Reviews for In War
time2read chapter 7 . 11/17/2013
Wow amazing story!
time2read chapter 4 . 11/17/2013
oh I love how obi wan disarms her! He is a true negotiator!
time2read chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
Amazing piece of work loved it!
MJLupin27 chapter 6 . 9/27/2013
Oh, I loved this chap. So sweet! Poor Obi-Wan, how could you not love him? Jajaja Anakin's prank was hilarious! XD
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 3 . 2/1/2013
I really like this Anakin! it doesn't SCREEM of Sideous is going to turn him to the dark side witch actually is a testament to how WELL Sideous does his manipulations but you still handled Anakin extremely well here, im really pleased!
to many make him AHH type like hes constantly on the line or something a0n0d sure hes sorta kinda but hes still a jedi who doesn't fall under the same beliefs as others.
I like that in this case he made sure not to make himself a hypocrite, that's a good sighn there, only its a small good sighn and a little good a lot of...

anyway I like this! you did well.
sterling5842 chapter 4 . 11/26/2012
"Ceremonial gundark dung?!" Oh my! Now, that's a story waiting to be told. Ew! I really liked the idea that Obi-Wan "collected" smells. Smells can evoke such visceral reactions and memories. And besides Obi-Wan likes to complain about inconsequential things and I could see him having a running harangue about bad smells. (He doesn't complain in earnest about real hardships though I don't think.)
***
" Even as his heart and soul chipped away piece by piece with every battle that he fought, he always maintained the cool, stoic fa├žade to the public. The Force wrapped the wounds of his heart in its soothing balm, drying the tears that he could never shed, smoothing away the scars into controlled strength and wisdom."

I love this! As well as the beautiful description of his meditation.
***
I like how you developed Lisboth's character-aching to lash out at injustice but finding herself lashing out at the only tangible and availabe target-Obi-Wan-even though she knows he's not actually to blame.
***
I loved Obi-Wan's honest appeal for understanding.
***
Is it wrong that I'm a little gleeful at the thought of a Jedi being made to do paperwork? Sure they can defeat the Sith, but how will they fare with a tangle of red tape?! ;)
***
This is really excellent! I'm glad I decided to click.
sterling5842 chapter 2 . 11/26/2012
I like your healer. His quiet courage to meet the challenges of knighthood and war prematurely thrust upon him is quite admirable. And speaking of courage-who wouldn't love someone who would sneak up and knock Anakin out? :D

The scene where Noki'ido was fleeing with Anakin in groggy pursuit and Obi-Wan blithely unconcerned made me laugh heartily! I loved it!

I'm glad Obi-Wan finally remembered his manners and was kind to the healer. He was a bit surly at first, no? ;) A noble healer was a perfect choice to play off Obi-Wan's personality.

Nice story so far. I was drawn to comment by that scene with Noki'ido sneaking away from Anakin. I can still see it running through my head-and I'm still amused. Thanks! :)
TJL chapter 7 . 6/8/2012
Think your writing has improved a lot since you starting writing again, friend. I like your original characters, especially Noki'ido. I love the way he talks.

"And as long as there is life left in this crude matter"

I see what you did there :)
ruth baulding chapter 7 . 6/6/2012
Nothing better than a little disoriented but lovably stubborn Obi-Van... you know just how to hook me in! Noki-ido, Noki'ido: I am weeping silent tears, on the inside, as befits a Jedi, becasue I Know What Happens Later. This is a lovely character you've created, and one able to withstand the Negotiator's wiles, to boot. Your portrayal of the grey-skinned exhaustion syeadily eating away at the healer (probably all the healers) is heart-wrenching: both likely, and tragic. In fact, the overall tone of weary, sorrowful yet still courageous struggle that pervades these chapters is very convincing.

And then whispers of another holocron out there...? The idea of linked holocrons is subtly creepy, much like To;kien's palantir stones.A nice way to lead into a new story.

I also appreciated the "rumors of peace" - oh, painful irony, let me choke upn thee - and the somewhat ambiguous aura of the Sentinel Shadows - ever fascinating.

But my favorite part, and I cannot rationally explain why, only admit that I had a physical pang at it, was Noki-ido's simple statement, "Peace, brother."

The Jedi /are/ brothers, and they /are/ doomed.

Drowning in angst with morning coffee, and thanks for sharing

And embarrassing me with that dedication.

r.b.
SerendipityAEY chapter 5 . 5/3/2012
Ff dot net mixed up my reviews: chp 6 - lovely and heartwarming, I love seeing Obi with the younglings. A bit angsty but interesting, the connection they shared. Fantastic original idea. Looking forward to more :)
SerendipityAEY chapter 6 . 5/3/2012
Very beautiful and emotional chapter on love, really enjoyed how the story of the two couples intersected. Especially during war time, I believe there were more than just a few Jedi to have a brush with some of those stronger feelings. Well done :)
SerendipityAEY chapter 4 . 5/3/2012
I really enjoyed all the subtle character details woven through this chapter - two very tired strangers forced to work together in trying circumstances, always interesting to read. Very nice :)
charie01 chapter 6 . 3/19/2012
It would be great if things turned out differently so he could be Obi-wans new padawan. Wanna write it? Pleeeeease:)) another wonderful chapter. Thank you.
charie01 chapter 4 . 3/19/2012
Awww. Obi-wan is my favorite and you write him so well. Fantastic chapter.

Thanks for writing:)
charie01 chapter 3 . 3/19/2012
Awww. That was great. So exciting and emotional. I really like Anakin here. It's a real talent to make him true to character AND likeable:) thanks for sharing your talent.