Reviews for The Heir to Panem
SlytherinFromTheSeam chapter 10 . 8/26
this was really beautiful!
Mollyzmom chapter 10 . 7/10
Completely Wonderful! One of the best AU stories I have ever read. Thank you.
safayi chapter 10 . 7/5
I was really looking forward to read a little of Katniss new life in the Capitol. Then I was hoping during the exchange that Katniss would willing follow Peeta back to Snow to keep him safe if the tide turned. And then i had hoped Katniss was pregnant after he disappear.

Oh well, still a great story.
DamphiricAngel2014 chapter 10 . 5/25
I want to read more, about their like postwar and raising the kids and all!
D4rkShadows55 chapter 10 . 2/10
I don't really read Team Peeta stuff, but this was really good and really well written. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Ro-Lee chapter 10 . 12/27/2015
Breathtakingly beautiful. Loved the way the characters were described and how they evolved in the story, especially as you used several "minor" ones. One of the best fan-fictions I ever had the pleasure of reading. Thank you very much. :)
tjbwaldring3 chapter 10 . 11/29/2015
What a great story! I enjoyed it from start to finish. Thank you for writing and sharing it.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/28/2015
Love this first chapter! I think my heart stopped at the reveal of Peeta being President Snow's son. Awesome.

A couple of typos you may or may not want to fix: "His eyes are me." & "black hunting books".
Guardian Luna chapter 10 . 10/28/2015
I'm sorry, I really disliked Katniss by the end of this story. It was the line that she would have told her friends to stop the rebels if she had known how wonderful it would be with Peeta in the Capitol that got me. That strikes me as incredibly selfish because she knows very well in person how difficult life is in the Districts yet she would still keep the status quo to make one person "happy" if not free, and eventually with him in power and herself living in every comfort. She's not doing a single thing to "rebuild Panem" herself like she said in the manifesto moment. At least she understands Peeta's mixed feelings about his father.

Overall I think it was a nice full-arc exploration of a creative what-if idea though. There were a lot of cute romantic moments and threads that pulled everything together. I'm glad I read it despite the frustration with the characters in the story that seem real to me! :P Nice work.
Guardian Luna chapter 9 . 10/28/2015
So Peeta is the hero, not Katniss, and again she takes care of her own before caring about the overall fight. It's nice to see her finish the thread you started with asking herself who she is, although I don't know how the rebuilding Panem thing is going to work with her. Peeta is definitely a mystery! I wonder if he was actually awake when she came by and heard Finnick and Katniss' conversation? Her last line to Finnick was so cruel and immature though...she knows he's Peeta's close friend.
Guardian Luna chapter 8 . 10/28/2015
Sigh. Katniss still sounds like a desperate little girl in the beginning of this chapter. Objectively speaking, I know that we're supposed to admire Katniss for loving her sister so much, but I honestly agree with Coin that she's potentially sacrificing thousands of others. Does Katniss think they don't love their families as much as she loves hers? A leader has to do things they don't want to do.

I'm very frustrated with both of our main characters in this chapter. Since when has anything Peeta's ever done to express his kindness ever not had negative consequences because of Snow? He certainly doesn't have the power to keep Katniss' family safe. Although he has not had an easy relationship with Snow, Katniss doesn't seem to understand that he might have complex feelings about Snow because he IS still his father after all.

Congrats on writing a story where I feel genuine emotion, even if it's anger over our dear clueless, irresponsible protagonists!
Guardian Luna chapter 7 . 10/28/2015
A little bit unrealistic sex, but some nice building of plot pieces for the upcoming rebellion. I find it funny that everyone thinks Katniss is such a leader; tbh I saw the movies not the books but she hasn't really done ANYTHING in this story to prove herself as the mockingjay or a hero.
Guardian Luna chapter 5 . 10/28/2015
Oh Peeta. So innocent. Yes, they hurt the Districts on purpose. Yes, your actions killed your former assistants. At least he gets the one thing he wants though. My cynical side is asking if realistically he might discover that he doesn't like her so much after several years pass and the first love fuzzies fade, but that's why this is a story and likely has a sooner ending though. And as far as husbands go, she could have had an emerald tycoon type and not one who likes dandelions, buys her nice bows, and is basically a puppy to her. Katniss, unfortunately, is a bit of an idiot about everything too.

Johanna is the best.
Guardian Luna chapter 4 . 10/28/2015
Peeta was allowed to make a cake? He has more freedom than I realized after all. Or else his watchers allow him to sneak away a lot...
Katniss' situation sometimes seems bad and sometimes not at all. She's got the one she's "destined for." It would be worse if she were pining for Gale.
Guardian Luna chapter 3 . 10/28/2015
Well, that was depressing. Snow elder ruins everything. Katniss really didn't handle things well with Gale, but I'm surprised she was so nice to Peeta last chapter after the level of fear before and the danger she KNEW all along he would put her family in. It sets things up for an easier resolution between them if she secretly liked him all along though.