Reviews for Did You Know?
RoughIslandSunrise chapter 9 . 9/8/2014
Wow can't wait for the next chapter
Cassandra30 chapter 3 . 9/7/2014
Superb beginning!
Stasia Ravenclaw chapter 9 . 9/4/2014
when you posting chpt 10
Wind-and-Wings chapter 9 . 8/10/2014
\/ p.s. Just looked at your profile, that's not just rough that's people being petty and vindictive. And I am far to acquainted with depression; hang on, things can get better. Have faith in yourself and focus on being a good parent. And good luck.
Wind-and-Wings chapter 9 . 8/10/2014
Well, I have no idea if you are still paying attention to this fic, and I gave it a little time since my initial read through to be as fair as possible, but I do have a critique for you.

Firstly, the compliments. The ideas behind this fic, taking known people and their actions and adjusting the hidden motives and events behind the story, made a very fascinating study in personality and motives and the manipulation of artifacts and people. The setting, a court of peers of the realm, also makes this an interesting court drama and to see these Lords in their element gives us an opportunity to see them at their best and worst. Always interesting to see these normally antagonistic characters as, if not protagonists, at least as close knit supporting cast.

Secondly, the problems. And there's a few big ones, please hold on to the end. Too much is being presented by the narrator that needs to be communicated between the characters, specifically the 'mate bond' of the Zabini family, things that can be intimated and danced around by people getting to know each other and their perspectives. The playful banter has been fun but it has devolved into things of less substance at times when important communication needed to be the focus.

Next is a matter of magic. No matter the depth of the new bond, something that is supposed to be benign or beneficent in no way should be able to make the inherent magic of a being unavailable to them. Which is only one problem that I have with that particular scene/situation.

Which leads to the next issue; we are not creatures of instinct even when we incorporate aspects of creatures into our characters backgrounds/species. We are thinking, reasoning beings who live in a world where 'instincts' get us killed. Bright colors and sudden movement draw the eye, but we filter out the digital billboard and pay attention to the more pertinent traffic lights and moving vehicles. Where sudden noise is attention grabbing, in a building humming with machines and people we filter for specific noises, particular voices if we are to do our jobs learning to ignore even loud noises that are repetitive or explained as harmless. Those who by nature or training are cautious or manipulative, the burned and the politician, are going to take care in treading new waters with new acquaintances... not jump into bed. Each of your main characters fall into one of those categories which makes the reversal of these characteristics a betrayal of the characters.

So, Kudos for the compelling premise, the interesting characters and the execution of the plot twists, but thumbs down on the inconsistency of actions and magic and the failure of the narrator.
Immortalbeloved chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
I find your writing amazing. I read your authors note on your page and I wanted to let you know that I find your strength amazing as well. I also have had a great deal of illness and strife in the past year and my writing has suffered as well...but like you, I have made my pledge to finish everything I have started.

I have decided to reread all of your work including some I missed the first time like this one. All the best, and if you would ever like any beta help, I can be reached at
Momonster chapter 9 . 8/2/2014
And again another of your stories has gripped me hard and I'm bouncing in my seat wondering what are you gonna do next!? Sybill is related to Harry? Is there something in the Chaparral bloodline? With her calling him Harrison I'm guessing she knew about him and their relationship? And Tom Riddle has a portrait, does that mean he's dead and whatever happened to him when he was alive isn't reflected in the portrait? Does Ariana have a portrait? I- gah. What are you planning with the bond between the couples?! *puppy dog eyes*
Youko's Befuddled Fox chapter 9 . 7/24/2014
Another turn to the plot!
David-El chapter 4 . 7/22/2014
Okay, I can see the similarities between what you wrote here, BUT Jessikka did NOT copy the scene. Sure, there are similarities, BUT you don't have Albus' goat form having the glasses marking, and the lemon drop is in different places. Also, Harry's reaction is different, you don't explain HOW Harry found the information, or even confirm that he found it in the Daily Prophet. So yes, the two are similar, BUT different enough that you can't claim credit.
Tinkerbell2586 chapter 9 . 7/3/2014
Can't wait to read more of this story!
Blake Riddle chapter 3 . 6/16/2014
I have one problem, just with you spell work. A Stunner knocks someone out cold, I think the spell your looking for is Petrifucalus Totalus, or something along those lines, it's a spell that freezes someone where they stand.
sea-kingdom chapter 6 . 6/5/2014
did i mention your sex scenes are the absolute best?
they are fantastic - not crude at all, but not too flowery either
it's just a perfect mixture, the ideal inbetween that no one seems to fully reach
i re-read your stories at least 4 times each just for those snippets of passion, full of love and lust
it's phenomenal
Xiard Vron chapter 2 . 5/28/2014
Wow. This is really good for a first story. And slash! Even if it is going to be in the background.
529 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »