Reviews for Snape's Solution
Alana chapter 1 . 7/2
Tara - Surely you're joking? Trolling to provoke a response? Well, consider me unable to resist the bait.

The lack of quotation marks is obviously a technique. It works because this piece of writing is mainly a monologue. You don't need to specify when there is speech because Snape is the only one talking. The author marks out the non-monologue sections consistently with square brackets, which shows a perfectly good grasp of perspective and structure. You might be thinking the "dialogue" is "choppy" because we are meant to infer other people's responses to Snape.

As for Snape being harsh - most of the reasonable fanfiction world would consider "harsh" in character for Severus Snape. Because, you know, J.K. Rowling wrote him that way.

In any case, thanks to the author for an awesome (and hilarious) piece of writing.
Alana chapter 1 . 7/1
"Tara chapter 1 . Jul 18, 2015
I really love Loten's story but this is...not off [sic] the same quality AT ALL. Use quotation marks to indicate vocabulary-it's a very basic structural part of writing. Also, Snape is WAY too harsh-you really see him that way? Because no one else in the world does! Your dialogue is choppy and really seems to go nowhere. Did you write this in 20 mins? ? Take some time to fix your story before posting next time and then you may get more readers and reviews."

The lack of quotation marks is obviously a technique. It works because this piece of writing is a monologue. You don't need to specify when there is speech because Snape is the only one talking. The author marks out the non-monologue sections consistently with square brackets, which shows a perfectly good grasp of perspective and structure. You might be thinking the "dialogue" is "choppy" because we are meant to infer other people's responses to Snape. I would actually be very impressed if the author managed to write this in 20 minutes.

The above is just objective rebuttal of your criticisms. Below is my two cents about fics, which is about as valid and useful as yours, I'm sure.

"Chasing the Sun" is undoubtedly an impressively long and well-written fic, but from what I've read, its Snape is often... a little too approachable... and sometimes saying cliche things that remind me of teenagers, for example. Sometimes he's possibly too much the tragic hero. He plays the piano in that fic - would you say that's in character? Now, this fic is a lot shorter and clearly meant to be humorous, so it's like comparing apples to oranges, but I'd say that I personally find the characterization of Snape in this fic more even and more charming than that in "Chasing the Sun".

perpetuity chapter 1 . 7/2

disillusionist9 chapter 1 . 8/17/2015
I think I've read Chasing the Sun four times now, it's one of my all time favorites. And this was absolutely a barrel of laughs, I loved it!
Tara chapter 1 . 7/18/2015
I really love Loten's story but this is...not off the same quality AT ALL. Use quotation marks to indicate vocabulary-it's a very basic structural part of writing. Also, Snape is WAY too harsh-you really see him that way? Because no one else in the world does! Your dialogue is choppy and really seems to go nowhere. Did you write this in 20 mins? ? Take some time to fix your story before posting next time and then you may get more readers and reviews.
creelluka chapter 1 . 7/3/2015
Hilarious, I'm reading Chasing the Sun alongside this
daisycb chapter 1 . 5/16/2015
This is hysterical. I so much needed this laugh. Most enjoyable.
The Half-Blood Princesss chapter 1 . 4/26/2015
You're fab, I love this
GuidingHand chapter 1 . 3/25/2015
Much chuckling. Thanks for writting!
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
That was good, and yea, having Snape do what he did was effective for sure!
CharmedArtist chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Great one-shot :D I really enjoyed this!
PhiGirl chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
While this might be less plausible than Loten's version it did make me grin. Especially the moral. Thanks for that )

I didn't read the original version, but I'm glad that you decided to put the part about Hermione back in. It's amusing and it doesn't distract at all.
darkdranzer chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
This is amusing especially the moral hahaha XD
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
Snape two-thirds of the way to Gary Stu-dom. Bit chatty for Snape, too.
JongKhan chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
This was utterly fantastic! It's SO sensible by comparison to all the folderol that JKR made Dumbledore do with Harry. And the whole idea of three kids being sent off to find horcruxes when they've got no idea of what they're looking for-bah! Love the humor and economy of this piece-excellent!