Reviews for Modern Day I & II
Sharon chapter 17 . 7/18/2012
Shit.

I had to come BACK to this chapter just to see the reviews on this. Literally. I had to the scene and then go diving through your other reviews just to see what sort comments it inspired.

HOW IN THE HELL ARE PEOPLE NOT COMMENTING ON XELLOS'S HOTNESS. Am I the ONLY person that found his scene with Kirelle MIND SHATTERINGLY hot?
Sharon chapter 19 . 7/18/2012
... ANNND... There's where the difference occurs. Again. Unlike Filia, I wouldn't have been able to blame my insecurity on Xellos. He would certainly be the biggest, jerkiest jerky jerk-face ever. I would enumerate on all of the things I had done for him and how he was only taking, taking, and taking; but then, in the same sweep of fury I would inevitably tell myself I was overreacting and then pin all the blame on myself knowingly.

And feel all the more shoddier and depressed by it, while dreading to bring it up, because I wouldn't want to annoy him or agitate him with my self-perceived pettiness.

So! This chapter was easier to read. Filia's thoughts deviated and it became less like a self-review again. In all honesty I was wondering when Xellos was going to tell her to put her big-girl panties on!
Sharon chapter 18 . 7/18/2012
Ahh, well, it seems I have a knack for saying things too soon. Of course the moment I state that Filia and I have such different thought patterns, they become blazingly similar in this chapter in regards to Iyzeka.

It's funny, because I'm every bit as sensitive, and the sensitivity isn't it just reserved toward people I have a romantic interest in.

In this respect, the chapter was difficult to read, because it is literally reliving my terrible, terrible insecurities-both the ones that occur in RP and the ones that occur in real life.

I'm trying to be a little more elaborate in the reviews because I realize you probably don't understand everything I'm trying to reference right off the bat. Not unless you remember specifically what each chapter details. Plus (incoming compliment!), the story for me has just become very compelling. There's a very big change in this writing style than the one you started with. I noted earlier that you became more verbose with your descriptions and such, and now I feel like the story is maturing into this... just, a wonderful plot.

And, I'm starting to connect more with Filia now on a personal level rather than simply seeing the connections you have had with these characters.
Sharon chapter 17 . 7/18/2012
Oh...

... Oh...

-Oh.-

*Crams bother hands against her face and peeks through her fingers.*

Uhm. Uhm. Uhm.

(This review will be a bit long!)

So earlier in this story, actually at the beginning of this chapter I was noting kinda off-handedly how different Filia's thought patterns are from mine, and from Jaeden's. I guess this is because they have some similarities, although Jaeden is definitely an 'easier' person and less prone to beginning a confrontation. Because inherently, I dislike confrontation. If I start a confrontation with someone it's always passively, or through the guise of a jesting.

And Jaeden-Me, myself-we trust far too easily. And we put our faith out blindly, because we want to trust people. Our hang-ups are minimal except for where women are concerned, and our own self image issues.

So it's very interesting to borrow Filia's thoughts for a change. I don't think I would have ever questioned Xellos's intentions. I might have thought him odd, I might have thought him curious, but I typically don't start analyzing a person's reactions toward me until I'm most certain that the relationship is unhealthy and falling apart.

As for the lime. .. .. .. Just... just.. ... *Tosses the Darian plushie to the side and picks up a Xellos one.* I mean, I totally get why he did it. And I can see why you would be worried that some people wouldn't like it, and even see why some people would get pissy of it. I guess they just don't realize how meaningless it is for Xellos, and how for him the action could be compared to going out to Denny's for a quick meal.

... But...

But...

... *Raises hand!* I volunteer to be a Kirelle!
Sharon chapter 15 . 7/18/2012
I feel like more of the author's feelings were displayed here in the later half, although I don't think much elaboration is needed on my part!

