Reviews for Breathless
I'm sure you have been busy but I hope you can find the time to finish this wonderful story, all say it again ITS AMAZING!
I am begging for the next chapter I am so hooked on this story I keep rereading it wanting it all to work out
Modest Guest chapter 10 . 10/17/2014
When you have to complain on every story a Scarlett/Duke shipper writes instead of skipping the story and/or finding something else to do...that should have been your first clue that you don't have much of a life.
Polite Guest chapter 10 . 10/16/2014
Actually, Guest, there are more than one continuity for GI Joe. In fact, there are many. There are a few where Duke and Scarlett are shipped together. Even the newer comic continuity has Duke and Scarlett with a romantic past. I don't think Duke's personality is changed at all in this story. I think it's been developed. Scarlett, Duke, and Snake Eyes are incredibly well written and developed in this story. Their characters have many layers and I think that regardless of the ship, each character is represented fairly. I understand that ships are very important to people. Everyone has their preferences. However, the ships are clearly labeled in the descriptions so there is no need to subject yourself to reading any stories that you will clearly not enjoy due to a shipping issue. That being said, simply stick to the fanfics you enjoy and stop being a curmudgeon. Leaving comments that are clearly meant to be insulting is childish to say the least. Leaving comments that aren't intended to give feedback on the actual writing style, plot, or character development but merely to complain about the ship is small-minded and a complete waste of time. Good humored writing is far too rare a commodity for anyone to be picayune about it. Regardless of your narrow-mindedness in shipping preference, this story is excellent and no amount of trolling will change that fact.
Guest chapter 10 . 10/15/2014
When you have to completely rewrite Duke's personality, attitude and history in order for him to be with Scarlett... that should have been your first clue as to why they simply don't work at being a couple.
imhooked chapter 10 . 10/1/2014
Hopefully the Joes will give you the next chapter soon!
rogue-scholar07 chapter 10 . 9/17/2014
I feel you on the 'I had an outline...now it's gone' front. Sometimes the characters we write can be very...emphatic about how they want to be written and what they want to do. But I'm glad that there's another chapter (or more?) to this story; it's phenomenal. You've done a wonderful job of keeping everyone in character.
Shana5 chapter 10 . 9/15/2014
Well worth the wait! VERY powerful chapter. Can't wait for the next! :)
bugsymutt chapter 10 . 9/14/2014
I was thrilled to get the story alert for this. I went back and read it from the beginning, and I liked it as much as I remembered. Two paws up for including Timber the way you do, although the part about his mom and siblings made me feel all gloomy. Still, I'm optimistic about the rest of the story and I hope you post the next chapter soon.
Honey chapter 10 . 9/14/2014
So sorry for Snake Eyes! Hard to see him in such a broken state. Even timber noticed that his master was often sad... Snake and Scarlett look so cute together. And he cares about her...How beautiful it is! Don't like Duke/Scarlett. But this fanfic is well worth a read for some moments with Snake and Scarlett! I love their relationship in this fanfic! I'd love to get things slowly start to move on to romance...an Update!
Guest chapter 10 . 9/11/2014
Oh my god cliff hanger, that's not nice, I love the chapter I hope the next ones up soon, thanks for the update I love this story :)
Clay7926 chapter 10 . 9/11/2014
This was an AMAZING chapter! From reading 9, I thought the story was going in a safe, pretty direction. Then BOOM!

You did a wonderful job of humanizing Duke in this this tale, and this chapter is no exception! I am eagerly looking forward to Chapter 11 and beyond!
makeup addict004 chapter 10 . 9/10/2014
Yippie! Awesome chapter! I love Timbers thoughts and action. I loved the birds chirping their distress of Scarlets actions. The confrontation between Hawk and Duke was wonderful. I loved hearing Duke defending his relationship with Scarlet and how she was not it his weakness. Please don't make us wait long for the next chapter! Post more soon, like next week? :)
str8jacket chapter 10 . 9/10/2014
I love this story! I was so excited when I got the update. Can't wait for chapter 11
Bronwynn chapter 10 . 9/9/2014
I'm very happy that chapter 10 isn't the final one for this story. I'm especially glad that this story has grown beyond the original one you imagined. Jarhead Chicken made me laugh. It's crazy, but I think it isn't beyond reason for those two Joes to act that way. They thrive on challenge and like to push themselves. I thought this was a fun way to include that fact into the story. I especially enjoy the perspectives we get from Timber. Hearing a bit about his origins and initial time with the Joes was so enjoyable. He adds a unique perspective to the story because his opinion is probably the least biased of any of the characters. Timber's perspective is innocent and straight forward. He describes his surroundings, the Joes, and their interactions with one another in a way that I truly enjoy reading. I also loved the little glimpse into Scarlett's childhood (and thanks for including Fiona).

The scene with Keith was amazing. That kid is the real deal-and he really rattled Duke. Hawk, being the intelligent and perceptive man that he is, pieced everything together nicely. The exchange between Hawk and Duke was amazing. With his emotions raw, Duke was honest and I know Hawk appreciated that. I thought the dialog in that scene, like all of your dialog, was fantastic.

This line:
"You want to know how long? Longer than you think. And did you know about it? No. Did any of them? Even he didn't know about it—not till after the fire. He asked, and I answered, and the answer hasn't changed just because you're the one asking now, sir. You think I'm weak right now, and you're probably right. I know why I feel weak, sir—the question is, do you?"
...was absolutely brilliant!

I look forward to chapter 11. Well done!