Reviews for Of Walls and Scars
Dudewheresmywand chapter 23 . 7/18
Thank you thank you thank you! I'm obviously getting to the Merlin fandom a wee bit late. But when i binged watched the series i fell completely and madly in love. AND THEN THE FINALE. I'm still not recovered, but fanfiction like this helps! So, I know you wrote this years ago but I'm so glad i found it. Cheers!
UltimateNinjaOfDoom chapter 23 . 7/17
awwww that was so cute. I loved the ending :)
Wicked Eyes chapter 23 . 7/13
I just binged read your story (is that a thing?) and I'm actually crying. This was one of the best fan fictions for Merlin I have ever read. I wish found this sooner! Thank you so much for this excellent series.
Loved this series! :)))))))
Thanks good series. Wish there was more !
ImperfectIsPerfect chapter 23 . 5/30
One of the best series in this fandom, honestly. It had everything it needed, feels, suspense, action, friendship, and it was overall wonderfully written, and I enjoyed it a lot. Finally, well done for the short but nice and hopeful way you decided to end it.
Justagenericusername chapter 23 . 5/26
Just finished the whole series and wanted to say that I loved it and wish I had found it sooner! Great story and great writing, thank you :D
Thank you so much for finishing all three in this series! I read thwm all straight through, and thoroughly enjoyed them. I really like how you didn't go overboard on the angst. It was there- it needed to be- but it wasn't overwelming. Just right. Also, Arthur knowing for so long was very funny. I really loved Anye as a character too! Thanks again for all your hard work!
Emrys Waits chapter 23 . 5/13
*sobs* Merlin's beard, this series is just pure amazing. I've been shooting through Arthur's Silent Guardian and On Shaky Ground, and I've finished Of Walls and Scars. What a stunning trilogy, beautiful. It was a great combination of humour, friendship, adventure, and even the equal measure of whump for my own guilty pleasure. ;) it ended beautifully, though I feel empty and sad to know this story comes to an end. A truly remarkable story, my friend. This story will linger in my mind for quite a while. Unforgettable.
MusicalMythology chapter 23 . 5/13
Okay, so this series was amazing. I just finished reading the trilogy, and I loved every moment of it. You're an incredible writer and I thank you for taking the time to write these stories.
Gallagher Girl chapter 9 . 5/5
Hello! So, I've read this series of yours a few times (it's absolutely brilliant! I love it!) and I just have one question- how do you pronounce "Anye"? Anne-yah? On-ya? On-yeh? Sorry, I know this is a weird question... :)
Sophie chapter 23 . 5/2
This series is by far the best merlin fanfic story out there! x
penname915 chapter 23 . 3/24
Wow, wonderful series. No obvious plot holes, wonderful characterization, great action scenes but also good dialogue, great friendships but realistic trust issues and character faults... I could go on. You really kept us at the edge of our seats, with the enemies being so powerful and outnumbering Merlin and the others. I loved the, "turning on one another..." I also thought it touching that Kallen was ready to sacrifice an opportunity for revenge, if he could protect Anya (I think her name was). Also, this story reminds us that prejudice can be overcome when we get to know the people we used to assume all manner of things about. Become friends and caring about people allows you to overlook some of their faults and notice a lot of good you did not, previously.

This was a moving story in many ways. There is self-sacrificing love, loyalty, revenge, hatred... There is the helplessness of not forcing change, though it is a good change and is just- by killing. The question of: should one kill to try and end injustice? is asked. Is it preferable for people to do all they can, peacefully? This story had the tragedy of people with the same goal: saving innocent magic users from persecution and death, but fighting one another, killing one another. Lastly, this story dealt with a major theme used in todays movies and stories: revenge. Those wanting justice and more particularly revenge (which I would not define as the same thing)- ignore evidence which would encourage to hold back. They even ignore the "greater good" and decide that innocent sacrifices are acceptable- to get that revenge. Yet others can put the need for vengeance aside when they have hope for change. Others give forgiveness a chance.

Thank you so much for sharing this!
Daniella
catchme21 chapter 23 . 3/15
Stories like this are why I love fanfic. Through all three parts I laughed, I cheered, I gasped, I loved it! The characters were great, and it was nice to see Arthur given half a chance to not be a blissfully ignorant fool lol. Thanks for sharing!
Aviendhaphiragon chapter 23 . 3/10
Wow. I found #2 in a community. It looked good, but I saw it was a sequel so I read #1 first, then 2, then looked for three. This was very well done. I really liked it. A lot.

What else can I say?