Reviews for Xmen Supreme: Ashes of Hope
xavier.fincher chapter 19 . 10/17/2013
For an arc called Partners in Madness there wasn't much madness which a thoroughly enjoyed personally. What I really liked was how you made Deadpool more of a complex character than just a Merc with a mouth. Seeing him be able to calm down a berserk Logan just with a joke was very cool as it showed that while Wade may annoy Logan, he and Wade were at one point were friends or even good friends. The debate was spectacular and very realistic. I'm definitely hyped to see your version of the Phoenix Saga.
xavier.fincher chapter 17 . 10/14/2013
There's always a certain clarity after such a tragedy and I feel everyone is experiencing it in their own ways and you depict that very well. I also could feel the weight that Professor X is feeling, he's feeling helpless and losing confidence but is trying to hold on to hope. This was an excellent issue.
xavier.fincher chapter 16 . 10/13/2013
Whoa...this was just heartbreaking on so many levels. Proteus killing himself then the thing that shocked me most was Professor X losing hope. When the guy who always says there's hope wants to give up there's no telling where it could go. Wonderful arc it felt like it could've been 3 parts but i'm not complaining in the slightest this was just an overhaul of emotion. Well done
xavier.fincher chapter 14 . 10/10/2013
Now this was some excellent storytelling. Having the two brothers on the opposites sides was on thing but then having both accept the situation with more violence was great. Also the whole dilemma of being a hero but having to succumb to politics is something that should be explored more in comic books because it does play a huge role. Also I liked that little reference to Moira MacTaggart.
xavier.fincher chapter 13 . 10/10/2013
the old switcharoo trick never fails does it. Very heart wrenching stuff with Storm and Mystique. I like that you showed Raven to be the good guy this time, a wonderful change of pace and showing how complex she is. And Shadow King was very good as well. Personally prohecy stories are kinda hit and miss to me but i like setup you have going and can't wait to see the Inner Circle. But one question on that: Is the Inner Circle the Hellfire Club with the different name or are they separate things in your universe because i know in television shows they would change the name.
xavier.fincher chapter 12 . 10/8/2013
This issue I really enjoyed just for the fact that it felt like everyone was getting a break to live life. Even with the guys going after Feral it just felt not as extreme which I like because we can't forget that they are only human and need time to just relax even if it means doing homework or something else so great job there. The media stuff was wonderful as well the questions were perfect even I was uncomfortable and I wasn't answering the questions lol. It will be interesting to see where the media coverage of them goes
xavier.fincher chapter 11 . 10/8/2013
Just when you think everything is going great for our heroes something always rears its ugly head lol. NIMROD is honestly the next logical step with Bastion out of commission. I liked how you portrayed District X as well I thought you were going to explore it more but I liked what we got. I gotta say I feel so bad for Scott, its like every issue so far has done something to him with his brothers and his relationship with Jean and I can already tell what those migraines are coming to we all do lol. But its great development for him nonetheless since he's such a shut in. Another great arc
xavier.fincher chapter 8 . 10/6/2013
This issue seems like a filler episode of a show but I do like it. I especially liked the introduction of so many mutants. After last issue gave us three human villains it is nice to see more mutants being shown besides our heroes. And as a personal plus u got Bishop who is one of my favorites and we finally meet the third Summers brother. District X seems like its gonna be very interesting to read
xavier.fincher chapter 7 . 10/5/2013
This is shaping up to be something big. We go Reverend William Stryker, Graydon Creed, and Bastion all in one issue that's awesome. I see you made Bastion human and not a robot which I like cuz humans are just as flawed as machines if not more so sometimes. I can't wait to see what you do with Graydon Creed because I've always saw him not as a mutant hater but as jealous because his parents were both mutants but he was born human. Wonderful set up issue
xavier.fincher chapter 6 . 10/5/2013
