Reviews for Last Child of Krypton: Redux
pEmKayS chapter 19 . 5/12
That was really good
mnitheta chapter 2 . 12/31/2022
“ He looked up, and he believed a man could fly.”

Love it
E chapter 11 . 7/2/2022
Okay, I'm on a reread of this story that I love, but I had to comment. 3 gigatons is so far removed from planet ending that it's laughable. The physical dimensions of a crater of a 20 gigaton blast would only be small island sized at most. The blastwave could significantly damaged infrastructure for hundreds of miles at most. The radiation will be immense and much long lasting harm will be done to the environment. It will not end the world. The blast that contributed to wiping out the dinasaurs was many, many orders of magnitude past giagtons, and much of the damage of that impact was not from the initial kinetic impact but from the massive ecological disturbances.

All in all, a multi gigaton explosion would devastate any state or local municipality/province. Small countries would likely be devestated also, but in the longer term rather than due to immediate damage. There is no way in hell that the blast cloud would reach the moon. The moon is really fucking far away.

I'm not trying to nitpick, but I just get really annoyed when people throw around prefixes without having any real understanding of the actual mechanics of the devastation they're imagining. Just don't mention a specific number.
snow in the darkness chapter 10 . 2/18/2021
imagine yourself seeing your food crawling with fleas can you still eat that?
GunMetalSnail429 chapter 18 . 11/28/2020
You published the last chapter of this story on my birthday in 2012. IF you had told me then that now, almost a decade later, I would still be reading this story I would not have believed you.

This story means more to me than I can put into words. It is beautiful, and heartbreaking and poignant and funny and everything else a good story should be.

I miss you, Chuckman. I hope you come back to us one day.
Brool Story Co chapter 19 . 6/1/2020
Man this was so damn good. Thank you!
T51b Moridin chapter 12 . 1/12/2020
Kill him. I'm sorry my boy, just because he hasn't done the fly into the sun bit yet for a power up doesn't mean you can actually kill superman. That's quite simply not possible.
T51b Moridin chapter 11 . 1/12/2020
And thus we find he is not that strong for a Superman is he. Not yet at least. Will he ever be? I guess that's the question. Perhaps the human dna holds him back, or perhaps it is the secret to adaptation and growing even further.
T51b Moridin chapter 10 . 1/12/2020
True enough. If Superman doesn't need to do it, why do it? Let others gain some repute for once, yes?
T51b Moridin chapter 9 . 1/12/2020
Gendo was always a creepy fk.
Ionliosite chapter 1 . 10/18/2019
The original one was better.
Kian Xki chapter 14 . 9/11/2019
i repeat, even with suñerpowers Shinji is useless (a worthless waste of space)
Kian Xki chapter 9 . 9/11/2019
then i remember that stories like this have some big twist to make sure that the hero fills his role, how hard it is to write when branching to unknow territories and that evangelion is the kind of world that tied hope's hands to the back of a car making him run till he fell and draged it throught the road, when evanglion finally stoped and hope belived that he would live, it was noticed that he was in a gas station and evangelion was refiling the tank

Anyways, still feels like squandering superman potential, reveal that shinji has no secret identity against anyone that matters, relationship is made but it will likely sink because of secrets

Still, show them the way was kind of cool

No idea why you added kriptonite when you already had giant robots and kriptonian clones

i have little doubt that you could pull it out but if gendo get's superpowers know that i will raise the pitch fork, mobs and torches in my heart
Kian Xki chapter 8 . 9/11/2019
i forget that i shouldn' t read this kind of fanficton, it is amazing but you keep it keeps high lighting Shinji's impotence despite of his unlimited power

It is seriously amazing story, great flow, dialogue, character developement, plot twist and all but i get irritable by how useless shinji is at solving problems or changing the plot, the fact that Gendo was unharmed, untouched and not even scared shows that the story will follow the rails of the original despite of how little sence it makes

Gah!

But once again, the only problem is how frustrating it is to see such useless overpowered protagonist

Oh! Before i forget, you did great with the whole i belive that there is good in you moment...

...even if you ruined it when shinji did nothing to his father who has nothing good in him
Divine above question chapter 1 . 1/10/2019
This, this story, I keep coming back, and I just can't stop, this is the perfect story for me, too perfect, so perfect that I agonize over the fact that nothing else out there comes close to It's level, and that I can't recapture the joy I first felt when reading it. Surprisingly I didn't enjoy the sequal nearly as much, mostly because it got too far from what I was interested in at the time. Maybe I'll read again.