Reviews for Knowing Tragedy
Toaofwriting chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
This was very well written. I really enjoyed this one. My first response was, Ouch. Keep on writing great stories!
Abused Wide Bellatris chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Oh my god. Gamma. I read this, and didn't even look at the author's name until I was finished. How is it that I keep coming across your stories, besides the fact that you have 345 of them as of this review? I go to the front page sometimes and see your name on there when I put leave all the search categories open sometimes. Anyway, this was good. OoTP!Harry was a whiny little bitch in the book, and in the movie that awful haircut made everything he said/did about a million times more annoying. The self-righteousness he projects onto Luna is very in-character, in my opinion.
North Star Puppet chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
This was really well written! Harry was a perfect jerk, and Luna was the perfect Luna! You wrote them both completely in character, and it's really good! I hope you could add just one chapter, with Harry learning about her loos of her mum, and her going like:

"See? We all carry tragedies. I don't think anyone can live without them."

Or something like that! Just... Please consider it!

Keep writing!

~Anthea Triton~
fjc chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
I love this fanfic! Will you make another chap?
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Wow. Really well done keeping both Harry and Luna very in character. I never would have thought that pulling off a really angry Harry would be easy but you've done it very well.

Luna's little comments were really lovely. They were the kind of comments that I could really imagine coming out of her mouth and that really made the fic for me. The prompt quote was simply perfect for her character. Good thinking!

Overall, I really enjoyed this. Thanks so much for sharing adn well done!
Thanatos Angelos Girl chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
The ones that look happy all the time have scars indeed...:( I thought it was very in charcter that she didn't snap back or tell him anything. All she did was keep her smile up. Yet that action to me speaks volumes on her sadness. I also thought you illustrated Harry's temper extremely well. Well done. :)
iDaringx3 chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
You portrayed Harry very well, like a foul tempered nasty git. Poor Luna, no one knows what she's going through, and she was only trying to help him. Great Work!
Caveat Lector 52 chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Harry was a bit of a jerk, but it's not too over the top, and very in character at this phase in his life. I liked Luna's bluntness, it made the last few lines even sadder.
Love From A Muggle chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
I usually don't review prompt of the day stories (even though I should) But I really liked this one. You wrote both characters in character so well that I could picture it happening as I was reading it. You wrote Harry just as JKR would, and you wrote Luna the same way. I really liked how you had Luna asking him why he was mad all the time. Good job!
Inkfire chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Wow, bitch!Harry all the way. I really wanted to hit him P I loved your Luna - she was so sweet and calm, and she just let him let his steam off on her… Harry was really unfair to her, so locked in his own troubles that he didn't pay attention to what she might have been going through at all. I really like what you did with this!
CutsAndStitches chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Harry, that's an awful thing to say!:/

But this is good anyway:) Going to my favourites:)
obsessivegirl73 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
I think it's pretty good overall, but I don't think Harry would have ever called Luna Loony, except maybe on the trainride and for about a week after it...Luna doesn't seem happy all the time to me either, just calm and prepared. Probably just Harry's thinking though. XP good job though! :D
dontyoucrynomore chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Oh, wow, Harry's being such a jerk! And so... /angsty/!

You captured him perfectly. XD

I must say, your Luna is quite believable as well. However, you know in the line "We all carry scars, you know," Luna said. "Inside and out. You're no different from the rest of us."? I'm thinking that you should add something like Luna looks down, or she looks away, or how she's talking.

Other than that, it was great!

LoopyandLovely chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Oh, how Harry annoyed me in his fifth year! You captured him perfectly, I want to slap him just as much here as I did in the book. You also have Luna down to a T, she is as wonderful as ever. Only Luna could resist telling Harry just how much tragedy she really knew, poor Luna.
Anya chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
I can understand Harry's stress and strain here. I'm really hoping you add another oneshot, perhaps Harry learning about everything Luna goes through what with her mum dying, her father and his paper being mocked, the students bullying her and stealing her things, among other things and thinking back to what he said to her just then. Lol, I kept imagining Ginny storming up to him and telling him off after hearing what he'd said through the grapevine. *sigh* oh Harry. Excellent story.