Reviews for Between You, Me, and the Stove
Hawkeye fan chapter 9 . 4/14/2017
I enjoyed the whole thing. It felt just like Mulcahy talking in the show. What I really loved though, was the last chapter with Hawkeye. Perfect. It seems far more likely than AFTERMASH. It fit with my head canon, anyway.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/22/2017
I loved this story and the ending was the best, it was sad but really really good
doctorjay chapter 2 . 11/21/2016
This is some of the best writing I have ever read on this site. I forgot that it was fanfiction. It was as if Father Mulcahey was actually writing this. Damn.
wolf of infinity chapter 9 . 8/8/2016
I honestly don't know where to begin with this. Perhaps you won't even see it, because it's been a few years since this story was written/posted here. But I still wanted to say something, just in case, because this story made a big impact on me. You managed, with your beautiful portrayal of these characters, to touch me. Much like the series did.

Father Mulcahy is one of my absolute favourite characters, always kind and humble to a fault. I think you really did him justice writing this, however painful it was at times to read about his awful self-esteem. The format of the chapters, having him write to his sister the sister (and the stove) was genius, and it really worked wonders for this story. I was able to read about these situations through his eyes, which was interesting because his eyes in this case aren't truthful. It gives the story great nuance to see the situations he feels are failures, and at the same time seeing so clearly that they really aren't failures at all. It's a tricky way to write, but you pulled it off brilliantly!

You had me hooked as I read about his feelings and thoughts, his doubts about the church and everything he was supposed to stand for. That part... I felt it with all my heart. Perhaps because I myself have thoughts like these, of course, no where near on the same scale as him. I really like the way you wrote about these topics, because it brings out Mulcahy's character, the war and hope all at once. There are so many wonderful people in the world, and statistically, not a whole lot of them are Christian or Catholic. I want to believe just as much as Mulcahy that a loving God would allow us all to find peace in the end. Sorry, that sounded cheesy.

My point is; I really liked this story. It's beautiful, well-witten, and it feels as real as the series did at times. I loved the confessions Mulcahy talked about, and I loved the last chapter most of all, when we were finally able to see someone who could see the Father for what he was truly worth. I'm so happy they were able to find consolation in one another, it gave the story a happy ending I was very much hoping for, and a happy ending the characters deserve.

Hope this review doesn't bore you to death, if you even read it. But I just wanted you to know how much I appreciated this story, and how much I enjoyed reading it. I hope you're still writing, because my goodness, you are good!

Take care,
Wolf
kayteau chapter 8 . 7/2/2016
I rarely post reviews but this story is amazing. Mulcahy has always been one of my favorite characters and you have illuminated him in a wonderful way. Thank you.
Tigrette-of-Fire chapter 9 . 7/9/2015
Good Lord, this fic is amazing. It left me an emotional wreck (in the best way!) the first time I read it, and never fails to do so each time I read it again. Your characterization and prose are fabulous. You managed to capture all of the ways that MASH makes my heart hurt with incredible authenticity.
Keep up the wonderful work
Bottle Imp chapter 9 . 11/17/2014
This was an amazing story, from beginning to end. You captured all the characters perfectly, and gave Francis Mulcahy the recognition he so richly deserves. You should be proud of this masterpiece.
foolondahill17 chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
I wanted to let you know that I added this story to my recently made community “Swamped: the best in MASH fan fiction”. If you have any objections, please PM me.
foolondahill17 chapter 8 . 3/16/2014
This chapter was very emotionally deep. You've captured Mulcahy's struggle and thought process impeccably.
foolondahill17 chapter 5 . 3/16/2014
I like this with Sidney. Very well done.
foolondahill17 chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
That was Radar spot-on. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am very happy this is only the first chapter...
BC chapter 9 . 4/16/2013
Great story. Wonderful characterisations. Thanks.
Brynn
TOSoldtimer chapter 9 . 8/11/2012
Usually, I only read Trek, but this story caught my attention. It brought tears toy agnostic eyes more than once. Wonderful characterizations. Kudos!
Guest chapter 9 . 7/11/2012
This was absolutely lovely. I was giggling helplessly in some places, and tearing up in others. Very well-done!

Funniefriend
Cerridwen7777 chapter 9 . 2/25/2012
This. Was. Amazing. Fantastic work. Seriously.