Reviews for Modern Day I & II
Filia-san1 chapter 59 . 10/17/2015
You wrote this 2 years ago... and I was so busy taking care of my second child (a girl... very much like Naga :S) that I just read it today. I hope you can keep writing because I can not find any good Slayers fanfiction anymore :(. You are awesome :) keep writing, even if it is not in this fandom :D
Ametsuyu Metallium chapter 59 . 9/25/2015
I began reading this a few days ago, and barely put down my phone or tablet unless I absolutely had to. I am dieing to know how this ends, it was an amazing 59 chapters. I have been wanting to write a modern day Slayers fic for a while now, and this was great inspiration. I was curious how it would even work and you gave me a great look into how the world would be. I can't and wont be writing anything like this for awhile, as I have another fic that will be in progress for quite a while on tumblr. I'm looking forward to reading more of your writing. I hope you haven't given up on this story. :)
happy-sagara chapter 59 . 8/15/2015
Hi Ukky! I hope that you're doing great

I really enjoy the story! I have even favorited like 10 chapters that I can read over and over again, because I love them so much XD Your romance style is touching, sincere and awesome thank you so much for writing this fic and sharing your own version of this amazing couple! I'm thrilled to read how Filia and Xellos will finally come together and admit their feelings to each other :D

I think you have great writing skills and love the plot so far. I'll look forward for the next chapter because I'm sure it'll come ;) Your fic is totally worth finishing it, no matter how long it takes

I wish you all the best :D

Hugs!

Happy Sagara
SissyPerigrin chapter 59 . 12/1/2014
Wo wo wo! WTH! That was so short! Where is the depth man!
SissyPerigrin chapter 53 . 12/1/2014
Just a quick snippit for chapter 51, being a christian I have to say I struggled with this chapter...especially the angel of death kissing the angel of mercy...that made me feel icky and sick but after struggling to push my own belief's aside and looked at this for what it is, 'a story' I was able to see how adorable the situation was...if not completely creepy. I praise your creativity and look forward to future chapters.
CEP chapter 2 . 10/29/2014
Things that I love in this chapter. Filia is dancing to 80's pop. I imagine she has a Jackson playing in this scene but I don't know which one. I like the little details you give her kitchen. That she's got a formic kitchen counter, that there's a window right over her sink. It makes the place seem more real and it's also realistic considering that's how a lot of kitchens are laid out: the sink is by a window.

The line, "Sorry I'm late, sweetheart, I had a meeting with the other state reps" is really clever. It concisely tells us where Xellos' and Filia's relationship is (specifically, that he's comfortable joking around with her about them as a domestic couple) and what Xellos' cover in the human world is. He's a politician, just as Lian suggested all those years ago.

I also like how you're portraying the dogma and prejudice that still exist between them. When Xellos takes Filia's hand, trying to convince her to come with him she thinks a nice thought 'about him being warm and vibrant' and then, immediately, 'it's hard to believe he lives for destruction'. 700 years and the rampant paranoia of these slow to change immortals hasn't changed much on the surface. It's only in little tidbits, like when Filia says she has to use Xellos as a sounding board, but we see that they really have become -friends- not just frenemies; they just don't know it yet.

I like the bright words you pick for colors. Orchid for Xellos' eyes, aqua-marine for Val's hair. The show was bright and colorful and these descriptions capture it.

And I like your humor, too. Xellos' line of 'for a boy of your intellect, this should be a piece of cake' is a -perfect- set up for what the audience probably has either forgotten or is wondering about right now. I love the 'Oh NO! My CAKE!' really captured the cadence of Filia's voice, I can -hear- it when you write and that's pretty cool.

I -really- like how Valgaav is ahead of both of them. It makes sense in more ways than one. He's going to college, constantly learning. He's younger and more easily assimilates different information. He's an Ancient Dragon and something that neither of them are. But more than that is the prescient understanding he has of the monster race. 'a collapsed sun and its decimated satellites'. He's got the Mazouku's game figured out further than most of the monsters have.

I really like that phrasing, too. 'Collapsed sun and its decimated satellites'. Just gives me chills and a really good mental image, too. Nice work.

Looking forward to reviewing next chapter.
CEP chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
Coming back to this after not having read it for a while it really impresses me on several points. This prologue is a very strong beginning. It's not overly long but you manage to convey exactly the tone and direction this story is going to go. Lina's death is the passing of an era, a milestone that Xellos and Filia are both going to be haunted by for a long, long time and how her passing may eventually draw them closer together.

I liked how you chose for her to have a natural death, one by old age, and to have her surrounded by friends and family. I don't know whether it was intentional or not but you gave us a pretty in-depth view of Lina and Goury's 'happily ever after'. Slayers was always a parody of fairy tails and myths, a mild subversion of the tropes that have become common in our epic tales. And I can see that in your prologue here because even though Lina and Goury -did- live happily ever after, there was still sadness at the end and things weren't -perfect- but overall, they did well. That's how life is and I think that's something that Slayers did very well in subtly putting across. Life is a mix of good and bad and we get to see that Lina and Goury made the most of the time they had together. It's a very poignant and realistic way for her life to end but without taking away any of the character's dignity or any of her happiness. We can be sad that Lina is gone but she, at least, realizes that it's just time and that she's had a rich, full life.

