Reviews for The Gift
archival chapter 51 . 6/6/2014
I sought out a fanfic in the Valdemar universe as soothing diversion from everything else I'm doing, with enough emotional hook to take me to another land. However, I was unexpectedly touched by this story. It looks like one of the first things you've written, so I'll look forward to reading your later writing, as well.
TMI Fairy chapter 51 . 3/26/2013
Wonderful.
Borys
wendums chapter 51 . 7/1/2012
Wow. Epic story. You have left so many ideas for future stories in the 100 year lifespan from their marriage. You should get permission to publise as this is a beautifully written Masterpiece and I enjoyed every paragraph. Thankyou so much
wendums chapter 21 . 6/30/2012
Wow. another epic story. You are an amazing writer. I know you no longer write on here but I suggest you do contact Mercedes about publishing this fic. After reading your other I would willingly purchase any other similar publications. I am a 58yr old fan of valdemar and also Pern written by Mercedes writing partner Ann McCaffrey(RIP). I just took my sleep potion and will not be able to finish until tomorrow. As usual Thankyou for sharing
MCH chapter 51 . 1/26/2012
Thank you for this story. I loved it. I can't sleep much so I read this story.

Loved that you finished Kris story as well.
Twigon chapter 51 . 2/14/2011
You deserve to have your writing published. This is as good as anything Lackey has written.
Serinity Dawn chapter 51 . 1/16/2011
Very nice! You did an excellent job!
DragonDawn84 chapter 51 . 11/29/2010
Very, Very good story!
Tempest S chapter 50 . 4/17/2010
Chapter 49 does have one mistake in it that jumps out at me. "Sherri leaned back against Kris's broad chest and he wrapped his arms around her." While Quin does have a broad chest, he's back in his companion form and he can't wrap his arms around her so I assume you mean Kevyn.
Trinati chapter 51 . 1/28/2010
I have read this story many times and I love it more each time I read it. I have to say that I've always felt that this was your best work. Please let everyone in your yahoo group know when you publish a book. I will be one of the first to go out and buy a copy, I'll even get it in hardcover (which I never do)!
Untold Story chapter 51 . 1/11/2010
Ok, i just stayed up till almost 4 in the morning to finish this, on a school night too..for me, thats something :)

Words cannot express my admiration for this story, and the determination and true writing talent it took to begin and complete this story. let me just ask, is there EVER a chance of getting this in a book? if you ever need someone to back you up in writing to mercedes lackey to ask for permission, let me know.

Even if words can't express my absolute adoration for this story, just know that i was stunned at the depth to the story, and how deep the storyline was. To me, i was reading a book, which is saying something, because i read a ton of books, and rarely do stories on fanfic seem like a true book. Some could be, but don't seem to have the time or determination to finish their story, so, alas, the world is bereft of a few more Mercedes Lackey stories.

I'm SO adding this story to favorites, i just wish there was an elite section of favorites to section this one off from the others xD

well, as its late, and i think being tired is making me a bit "babbley" i will wish you good luck in all future writing endeavors, and i can't wait to read more of anything you write!
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 48 . 4/2/2009
Kris as a human? Huh? I seem to be confused...

Celebwen Telcontar chapter 42 . 4/1/2009
Uh-oh... Mommy. Not good.

Celebwen Telcontar chapter 39 . 4/1/2009
If current Herald-Mages are Chosen by past Herald-Mages, then why was Kerowyn Chosen by Herald-Mage Savil Ashkevron? And because Savil's Companion's name was Kellan, does that make Kerowyn a reincarnated Kellan?

Just wondering your take on all this!

Celebwen Telcontar chapter 19 . 4/1/2009