I really thing the showing of their different pasts together was a very, very clever thing to do on your part. It helps tie the story together, to show that it's not SO unusual for Filia to finally break down overtime; that this subtle flirt-like teasing has only steadily increased over the years that they've been in contact.
Sharon chapter 14 . 7/18/2012
Oooh! Iyzeka! But I take it she's not Xellos's sister anymore in this story? How very interesting.
Sharon chapter 13 . 7/18/2012
"You could give it to me and I'll try very hard to not want to take over the world," he said, still turned away, "or you could keep it with you, possibly risking losing it. What did you do earlier today when you took a shower?" - Bah ha ha! As well as I can imagine Xellos from the anime series saying this himself and all of his expressions to go along with it, I severely wish he would have said something similar in the available footage of him-with that specific nasally voice.
Sharon chapter 12 . 7/18/2012
Annd.

I think some of the author's feelings came out through Filia this time! At least in that last half. Obviously it's in character for Filia, since Filia seems to recognize in the series that she *is* entitled to treating herself once in a while once or twice, even in the middle of a serious mission. But there was a lot of good feeling-vibe coming through as I read that.
Sharon chapter 11 . 7/18/2012
And of course, I stand corrected in the next chapter. I take back what I saids' bout Valgaav in the previous review.

I think your writing style expanded a little bit here! Maybe it's just the depth of the content being spoken about, but it seemed like you began incorporating just a little more description into movements and actions. I like it!
Sharon chapter 10 . 7/18/2012
"Even your pulse is evil" - How funny!

I remember a similar joke between Acanthus (a vampire) and Dalvar (who later became his temporary fledgling). Dalvar had a very, very high rank of cooking and when Acanthus complimented the quality of her blood she stated OOCly - Dal: I'm such a good chef even my blood is delicious!

Ehem. I digress though.

Hmm. Criticisms?

So far it seems as though this story could have been told without Valgaav, save for the scene in the two previous chapters regarding the dance and what not. He's just been the comic relief, albeit he has had a good hand in creating tension.

On the other hand it could be argued that he's needed as a chaperone, otherwise I don't think Xellos and Filia would have *known* what to do if they knew they weren't going to be supervised for a very extended period of time!

Not that it's a bad thing, and you wrote this what, 10 years ago? And I haven't even read a full fifth of the story yet; but I've read so far all in one go without any desire to stop. So I'll be interested in seeing what Valgaav's role matures into.
Sharon chapter 9 . 7/18/2012
"Oh, my, how did this happen?" Heeee! I started cackling.

I'm curious about how accurate this Zelas is! I mean, obviously it must be accurate since you wrote the story, but having not seen Zelas act out anything in the series myself (only the brief ending scene with Xellos reporting to a woman with a cigarette), I can only wonder! I at least have a sense of how his 'Mommy!' acts, now!
Sharon chapter 8 . 7/18/2012
Oh, Ukky, I love you so much, but did your word document really let you get away with spelling Egypt as Ejypt consecutively in both chapters? Hee. That's endearing. Also, I like how very casual Xellos is while chatting up other females! His attitude is so totally, "Eh, whatever."
Sharon chapter 7 . 7/18/2012
I really, really enjoyed the fight scene! I was giggling all the way through it. I do find it funny that the people who root for the monsters-can't-feel don't seem to take in account that it was -indeed- a war, and that Xellos's comrades were probably killed and plucked off one by one. And if he was fighting on Zelas's behalf, to keep her secure and to stop the dragons from murdering more of his 'kin' (I guess the monsters are kinda one big dysfunctional family), then I think he's pretty justified in saying he was *glad* to kill thousands of dragons.
Sharon chapter 6 . 7/18/2012
See. I bet Xellos would help Mormons build a mall, too. Provided he has the money of course; I can't remember the exact number for the project, I just remember it being pretty darn hefty.
Sharon chapter 5 . 7/18/2012
HEE. I felt another heart throb at the, "That's a dangerous question to ask," bit! I'm also amused by Xellos's cheesy medieval dream; it was almost as bad as a school girl's whimsical daydreaming.
788 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »