Reviews for Her Black Shadow
griffindork93 chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
I think it was wonderful. If we ever got to see into Tybalt's head, this is what we would see.
PinkyShrill chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
This is... sad. :''' I'm faving this.

Great job!
BelleinWonderland chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
Really good! I always felt that Tybalt was in love with Juliet (in any version of r&j) and I like seeing people dive deeper into that possibility.
alicekinsno1 chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
I like this fic a lot. It's true that it's not completely accurate to Tybalt's backstory (he is indeed the son of Montague and so far as we can tell, he has no other immediate living family, as his mother is dead and left no other children). It also isn't completely accurate to his psychology, as he himself wants to kill Montague in revenge for abandoning his mother, but by and large you capture his relationship with Juliet very well. The writing's really good too; I couldn't see any major errors.
konan248 chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
I like this sport where tybalt juliet's black angel
BlueDove chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Ah, thank you! I just finished my rewatch and came back not expecting to find anything new, especially nothing new to my tastes, and here this is.

Tybalt's kind of not as developed on the show as he should be, but he's got an arc, it's just not fully explained, especially how he relates to Juliet. So I like this view he has of her, because it's one I've been toying with myself and it's the one I prefer. That he sort of relates to her only they're very different and had different lives, and sees her as purer than he, not belonging in the gritty world she's trying to live and fight in. Well I picture him sounding more of a cynical jerk about it because he does talk that way, like he looks down on Juliet for being innocent, but I hope that he wants to protect that too and keep her out the situations she obviously doesn't want to be put in. And in the finale he shows more respect, while still looking out for her.

One detail you got wrong, which is kind of important - his father's Montague, and part of his character arc is getting over his hatred of him. I don't know if he had siblings, though he probably would have mentioned them, but I don't remember that being part of his exposition about himself. Well, other than Romeo, I mean.

Anyway, thanks for writing about the relationship between these two! I love it.