Reviews for Not So Different
haruaji11 chapter 67 . 10/20/2018
First of all. Damn with that ending! Ok ,now i would start with the review: this story was incredible, i literally spend a whole day reading it. I have to admit ,at first,I didnt have my hopes up, i'm a big fan of Genderbend but i know that 90% is just used to either make cheap fanservice or to try to make some social comment,most of the time losing the "essence " of the case,was different. The thing that i like it more was how well you protayed the interactions between characters ,is things like people assuming Sonny and Jane being a couple all the time,i like how you protayed the characteristics of what Daria is in the context of a boy,an akward little boy living in the start of the millenium were you could only expect for him to be either a jock obssebs with sports and girls or an equallity obssebs fricky boy who use any oportunity to recall to the girls that he was a "nice glenteman" and create some of the weirdest people we now know from the ,that's not the point,i dont know how well to explain so i would say thanks for creating this character that was so close to Daria but at the same time so far from her,thanks for creating solutions and peace to some of the chaos the series have since it was an episodic cartoon series it never got the necesity to for making one of the best representation and touch of a queer character i have seen in a long for making a story that even without an idea of the original source could have been a grest story thank u.
Wolf-of-Fairy-Tail chapter 37 . 12/8/2017
Gonna take a page out of Daria's book and say what I think without giving a damn what others think about what I think. I noticed several times when You(the author) gave replies to what people said in the comments. Don't bother doing so with me. I was enjoying reading this story and just finished Ch 37 when I on whim I decided to check out the reviews... I cannot believe you made Sonny gay. That just fucking butchered the story and ruined everything I had read up to this point.
Wolf-of-Fairy-Tail chapter 17 . 12/7/2017
I laughed my head off at the to & fro between Sonny & Luhrmann.
Heretogetthestory chapter 67 . 1/8/2014
I loved this story! You did a wonderful job. The elements, tones and pace were very similar to the original authors. I was amazed by your forethought, adaptation and reasoning behind all the changes. You are very talented. I look forward to reading more of your work and wish you the best of luck.
BlazeStryker chapter 35 . 10/19/2013
The glass is full-of air and water.
BlazeStryker chapter 33 . 10/19/2013
"Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth, but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth.." Rush, performing *Subdivisions*
Radical Is A Way Of Life chapter 2 . 8/11/2013
I absolutely ADORE Daria and this is the best Daria fanfic ever!
917brat chapter 67 . 11/24/2012
I wish you had added more I liked this it was really brillint.
Shiva-J chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Loved reading this on the PPMB, and the variations here are fascinating, good work!
HecatonchiresLM chapter 67 . 6/29/2012
Great chapter (the last?) made better by a punny title :)
The Other J-D chapter 52 . 5/21/2012
darkwulfkid, thanks for the thoughts.

Making Sonny gay was not part of my original concept when I first started planning this out-in fact I thought about female characters he might get involved with. But I also had to think about the Triangle between Daria, Jane, and Tom because it's such an important part of the original show. I was trying to work out what to do about it, because I figured with a genderflipped protagonist it couldn't happen the same way, but once I had that thought it occurred to me that, after all, the genderflip didn't make the Triangle impossible, and then I went with that idea.

Once I thought of making Sonny gay I also had to think about how people might react to it, about who might react positively and who might react negatively. I have read other stories with a gay Daria (with no genderflip), some with an accepting family and some with family friction. Having Quinn be the loyal sister who is completely supportive of her sibling when there's something really important at stake was not the only reasonable way for the story to go, but I think there's plenty of canonical support from the original show for that possibility.
DeliverAntz chapter 52 . 5/18/2012
Surprise indeed! I think that's the first time i've seen a fic with a gender-bended Daria who is in a same sex relationship, especially with Tom.

Very well written, though it did confuse me how Quinn was instantly accepting of all this. I think because of her age and level of maturity, this would exacerbate the relationship problems between her and Sonny because he would most likely be a bigger outcast than before.

But I really liked the final scene with Jake, his semi-clueless acceptance of Sonny's sexuality and the revelation in the origins of Sonny's name. All in all, a fantastic reworking of "Dye, Dye My Darling", one of the most important episodes in the entire series. Keep up the excellent work!
Kairan1979 chapter 47 . 5/4/2012
JaneCam and Tom's little show must be double awkward for Sonny.
J.V. Hart chapter 46 . 5/1/2012
I sometimes wish I had rediscovered Daria sooner than maybe I could provide better insight. However your retelling is just as mesmerizing as the show was. It is helping me imagine what a different story it could be if Daria had been a boy instead. Great job and keep up the good work!
Kairan1979 chapter 46 . 5/1/2012
"And at the Museum of Medical Oddities, Jacob Morgendorffer, Senior, learned anew the meaning of fear."

Perfect ending of the chapter.

I also liked Sonny's remark to Andrew Landon and Michelle's reaction to it.