Reviews for Taking Score
Higanbana - Red Spider Lily chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
This is really lovely. I mean it. In my mond, it's exactly what happened. Short, but totally spot-on.
Thank you for writing this, I truly enjoyed reading it.
AthanRG chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
This is so perfect. I can totally see it as a part of the episode - it's so powerful and emotive.
Infame chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Whoa. That was... heavy. In this really kind of beautiful way.

I absolutely loved this piece.

I really wish that it had been part of the show. I could see the whole thing play out in my head.

Thank you for posting. I am so glad to have found this story!
Saavikam69 chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Thoroughly enjoyed it.
calicakes chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Lovely, and terribly painful.
Francesca Wayland chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Ahhh, that was incredible. It was just what I wanted to read about from that episode, without ever realizing it. It was so perfectly in line with the tone of that episode and the characters. I especially loved your Sherlock and the way you wrote about how John perceived his voice, his expressions, his postures... just brilliant. And like another reviewer said, I've definitely now accepted this as my headcanon. Thank you so much for sharing! This is definitely one I'm going to read and reread.
encarna chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
well played; the sentences are short and sometimes they feel a bit brusque, but they fit very well, specially with how Sherlock is seeing the whole situation
keerawa chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
That was gorgeous and painful. Well done.
Emily Petit chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
This is truly amazing. You're a wonderful writer who took such care with the prose, dialogue, and characters. Such a lovely change for fanfiction. Keep writing!
LilMissAnglophile chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
This was really lovely. A great 'missing scene' that fits seemlessly with canon. You have not only captured the characters voices, but also their mannerisms such as the way Sherlock's eyes flit about the room rarely making contact with John. So well done. Thank you!
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
I think it's riskier to try to write actual canon than all the 1,000,001 AUs we usually see. You did an excellent job with this. It's totally believable.
Amalia Kensington chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
This is simply lovely. And SPOT. ON. I am fully going to accept this as canon now, kthxbai.

Thanks for sharing.

cheers.

-Lex
OwlheadAthena chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
... I really wanna rewatch that episode now. Gosh, this was great :D
Alipeeps chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Nice. Really nice. Very believable and you have the characterisation down pat.
charliebrown1234 chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
He sounds absolutely crushed. The episode was so messed up at the end because you know he has a heart but he never quite shows it. He hides it behind his deductions and the old "I was just playing along" and you wonder if he ever really had feelings for her. Which he did. Sort of. Anyway, great story. More like this please?

~charliebrown1234