Reviews for The Right Road
Cody.Maxie.7 chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Great story, several lines seemed very creative and well placed. This ones going in my favs list.
mountainman91 chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Excellent! heartwarming and it feels very real. Thank you for sharing!
cairistiona7 chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
You've no idea how loudly I squee'd when I got the notice for this story. Darkover wrote "The Road" fic! I knew it would be good and you didn't disappoint. You've very eloquently caught the voice and demeanor of the Veteran... I love hearing his point of view about finding the Man and Boy. It feels very "right" and very consistent with both book and movie (and I totally agree-the movie followed the book so well. Most underrated Viggo performance ever, but I'll refrain from my usual rant about that... this is, after all, a review of YOUR story. *g*)

I loved the line, "I hope that isn't some kind of a judgment on the human race." It was one of those lines that I thought before I saw it, if that makes sense, which to me is the sign of a good writer. Not that it's a predictable line but that it's a well-placed line that resonates. One really does wonder if that's some sort of indication of the status of man, that he survived along with rats and cockroaches. The difference, of course, is that men "carry the fire".

First rate story, one to add to my favorites. Thanks for writing this!