Reviews for Last Child of Krypton: Redux
nah nah nah...
to many chapters with gendo not getting killed so i stopped reading.
This has surely become one of my favorites, I love Superman year one, this really reminded me of that feel and I love evangelion. This story world them together beautifully. Can't wait to start readireading the sequel.
Mister Radical chapter 19 . 1/11
Very nice work. I read your original version (for completion) and I very much enjoyed the characterization of Asuka and Shinji (both as individuals and as a couple) much more in this version. It definitely felt more true to how they are meant to be portrayed (save for the obvious changes that had to be done).

But why was Asuka still piloting Unit 01 in the end if she was technically part-Kryptonian?

Regardless, it was a spectacular read. Very enjoyable work.
WellWhatDoYouKnow chapter 1 . 11/15/2016
Naoko being in Unit-00 is off putting (Rei 1 makes a lot more sense) but I loved pretty much everything else about this chapter.
T51b Moridin chapter 8 . 11/8/2016
Gendo thinks he is good stuff. Even when his wife was alive he was cheating on her with Ritsuko's mother. And now he's screwing and beating on the daughter, and still horndogging for the Rei and probably screwing and beating the clones. Disgusting. I'm honestly looking forward to when he is destroyed. Though the hybrid project will likely cause issues with that.
T51b Moridin chapter 7 . 11/8/2016
Amusing. So Asuka then. Misato went in for the kiss. Shame Shinji is too knuckleheaded to realize she wants in too.
That was seriously nicely written. The battles scenes were straight from the show but the characters and their behaviors are being kept well in line along with the change of behavior that is necessitated by one having something to be confident about.
T51b Moridin chapter 6 . 11/8/2016
Ah so the whole mother thing will prevent shinji from being able to fall for rei at all this time. Well that's interesting. I'm really enjoying it. His behavioral patterns in one outfit are so different from in the other that no one connects the dots. Just like the real one.
T51b Moridin chapter 5 . 11/8/2016
What a great chapter. I hate it but I'm not surprised at Gendo wanting all the power he can get. Him and the committee and their hybrid shit. Going to cause immense issues. Don't the rich and powerful always do. Lex Luthor heh. Though I'm annoyed Shinji went to open the Eva when he should have seen the thing wasn't even really damaged just out of power. Where is that super intellect all the uber powered kryptonians have. Tsk tsk. And of course the classic clark kent I'm actually superman and went to germany yadda yadda bit at the end haha.
T51b Moridin chapter 4 . 11/8/2016
Heh. Bringing in the angel kid. I bet this time he will become good friends with Shinji. Or at least I hope so. Gotta start the justice league somehow.
T51b Moridin chapter 3 . 11/7/2016
SUPA MAN! I think my favorite thing in this story is how deep you go into the sheer sensory power and feeling of being superman's equivalent here is. The things he hears and sees, the lightshows the world around him presents. The feeling of the sun literally giving you power with its every pulsation of radiation. Its interesting.
T51b Moridin chapter 2 . 11/7/2016
That was a magnificent read. So much character. Even Gendo is surprised at the character. I think the one thing that would help here is if Shinji finally just studied out of highschool, did his college stuff right quick and starting helping out around nerve. Finds the secrets, learns they euthanized Rei and that she has a bazillion clones. What he does next? Well that would be interesting.
T51b Moridin chapter 1 . 11/7/2016
Very well written. Very much a character driven development with merely the touch of Krypton to change things that much more. Truly entertaining. And the fact it was Kal-El superman himself who sent it, plus again that the angels were the beings that wiped out Krypton this time as well. There are so many ways Krypton has been wiped out and that was honestly an interesting one.
shugokage chapter 19 . 10/31/2016
Great job on this impressive story and plot!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/13/2016
ugh. okay, I can buy more chromosomes- the number varies wildly even in earth species. But a TRIPLE helix DNA molecule? That isn't even DNA anymore, no more than a water molecule can have six atoms and still be water.

This sort of thing is why you keep your pseudoscience VAGUE, with few details... your audience isn't nearly as ignorant as you'd hope, and always knows just the wrong stuff to destroy suspension of disbelief.