Reviews for Deserving
costley51 chapter 2 . 2/28/2012
Wow, that's an extreme answer. It's kind of how I feel, though I don't know that Neal would actually say that.

What decision do you picture the committee coming to after that statement? Yes commutation? No commutation? Some middle ground of parole under Peter's watch?

Also, just out of curiosity, what do you think will happen in the series? For the show's sake, that can't change the situation too much. Will Kramer try to get Caffrey sent back?
costley51 chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
One of the strengths of WC is their witty banter,and little comments like, "honest(well isn't that the word of the day)" work really well.
Twinchy chapter 2 . 2/27/2012
I would so LOVE to see Neal realizing just that because I'm actually convinced it's true to the letter!

And not only would the committee be surprised as hell but also Peter (and everyone else) for that matter. :-D

Very well done updated version, geek.
Duffy1 chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
This is very good. I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, besides the point the series would end if and when Neal gets out of the tracker according to Jeff Easton, I don't feel he's ready to be free. He's done things that were for the right reason, but the wrong way. He still needs to control his tendency to go forward with actions he knows are wrong but that turn out OK. He's been given a chance to correct that problem, but he hasn't succeeded yet.
caffrey girl chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Nicely written. Well done.
LianneZ4 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Good answer!

I was wondering the same thing myself - how the hell is Neal supposed to answer a question like this? Simple yes or no dont cut it, for the obvious reasons. And yet I think that was a damn good question and I don't blame the woman for asking it, because it is an excellent way to really find out who Neal is and where he stands.

By the way - next time, you might consider adding a remark before the actual story that this contains spoilers and maybe writing the summary a bit differently. I don't mind (I've been seeking out spoilers probably since the moment emotions from Countdown settled down a bit), but there are a few spoilerphobes there, and it's not necessary to antagonize them.

Good story :)
govgal chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Nicely put. I think you're right. Neal wouldn't have been able to see what good can be done if Peter had left him in prison.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Wow, that was amazingly well thought-out and really well-written (apart from a very few mistakes probably made in haste).

And yes, you are most definitely right there; the answer Neal offered to that beyond loaded question is nothing less than what I would expect him to say in response - and for all the reasons you mentioned him thinking about.

No surprise he needed some time alone to just sink to the ground and hope for the best.

I can't wait for the next ep to air! *chews her fingernails*
MsDubstep chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Great piece. :) I think he does deserve to be free.
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
I do think Neal has finally learned his lesson.

JeanneZ84