Reviews for Breathless
imhooked chapter 11 . 5/30
Loved it. Thanks for sharing
bugsymutt chapter 11 . 1/16
When I first found this site, this was one of the first stories I read/followed/favorited and it feels very satisfying to see a happy ending. I love how you stayed true to the cartoon, yet added in other details to make it your own. I do hope you write "a sequel of sorts," or more Joe stories in general, very soon.
I love your story and was happy for you and myself that you were able to finish it I have read and retread this story so many times and had gotten emotionally involved with it, it's a amazing story well thought out and many different emotions put in to it.
I have said it in many reviews you are a amazing writer I hope you find the time to write more, I will alway find the time to read them, and this one time and time again
ZafiraMente chapter 11 . 1/9
I was delighted when I got the alert there was a new chapter. Fitting conclusion, happy ending, lovely story overall. We are similar in so many ways that it's a little frightening to me - From Stephen King homages/references to Regina Spektor. Anyway, I hope to see more from you, and I thank you for a well-written story.
Elizabeth chapter 11 . 1/9
I'm so pleased to see this work completed so beautifully. I've had it on watch for years now. I've always been irritated to see that people would sometimes leave petty insults to you regarding the pairing in this fic and always worried that it would discourage you, but it never did, and I am so glad for that. Congratulations on a job very well done; you have a real gift.

Yo Joe~
YellowAngela chapter 11 . 1/9
Thank you for finishing. It is a very beautiful well written story.
Bronwynn chapter 11 . 1/9
I'm so proud of you for jumping back into this story and getting the ending done. I know you've been working at it on and off for some time. I think the timing of it was meant to be. You needed this time to get your thoughts in perspective and sort through all the ideas and scenarios you played around with these last couple of years. I thank you for all the drafts of scenes you treated me with and I think you have knocked it out of the park with this ending.

As far as the actual chapter, I love that you brought Keith into it a bit more. It was fascinating to learn a bit more about his history. Keith's ability is a double edged sword-a blessing and a curse. His flashback scene, his pain through Duke in the previous chapter, and especially his interaction with Scarlett clearly shows that. Keith's scene with Scarlett was awesome. She picked up on so much and that impressed him. In particular, the fact that he knew how to pronounce her real first name and that she knew he did not learn that from her chart really amused Keith, who isn't used to anyone being comfortable with his uncanny ability to know things about them.

The scene with Hawk and Duke was fantastic. Although Duke was confused at first, Hawk managed to get his point across. It seems that Hawk is able to speak in code as well as Duke and Scarlett are. And the fact that he purposely left the door ajar knowing the news would spread like wildfire throughout The Pit was fun.

One thing I love about your writing is the dialogue. The humor and the interaction between characters is so well written. They use jargon with one another and always have a tendency to make light of the dangerous job they all share because at the end of the day, they are all human beings after all and they are a family of sorts. They look out for one another, they have fun when they can, and they have each other's backs.

I really loved Snake's scene with Scarlett, who woke up to a very different world than the one she had known before she collapsed. I think they settled things as well as they could and I enjoyed watching them do so. Dukes scene with her was equally impressive. The challenge of them saying so much and conveying emotions without doing so directly isn't easy, but you pulled it off.

The epilogue was a surprise that I didn't know about, which made it even more fun. The "We need to talk" used again between Snake Eyes and Duke was genius. Only Snake Eyes would catch what eluded everyone else. And the fact that Jaye had finally punched that pompous jerk was just icing on the cake.

Your style of writing Breathless really mixed the fun of Sunbow with the danger and darkness of the comics. You included tidbits to appeal to fans any continuity and I love looking for great 80's references within the story. You don't feed plot points out in the dialogue. Instead, readers have to read between the lines because often times, it's what is not said that's most important. Many people try their hand at fan fiction but few can pull off an impressive story. Even fewer writers can create a story that I come back to again and again because I love it so much. Breathless is one of those stories. I've read it so many times and now I can read it in its entirety. Thank you for that! You should be very proud of this gem. Crack open a can of Yo Joe Cola and celebrate! You've earned it.
kehwie chapter 11 . 1/9
This has been such a fantastic read. I've loved every minute of it. And now that it's done, I'm going to go back and reread from the beginning.
EroSlackerMicha chapter 11 . 1/9
hoo-rah
glad to see this, keep up the good work on whatever you do next
turboowl chapter 11 . 1/9
Thank you so very much for sharing and finishing this story... I can not wait to see what you have in-store next for our Joes...Love you writing...Thank you again for sharing it with us
Guest chapter 10 . 12/24/2015
Please find time to update, I know it's hard but I love this story
Guest chapter 10 . 10/26/2015
I still retread this story over and over I hope you can find the time to update it I love it
Guest chapter 10 . 10/12/2015
Every now and then I think of this story and have to go check that it isn't gone and that one day, maybe, it will be finished. It's such a great story and it's clear you put a lot of work into it, and you deserve praise for that. Please don't feel disheartened by the nasty comments people sometimes leave, this is a great story and I'm really glad it exists.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/29/2015
I'm sure you have been busy but I hope you can find the time to finish this wonderful story, all say it again ITS AMAZING!
Guest chapter 10 . 1/22/2015
I am begging for the next chapter I am so hooked on this story I keep rereading it wanting it all to work out