I think you did well in keeping with the more mature tone of the 3rd season. Setting it in the winter is a nice touch. Again, whether you meant it or not, snow featured heavily in the 3rd season, far more than in seasons 1 or 2. I think it may be just a similar stylistic choice, which just shows how you're in sync with the core of the story. Snow can be a very stark, lonely weather phenomenon and having Filia walking through it to get to Lina sets the tone for the very stark reality that the star of the show that this story is based off of is -dying-. Later it matches Filia's loneliness as she tries to come to grips with Lina's death.

This is also a great showcase for the growth that Xellos and Filia are going to have to go through in order to even become friends. Even now, decades after the series, both of them are having trouble changing what they perceive as the cores of their beings. To each other and to themselves they're a 'dragon' and a 'demon' and not much has changed for them to see each other as 'just people'. This is a subtle but solid explanation for setting the story hundreds of years later. They just don't work as the sort of people that can really become close to each other . . . -yet-. And I think that's what a prologue is really supposed to do, give you and idea of what's coming and what's to look forward to, while at the same time acknowledging that things are changing from what the reader might've expected or to showcase something that's important (Lina's death) but isn't necessarily directly related to the story you're going to be telling.

All in all it's focused, powerful and vividly described with attention given to things we know or assumed (Xellos' and Fillia's beliefs towards each other, Lina and Goury ending up married) but also some good focus on things that we -wouldn't- have expected, such as Amelia turning cold and distant or Xellos, of all people, turning vulnerable. And, like all good prologues, they're things that will tie into the greater story, adding depth and a sense of completion.

CEP
Korena-Li chapter 59 . 8/10/2014
Looking forward to when you decide to update. I just binge read these 59 chapters. Couldn't stop!
1. MMBOj chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
I want more !
Jenmoon1 chapter 55 . 11/25/2013
Hi first of all please don't ditch us this long agean. I reread the entire thing since it's been so long. So regular updates would be appreciated. Second of all I like lemons (Ya I am a bit of a pev) Would you consider adding some. Third of all is Iyzeka Luna without memories. Since this is based on the later false rumor. of Z/L being best friends. My other guess would be Iyzeka Syphal or something like that. Sorry for Gramer and spelling. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this great story. Jenmoon1
Guest Alice chapter 59 . 9/30/2013
I had long forgotten how much I like this story! Please don't take so long updating ever again, it was agony!
I understand you must be busy, you have to deal with your own life obviously, but I really think you have a great story going on here, so please don't feel discouraged and don't abandon it again...

I liked the Lord of Nightmares telling Xellos to "Stop tormenting this child", I understand he's trying to keep her safe, but honestly, he's only making them both miserable! . I know she's kind of very dramatic, but honestly, I think Filia gets underestimated a whole lot, I really like her, and I think she's far stronger than those around her give her credit for, I'd love to see that come out in the story.

I think one of my favorite parts to date, other than everytime you show Xellos and Filia being jealous *-* , was that scene where they were fighting Telgaln in china, and Filia shot her holy magic along with the RPG launcher...Val's and Xellos' reactions to her doing that were hilarious hahaha!

So please, keep up the good work and keep updating as soon as you can! I'll keep reviewing!
tbiris chapter 59 . 8/8/2013
Is this... could it possibly be... AN UPDATE.
Not sure what the comment about chapter 28 is about but I evidently need to reread everything (I was thinking about it recently). I think the last thing I remember was one of the demons wanting to rip Filia's wings away so to speak.

It's good to have you back and I'm glad that you're doing a bit better.
Lady Kaliska chapter 59 . 7/17/2013
First, I must apologize for the delay in the review. I had to go back and reread some things to remember where and how this story was going. That said, I enjoyed reading this small chapter. Xellos is definitely up and down in his emotions ever since he visited the Underworld. (I mean he was beforehand, but that little adventure seemed to magnify it thrice fold) With everything that's happened, I find it interesting that LON decides to show up. Xellos has so much to work through on a deeper, personal level. Filia just has no idea. In this far in the game, I'm really glad you didn't have them sleep together yet, because that would have been a whole other ball of anxiety and kami knows what to unthread and write about. Val, would not have been able to keep his patience after all that.
swartzvald chapter 28 . 7/7/2013
I thought saffron was red.
Sharon chapter 59 . 7/4/2013
No doubt, I'll have to go back and reread from the very beginning again before I can nudge past 28 again. I'm certain that I'm cheating at this very moment. I have no right to skip forward just because I'm interested in what this chapter has to say after a five year delay, but the temptation to do so was too great. If anything, it compels and motivates me even more to go back and reread so I can keep my head from spinning right off my shoulders.

Violent Xellos is exciting for me and I don't understand why. I think in that way your story is rather unique. There's so much of his soft and gentler nature at the beginning, that when he kinks from the inside like this, when his passionate rage spikes, it's... intoxicating, it's amazing, it's a titillating climax to get excited about. It's a beautiful contrast, and a large difference between what people seem to expect from a fanfiction Xellos-cocky and mean (with an extra side of asshole), or some other variation that lacks dynamic.

Of course, I don't even know why he's this upset to begin with! Yes, yes, must go back and read at some point when I have the time.

Your writing always impresses me. I'm in awe about how you're able to write so little and paint so much imagery with well picked words.