Reviews for Memento Mori
taydev chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
I really had to keep myself from crying. So heartbreaking yet beautiful.
Gh0st R1d3r chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
omg... that was so sad... i cant stop crying...
IshiIchiMari chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
I never read rated T stories. In fact, I have never searched up any story that is under rated M. I did not expect to be linked this fanfiction from a friend of mine, and when I had clicked up this link- I did not expect to read nor like it. However, that being said, I did read the authors note, as well as the 'mentions of character death'. Immediately, I did not want to read it because I knew it had to be Byakuya, considering I read the first sentence. I dislike fan fics with main character deaths, I can't stand it and the reason is, most likely because it upsets me or makes me feel uneasy. With all this knowledge, I do not know why, exactly; I continued on and read the entire thing, but I did.

Its wonderful, your writing. How you perceive Renji and how you put his thoughts and emotions into words. I was moved and touched more than I thought I would be, and this one shot leaves me wondering and wanting more. What happened to Byakuya, I wonder and things along those lines. If they will ever meet again, if they will find each other- and everything in between. I wished you wrote more, did a sequel even- or perhaps elaborated; but I know that if this was my work, and if I had written this- I would have left it as it is now. For it is perfect.

I haven't read a fanfiction in almost a year, perhaps a bit more or less. Bleach fanfiction, it has been even longer since I have read one of those and reading this reminds me of how and why I decided to join fanfiction in the first place. I look forward to reading more of your work, seeing as I glanced at your profile and took notice of other Byakuya/Renji fics. I can't believe that one simple story, has regained my interest on reading fics, let alone writing them. The motivation to continue writing the ByaRen fic I have that is almost done, is back - all thanks to you.

Keep up the good work, your effort should be rewarded.
Baby-Ayatane chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
My heart hurts. ;_;

This was a truly wonderful work. It was just the right amount of nastalgic, of sorrowful. It also elicits tears.

I'm not afraid to admit that this made me sniffle, because it deserved some sniffles. I realky felt for Renji reading this, and I missed Byakuya right along with him. As always, it was extremely well-written; The words flowed together and painted a picture in my head. While painful to view, I couldn't look away from it. Thanks for sharing. :)
Yoru no Tsuyu chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
It almost made me cry-I'm tearing now here, y'know, and the room is full with people and I cannot cry ;_;

This was beautiful, and it made me ache for Renji ;_; It would be nice to have a more extence fic as to how exactly Byakuya died, but I don't think my heart can handle it ;_;

Good job. -goes to her room to cry-
DulcetRipple chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
This made me cryyyy! gosh, you're an amazing writer :')
bavaria44 chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
As always your stories make me either cry or shiver - this one made be both, hell its the reason Ive joined this site. Its amazing how you can give your fanfics such a different storyline (as from the original anime) and still keep them (ByaRen and others)in character! Your writing art is stunning. But I have to ask, will there be - any time soon - more of the Dark Ichi Ulqui goodness?
mutanthat chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Your stories never fail to make me cry! Just recently, i've been obsessed with the ByaRen pair. I consider myself lucky to discover your works cause they're the best ever! I love your style in writing cause it really has an effect on the readers. It's almost like I can feel what you're feeling when you wrote each chapter. And the characters' as well. I've just finished scar tissue and chaos theory. :D DAMN, I love how you write all the Renji angst. I cried while reading the chapter of chaos theory when Byakuya almost died protecting Renji. So painful. REALLY, these two stories and all the others are superb. :))

This one made me cry AGAIN! As usual, it's so fucking great.

These lines: "I want to complain to you about paperwork and admire the way you fight with Senbonzakura. I want to see those damn awful drawings again, I want—I want to see you—" are just tear-jerkers! :) I love you. I hope you write more ByaRen in the future. Looking forward to the other ByaRen multichapter fic you're working on. :) I'm huge fan of yours. Thank you. :)
ichibanseiken chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Congratulations on starting a fandom-wide tear-fest! I've reviewed elsewhere, so I'll just add this: its noteworthy how many people proclaim they steer away from tragedy, yet felt compelled to read it anyway, and loved it, and had to reach for a box of tissues. That would include me.

In a way, the phenomenon is a hilarious counterpoint to the grieving Renji, you know. I mean, I am so done with crying, I am starting to find humor in all of us being so taken with the concept of Byakuya passing on and Renji being left behind to pick up the pieces. In theory, despite the presence of Ichigo, they might have been together for hundreds of years before it happened! You just can't tell with shinigami.

Thank you for sharing. I'll reread it sometime soon.
ILoveKuramaTooMuch chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Indeed this story is worth writing, despite the sadness looming from such lost. I would have said: may this never happen. But seeing as what you did with Renji-san's character development, it is such a remarkable job, this piece would put Byakuya's spirit at ease. Because those two really became so much more. The reference to Byakuya leaving his division to Renji is great, as is this journey we were able to take with him. And honestly I can say, that after taking this journey through their relationship with you, I know I would have spend many nights in the very similar manner, like Renji has done.
Kahewai chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
This is so beautiful. I usually steer clear of character death, but I am glad that I didn't this time. This is so well written, and it made me cry. I love how well you captured Renji's grief, and I love his reflections. I also like how you didn't really describe Byakuya's death. You said enough to get the point across, but you didn't overdo it. I like that.
sardonicis imperfecta chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
I'll preface this by saying that I've been avoiding 'angst' lately, as tragedy usually hits too close to real life for me to be able to appreciate such stories for what they're worth.

That said, you write so beautifully that it was worth the read, heart-rending as it is. Perfect length, despair precariously but surely balanced with a glimmer of hope. Beautiful. Thank you for posting this story.
tsukikasai chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Gaaah, excuse me while I cry my eyes out... ahpsasml;uhkjs *sobs*

This was beautifully written and so heart wrenching. I don't really know what to say, I'm a bit speechless ; I am curious as to how Bya died and the ending left me hopeful, I would love to see a follow on story as you mentioned in the A/N! *goes to find tissues*
ThisLittlePiggyStayedHome chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
aww. This made me turn into a sniveling pile of goo. *fetches some tissues and blows nose* So sweet and sad. *sniff*
matchynishi chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
I bawled. T_T byakuya dying is just a;sljflsj;aj and then RENJI. T_T oh god renji. T_T and just that one mention of rukia made me sob even more, and laskdjlfjlskdja excuse me, brb i need to find a tissue... or ten. T_T