Reviews for Broken Chains
fireball900 chapter 38 . 5/25
I like how you finished Voldemort off, it's sufficiently different from any others I can think of.
The climax seemed a bit rushed, but I can understand why.

Overall; I think this is your best story. Certainly something I'm going to be rereading.
10/10
fireball900 chapter 36 . 5/25
Harry's clearly learnt from Palpatine - he's doing his own 'Clone Wars.'

I found Voldemort's section funny - I could feel Voldemort's amusement at playing Hero.
fireball900 chapter 35 . 5/25
Magic makes False Flag operations ridiculously easy.
fireball900 chapter 34 . 5/25
"their resistance will last only until the actually meet him." - considering that Harry's a Sith (or as good as) that line has rather menacing undertones...
fireball900 chapter 33 . 5/25
I pity Tonks here, but I deplore her judgement as well. When ever you have to pick between someone who wants to Destroy the World (Voldemort) and one who wants to Conquer the World (Harry), you *always* pick the one who wants to conquer it.
The reason is simple. You can rebel if you're enslaved/conquered. Hard to do that if you're destroyed/killed.
fireball900 chapter 32 . 5/25
I like your escalation of the villain's power here. You did it logically (as much as magic is), and you introduced a taste of what Voldemort would be like with Bella here.
fireball900 chapter 23 . 5/25
Monty Python indeed...
fireball900 chapter 20 . 5/25
'Death got scared of you then spit you back out'
I have this picture of my mind of Death being the other end of the life/death divide, and each time Harry dies Death's crying out in terror "Take him back!" and pushing him back across.
fireball900 chapter 17 . 5/25
I'm not sure which part of this chapter was my favourite - the line Hermione shouted out of the store about trying to talk Harry down (I burst out laughing, I could picture the Auror's faces), or the Ministry badges... which had me giggling for ages as it's something I can see happening in canon; it's the sort of office humour you'd expect. Shack's badge was hilarious.
fireball900 chapter 15 . 5/25
If there's one characteristic of Harry Potter you've kept, it's that Death doesn't seem to *stick.*
fireball900 chapter 11 . 5/25
Every character is true to their canon self. 'Nice' Vader.
fireball900 chapter 9 . 5/25
Excellent Fall; too often a character (often Harry in HP-fanfic) is depicted falling far too easily.
I can detect Blank101's influence here.
fireball900 chapter 7 . 5/25
You're handling canon well throughout the story; Dumbledore's actions (and lack thereof) are seen sensibly by Amelia Bones here. I like her!
fireball900 chapter 6 . 5/24
It's rare to see a inner personality conflict handled so well. I like your Dumbledore, and how you've used Harry's guilt complex.
fireball900 chapter 3 . 5/24
I like how you handled why Hermione didn't choose Harry in Canon. Instead of ignoring it, you made a point to mention it, and the relationship, plot and characters benefit from that,
2,874 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »