Reviews for Notch
Zeki Young chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
I really enjoyed this! I like your take on Castle's number - quite conservative ;-)
belfastlemur chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
I loved this one!
preciousfiction chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Ah, yes, the issue of the number... I thought your spin on this was really interesting. A lot of people would assume Demming would be on that list but when you put that in, I thought, "Hmm... you know now that I think about it, I don't think they did." And yes, I've said something like this a thousand times but once again, awesome job.
Claire St. Marie chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
I think you did very well with the present tense but I found myself wanting to know the stories...
nightlight's fire chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Nice exploration of that. Well written, interesting. I like the choice to not make Demming one of hers.
ColieMacKenzie chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
This was great! I love the mood you've set, the two of them having a drink, casual yet not really, friends but just on that line of being more... Teasing and flirting in that way they do, but laced with more honesty and depth, in that cozy booth of a bar. I can so see Rick asking about the number again, and I've enjoyed how you've navigated through that conversation and the backstory you've created. The little touches here and there, the heightened flirting was a nice, sexy touch. :) Perfect final lines, having her see and accept the inevitability of 'them.'

I like your take on Demming; I could see that. It was only a few episodes that he was even around, so given the general timeline I find that very realistic for a relationship; it would also add a whole lot more weight to his asking her away for the weekend, and her decision to break it off.

Final thought, love the present tense! Worked very well.
Audreyj1 chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Hey, really enjoyed the story. Could see it happening. Looking forward to what happens next.
Scriptor of Lacuna chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
This is a very interesting interpretation of their respective 'numbers'. I don't know if I agree with it, but it is always intriguing to explore it how other people see/interpret Rick and Kate. It is a fun and fluffy fic :)

There are a few little things I noticed that, upon your permission, I will pm you.

Thank you for sharing your work.

Cheers,

Rini :D
MHoles chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
OMG you so have to write at least one more chapter to this please?
Topsy chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Looks like I’m playing catch up on your fics tonight. Going through my folder of saved chapter updates and finding quite a few from you! Yay! :)

"You didn't want to know then. You don't want to know now," she asserts, - Ooh, yay, the numbers game?

"His name was Anthony Kip, and no, no Demming." – Yay, no Demming! Although I kinda knew this already, or at least… believed it in my own head.

She forces her face to stay blank. The horrible part of her—the part that sometimes reminds her about the man she met four years ago—wants to grin; it's lower than she expected. The part of her that's fallen in love with this man, here, now, is almost disappointed. But she realizes that it's not the number, but the fact that no matter how many, there have been more than a few women before her. And for all the game she has, beneath it, she's astoundingly insecure about her ability to be enough for him. Though, with the look he's giving her, maybe that's not so unclear after all. – This is perfection.

"So, you may not be interested, but I am. With which one of these boyfriends did you learn so much about bondage?" – Hahahahha. So Castle.

She's never actually been a girl to mix business with pleasure, and being tied up hasn't ever been a turn on for her. No one, from one to seven had managed it, and five of them had never dared suggest more than the norm. But as she pulls up to his building and his fingers migrate from the cuffs to her thigh for the briefest of moments, she wonders if Rick Castle may be the first for many things, even if they are not the first to each other by any stretch of the imagination. – Love this!

She wonders if he'll be number eight. He turns at the doorway and gives her a goofy wave before disappearing inside. He'll be number eight. The bigger question is whether there will ever be anyone after him. – Awesome! Epic!
Kaz chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Loved this and I thought it worked really well! :o) love your writing. Thanks for posting :o) Kaz
keystothecastle chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
I enjoyed it! More please.
14ulysse chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
I'm procrastinating.

But this was really wonderful! It felt real too, in character for both of them!

Good job!

And I'm with you on the Demming thing, not sure why but I totally agree :-)

and I don't think she'll get to 9.
ZemerGuri chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
I just had to comment on the part where you bought up the hampton/Demming ordeal. i like the way you handled it. Most of fanfics always say the same thing when they bring up the hamptons and Gina but this was i think the best one by far. Loved it so much.
eesperas chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
15? Were u serious? Or just mistaken w/51?

I truly believe in Kate's #, but no way 4 Castle!lol

and Demming slip-100% agreed-never happened!

I still do agree w/Kate-better not to know...and be each others first one!

but u write always amazingly!it's just a fact!