Very nice arc. As always Sinister is a giant prick, Vulcan is power hungry, and Madelyn is psychotic...what a wonderful family lol. It gives us many answers but leaves even more questions than before which I like. And I like how things from the second volume do still leave an impact like with Warren and his problems. The action was cool but I would've liked to see more personality from the Marauders. Not that there was none just not as much as I expected. One question though...Is there a reason why you introduced Gabriel before Alex or was it just an accident?
xavier.fincher chapter 3 . 10/3/2013
Whoa...just whoa. I obviously should've guessed the Shi'ar were going to eventually show up especially after last issue but it still caught me off guard. I personally don't know much about the Shi'ar but I know they are major players in the galactic empire so this will be very interesting down the line. Plus that last line was EPIC! we get to see Vulcan this is gonna be awesome can't wait to read the next issue. Also I do like what you're doing with Storm and Wolverine I've always liked those two together for some reason.
xavier.fincher chapter 2 . 10/2/2013
I really liked this chapter not just for the action but for the questions that were brought up to Senator Kelly. Showing just how flawed politics can be when people are only out for themselves and not the people, human and mutant alike. Making Random a human actor was damn ingenious a very nice twist. I also almost fell out my seat when you introduced Lilandra Neramani. Finally the Professor gets a love interest lol. I'm guessing she's more based on the Ultimate comics version as opposed to the regular comics version where she's an alien. Nice chapter.
xavier.fincher chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Well this was a status quo change if I ever seen one. Now the people just outright hate mutants instead of fearing them. I'm also glad to see a mention of Scott's brother Alex, even though they don't get along usually I like the dynamic between the two of them. Plus I might just be imagining this but it has seemed like for a while that Kitty has a thing for Bobby but maybe that's just me. Very nice beginning
RECKLESS SOLDIER-MS chapter 28 . 9/5/2013
Sorry this took me so long to review, I just spent a whole day catching up on everything that I missed. I had a feeling this would be the volume you would bring the Phoenix into and you didn't disappoint, giving some nods to the old comics like the Proteus event happening before hand, the involvement of the inner circle down to the climatic final confrontation outside of Jean's childhood home you also put in some originality as well and at the same time gave a sense of nostalgia ( or I at least felt nostalgic, I've got the volume of the Dark Phoenix Saga, classic storyline I reread more often than the current ones :).
Plus the twist with the fate of Senator Kelly's family, i cant wait to get started on reading your fourth volume, as well as seeing what you do with the seeds of all the other potential storylines and possible character introductions (one character in particular :) you've set up in the final chapter.
Plus I see you do have the Shiar empire in this story, I cant wait to see how you introduce Lilandra's brother if that's the route we're going. Are you likely going to introduce Corsair?
Great job as always, loving the unique twists you've put on the X-men universe whilst still remaining true to the characters and the overall moral issues highlighted in the comics, keep up the good work.
Captain Lycan chapter 28 . 7/16/2013
Freaking epic! The Phoenix Saga may be the magnum opus of this endevour so far. You really feel for your version of Jean in this, likewise for Emma, and Scott. Even the Phoenix which acts, however destructively, out of survival is not without sympathy.

In sharp contrast is the Inner Circle who are a cabal of amoral sociopaths coming across as some of the few truly evil characters in this story. Really excellent stuff their man, and that final battle against the Phoenix was powerful stuff.

Of course I have to mention the idea of being interrogated by both Emma Frost and Mystique would either be an unmitigated nightmare or someone's kinkiest fantasy come true depending on the circumstance. I'm guessing it's the former in the case of the Hellfire club guys.

I gotta say though really disappointed by Lorna's actions, she really has to have been bent to Magneto's twisted POV to have gone along with his plan like that.

Lastly I think Warren has made the right decision about being more active in his father's company. On a related subject this fic is also the first time I've seen an X-Men take a more pragmatic view of the mutant cure. Having a stockpile of that in the comics would have given a more humane solution to out of control omega level mutants like Proteus, Legion , and the Scarlet Witch.

Also wouldn't have shed a tear to seeing it used against Mags and few other villains, awesome job as always and peace out!
473 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »