Whole H.A.W.X. Sqadron on the final Battle in H.A.W.X.2, Eveyone but the player character died there and the only thing you could think was: Well, they died, now what?" They only got some random chatter or something related to the mission but nothing else, they remain as The Faceless of the Squadron
Wing Zero 032 chapter 2 . 7/4/2012
Knowing Namco's tradition of inserting a Kei Nagase in almost every Ace Combat(and other easter eggs) there's a lot of suspicions that Coyote 1 is actually the Kei Nagase of this dimension if the cutscene before homefront is any evidence of it(even her phisical apearence is identical to the kei Nagase that apears in a custom paintjob for the F-22 and the one that appears in Assault Horizon:Legacy(3D Cross Rumble in Japan, this is the whole re-make of Ace Combat 2: S.T.F.S.: Scarface) hell, even she sound a lot like Kei Nagase from Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, and I suppose Ace Combat 4: Shattred Skies, and even that new desing goes a lillte bit closser to the one shown in Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere(the legendary Japanese version)
yellow 14 chapter 4 . 6/26/2012
You want reviews? You have to be good to get reviews from me. And despite a few errors, this is in fact very good. If I recall correctly, B-2's don't actually have rudders and I think the PAK-FA is scheduled to enter service around 2020-2021 period, so it should be in service, abeit in small numbers. And I am really looking forward to seeing that baby in action. Keep updating
Bondubras of Devoncroix chapter 4 . 6/26/2012
I'm really enjoying this story. Seeing the mindsets of the pilots gives an added dimension of reality that is missing from most Fighter Jet games. (I myself have only played AC5: The Unsung War on the PS2, Heatseeker (Wii) and Tom Clancy's Hawx 2 (Also Wii.)

Keep up the good work.

-Maelstrom

P.S. There is a bit of new information on Lyllian in your inbox.
Winged Ikaros chapter 4 . 6/26/2012
Two nices chapters you got there! Again, I dig your dogfighting descriptions, very detailed, but not so much that it gets boring; you still manage to make the combat scenes hectic.

You also made a good depiction of Guts - his "final" thoughts when he takes the missile seem something he would say. I also want to see how you portrait the the rest of the squadron's characters, if you are going to do so. Though I don't really like the Bishop/Jehl pairing you are planning (poor Finn), I will see to that as well.

There's just one thing bugging me, though: what happened to the Russian ace piloting the white Su-47 with red stars? After he deflected Dagger 2's missile, he completely dissapeared from the story. Is he going to appear later?

I'll look forward to the next chapters! Keep up the good work!
LokaCola chapter 4 . 6/25/2012
Yay, another chapter! :D

And before I say anything, I love my profile name too. xD I guess my work here has been done. ;)

And yeah, this chapter was really great. It had a good pacing and it's exciting. Also, I do think it was a good idea to write the chapter from Guts perspective, it was really interesting to see. Btw, am I seeing some Bishop/Janice? ;)

And before I go totally insane (you're not alone :D), I just want to said I really laughed at this line.

"Or maybe one more night having a drink of vodka that he'd stolen from Major Illich's reserves with Bishop."

I can totally see Guts doing something like that. xD
Winged Ikaros chapter 2 . 5/30/2012
I'm absolutely loving this story so far. It's a nice complement for the main story of Assault Horizon. I found AH lacked... emotion? compared with earlier installements of Ace Combat. The plot was duller than the Razgriz's crusade and Cipher's legend.
But your take on Bishop's thoughts has made AH more personal and enjoyable for me. Especially when Bishop thought about ramming the Russian pilot; that part gave me a chill. Also, the dogfight's scenes were quite hectic, and I could imagine them perfectly on my mind.
A very good story. Keep up the good work!
LokaCola chapter 3 . 4/26/2012
This is really great, I must say. I really liked the plot in the game, but I wished they could have gone a little bit deeper in Bishop's mind. Which is what you're doing, and that's really great. But as I said, this is really good and I'm certainly enyoying reading this. You should continue writing this. Keep up the good work! :)
Mercenary Flyer chapter 3 . 3/28/2012
Aw you killed Warwolf 4. I was a little bummed by that, but I guess I can live with it.

Bishop's dogfight was pretty tense, the insight into what was running through Bishop's mind at the time helped considerably.

The OC, she was alright I guess. She kind off mysteriously dissappeared during the encounter with the Flanker. Or maybe she went off on her own, I couldn't really tell.

YOu also may want to take off the "Completed" tag until you know the story's actually completed.

Other than that this was a good chapter. I figure next chapter, you-know-who appears right.
Bondubras of Devoncroix chapter 3 . 3/28/2012
Good job with Lyllian.

I think you got her attitude spot-on: Willing to take risks, but slightly shy and introverted.

Nice job.