Reviews for Devil Take the Hindmost
jackiemack916 chapter 4 . 9/18/2012
Wow, heartrending and incredible story. I truly look forward to more.
Puppets Blizzt chapter 4 . 1/29/2012
This. Is. Brilliant. I love your twists and your characterization is fantastic. You were right when you said your second twist is worse than Liz bailing on Jess. I nearly cried when I read the SECOND chapter. That's gotta be a record for me or something. Update soon!
Iscah McKrae chapter 4 . 1/23/2012
Okay...after all your marvelous reviews of "Ever-Fixed Mark" and the fact that it slowed you down in writing this...wonderful...story, and how incredibly eager I was to get to finally read this, I totally skip reviewing your first honest-to-goodness chapter. I flunk good fanficreaderliness 1.01.

This is incredible. It's amazing. How on earth you manage to take the characters we love so much and make them even better...I don't know. You've shifted everything...just enough. You brought it all into focus. It all fits. All of Lorelai's insecurities that were given glimpses of, but that she never addressed because she was too busy being Wonder Woman for her daughter...brought to the surface, out in the open, where she can deal with them and work through them. All of Rory's I'm-my-parents'-mistake, stuck-between-two-worlds, I-want-to-be-what-my-mom-wants-me-to-be-but-I'm-not-sure-what-*I*-want, why-didn't-my-parents-love-me-enough-to-make-sure-they-were-both-here-for-me...all of her little girl issues that were so painful and stunting for her, but which she buried so deep...again, brought to the surface. Luke's family-man persona...the stubbornly loyal-to-the-core, you-do-ANYTHING-for-family wonderfulness, gets its proper outlet in caring for Jess. It's complemented by Lorelai's wonderful motherness and ability to talk Luke out of killing his kid...'cause, in this reality, Lorelai *likes* him! (must admit, this is one of my favorite things) And Jess...our Jess...I love seeing him like he was meant to be. He's grown up with a solid foundation, the right kinds of encouragement, and unfailing (if surly) love. And, he's blossomed. Yes, he's still his snarky, sarcastic, prankster self - and that's great. He gets to be a kid, while he's still a kid. And, may I please say that both Jess' friendship with Lane, and Rory's friendship with Tristan are GENIUS-LEVEL AWESOME! I'm not Tristan's biggest fan...all right, not really a fan at all, but a childhood friendship with Rory is exactly what he needed to turn into a genuinely likable person. And Jess and Lane are perfect buddies. They mesh in all the best ways.

And, Lorelai's realization about "the mythical Lorelai Gilmore" was so heartbreaking and realistic. I think we've all had shattering moments like those when we feel a very precious dream die, and have to make peace with the fact that life may be beautiful, as different as it may turn out to be...but that dream...will always occupy a hollow place in our soul. The hollowness of the beauty that might have been. So wonderfully expressed.

I loved the glimpse inside Luke's head too. Wanting to be the one Lorelai turned to, even if he didn't know if he could support her the way she's supported him. Wanting their friendship to amount to more than serve-her-the-coffee, rant-to-her-when-Jess-was-driving-him-crazy interaction. HE wanted to be HER friend.
Jeremy Shane chapter 4 . 1/23/2012
Good Chapter & More Please
JJsMommy27 chapter 4 . 1/22/2012
loving this story can't wait for more and to see what happens when Rory comes to Starshollow so update soon and keep up the amazing job
yuiop chapter 4 . 1/22/2012
yuiop chapter 3 . 1/18/2012
yuiop chapter 2 . 1/18/2012
yuiop chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Hardys and Horcruxes chapter 3 . 1/14/2012
Jess/Lane adorableness! Lorelai/Jess maternalness! Luke/Lorelai wanting-to-get-nakedness?

So I feel like making wild predictions that will probably be far off from your vision, if you'll indulge me:

-Rory's appearance will shake up stuff between Jess and Lane. Either by him being attracted to her, or Lane insta-bonding with Rory.

-Rory's going to be a bit of a brat about living with her mother.

-Dean and Jess should become friends (no reason other than hilarity)

-Lots of Tristan maybe? Also Paris. I'll pay you in long-winded reviews and virtual hugs.

-Emily shall scheme.

-Jess shall be ridiculously attractive.

And that's about all I've got for now. Let me just say that I adore Jess with a much smaller chip on his shoulder. He's much more agreeable, it seems. Brilliant work.
Tabitha of MoonAurora chapter 3 . 1/13/2012
Great Story so far. Jess is quite true to character. So few people can actually write a "Jess" I can stand to read. I like the plot too, though I worry about how Rory will be after a decade with the elder Gilmores.

Tabitha of MoonAurora
Jeremy Shane chapter 3 . 1/12/2012
Good Chapter & More Please
JJsMommy27 chapter 3 . 1/11/2012
Can't wait to see what happens next and what Rory thinks about having to move to starshollow so update soon
Jarnac50 chapter 3 . 1/11/2012
OMG - would you just stop making me cry, that's getting kinda of annoying!

I can't wait to read more on Rory - I mean Lorelai the third - to see who she became because of Emily and how she's going to ajust to Stars Hollow. Base on the fact that she chose to go to Europe with her grandparents instead of going to SH with Lorelai for the last two summers, I don't think things are going to be easy for them.

And what's the deal with the Rachel thing that didn't follow the story. I suppose it's because of Jess, but I'm curious the know what and how things changes.

I especially like the ending, with the blushing and everything - makes me hope that you will hook them up earlier then on the show ...
MissAnnaThema chapter 3 . 1/11/2012
I was intrigued by the first two chapters, and now I'm hooked! Can't wait to see what happens when Rory moves to Stars Hollow!