Reviews for The Part of Me That Can't Let Go
Drimali chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
This one-shot is magnificent.

The title, first. It's perfect for that fic, and it draw people to read it. Like me, in fact.

The alternation between past and present is very interesting, to compare his different points of view. But, I can't see when exactly takes place the present. Sorry if it's a problem of understanding from me.

Also, the use of the first person is very good. It's great the way you describe the sentiments of young Roy, it seems so... real. We can put oursleves in the caracter's shoes so easily.

The story is very touching, in particular thanks to the style of writting which is just brilliant.

I like very much your fic, so I wanted to thank you to have writed it.

And, I'm very sorry for the mistakes that I certainly made...
Ishte chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
What a tear jerker. The last line was perfect and very intense.
Mariel of Fantasy chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Oh gosh, this made me want to cry so much! But i can't because im at the mall and reading this on my phone. I don't want my family getting worried about nothing. But gosh, poor Roy! D; This was such a depressing fanfic, but despite the depressing-ness, it was a really great story because this was so well written! I almost have no words to describe how amazingly well this flowed and sounded. It was just brilliantly written. You should be proud of this. )

I really love how you put in grown-up-Roy's thoughts in this as well, it really added depth to the story, and made it just that much easier to connect with little-Roy.

Oh Roy, he was so innocent. I just wish I could hug him. He sounds like an adorable kid. It sounds like he had great parents too, they were so swwet and nice. It"s so sad that they died! Gosh, this fic is making me feel all emotional. I am definitely adding this to my favs. You did an AMAZING job with this. )

Mariel
OwlCookies XD chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
T...tht is so sad :'( and the part wer Madame christmas said it was raining...
RamenOnAStick chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Great story. It's interesting to read about this side of the Colonel; there's still so much we don't know about him, and you wrote it beautifully. Well done.
mebh chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
This is beautiful.

I love stories that show Mustang's childhood, so this was already a winner for me. The way you've wrought it though is really so very special.

Mustang's mum and dad are fantastically developed in the short time they're given in the piece; they're full and fun and the reader genuinely feels sad when they die.

The conceit of writing it first person is also great - I normally shy away from first person, but it was the perfect choice here.

Roy being so lost is heartbreaking, and you handle that delicately and beautifully. Honestly, one of the best pieces on grief on here.
bashfulglowfly chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Ah! Good explaination of how he's not crying but it's raining.

Good job!