Reviews for Modern Day I & II
Sharon chapter 4 . 7/18/2012
I couldn't help but wonder while reading how much this Xellos is reflecting in your own, in regards to having your fiance in your life. I remember you speaking once about how you felt nothing, and you didn't even have a stray thought to distract yourself from feeling nothing. And to be lucky enough that he's so supportive to you (in the ways that he can be), and to acknowledge the true you, that you could have a friend and partner to share everything with after a void.

I also couldn't help but feeling a small heart throb for crazy-angry Xellos! Eee!
Sharon chapter 3 . 7/18/2012
Hee. _

I wouldn't think that Xellos would need to shave! I'm amused by the thought that he wouldn't actually have to and simply forgot in the spur of being flustered. Then again, the presence of razors would be an anomaly in that situation.
My Final Death chapter 2 . 3/16/2012
Oi' Julie. It's me. *That person*.

I don't leave reviews for stories on individual chapters. Reviews are the life and blood for an author, but for the life of me I've never had much to say about a person's story until I've gotten to their last chapter. And plus, it interrupts the flow. The immersion. The something.

Regardless, I enjoy what you've written. This is coming form a person who hasn't read any fanfiction for the past six years. This is coming from a person who finds most fanfiction not worth reading, on the whole. Without watching even further past five episodes into the third season of Slayers, I adore the premise and even more the starting chemistry between Filia and Xellos. They're each their own person, and as I read their script (this occurred with Lina in the prologue, as well), I could hear the dubbed anime voices in my head. The image unfolded in my head as clearly as if I had been watching any episode.

It's a rare feeling, and it's damn good to be feeling it again. I'll be happy to come back and read the rest after I've watched more of the third season.
MikariStar chapter 58 . 11/16/2011
awesome story I enjoyed reading it
PsychoSongstress chapter 30 . 12/2/2010
You have an amazing story here. You have put alot of work into it, and I sat and read it all. (For seven hours!) I love this story so much, and I hope you will return to it some day ;-P I'll be looking foward to it!
Saki Yukiko chapter 31 . 11/10/2010
Xellos as a sex-education teacher, PRICELESS!
CleverName chapter 58 . 9/12/2010
This story is amazing. It always makes me sad to start a story that hasn't been finished, but i could tell that the author took a lot of time in it and did a wonderful job.

Your version of Val is very likable, i imagine this is how he would be after being raised by filia, you took a lot of thought in him and it shows.

Filia and Xellos relationship is very natural, and i love how there love is played out, i just wish i could have read how they really do end up together! are they to remain frozen forever apart!

Hopefully you will be able to return to this story in the future, i look forward to that day!
RandomReader chapter 45 . 8/9/2010
Weee...long review. I need an account.

I must say that I am loving this story, and am working my way through it, slowly but surely. But, now I feel bad because I haven't left reviews for previous chapters, so I need to go do that sometime after sleep. Someone has probably figured it out by now, but would I be correct in guessing that Rykker and Stedman are from Kung Fu? The whole Caine thing just made me go...Oh, Duh! A little slow on the uptake there, Grasshopper.

I think that Filia and Xellos are in character given the circumstances and are well written. I want to reach out and strangle them sometimes for the whole 'We like each other, we want each other, but we're JUST FRIENDS! Anything more would be bad. We don't know why; we've never really thought of it; it just would!' But, I believe it's necessary. People (Dragons and Mazoku, included) fear change. I think that little lesson illustrated well through the start of overcoming the brainwashing that both the races go through. The Dragons aren't entirely good, so why would the Mazoku be entirely evil?

Iyzeka is...interesting. She's incredibly complex and not easy to pin down to just one thing. She can be calm, she can be crazy, and she can be an efficient killer. And, she rapidly cycles through them, but she stays the same person no matter the persona. She's annoying in a fun way. I like her.

Love Zelas. Don't mind the whole Luna and Zelas thing, either. I do wonder about Fake Jesus. If Jesus was a girl, and the savior of makind, and a little girl, sans magic no less, then who could she be? Xellos mentioned that they all really knew who Christ was earlier. My first thought then was Lina, but the without magic comment threw me. Can Luna use magic? From what I know, I'm pretty sure she can. I mean, she is the Knight of Ceiphied. And, she's supposed to be a better with a sword than Gourry and stupidly powerful. Taking on a plasma dragon with a kitchen knife and winning? Slice a Dragon Slave in half with a regular sword? I just can't figure it out. Watched the anime...all 5 seasons. Read the first six novels (still need to buy the seventh and eighth...they've been translated a while now). Watched the movies. This is probably another one of those...gee, you're really, really slow on the uptake.

I also like how you took the Amazons from Ranma and tossed them in there in a very twisty way. I must admit I was waiting for an appearance from Ryoga, just to have him yell, "Where am I now?" Question is, who's he going to blame now that the whole relationship fiasco of the younger years is over? Probably wouldn't ask for the way to the Tendo Dojo, either. I don't know...I've gotten so used to him yelling for Saotome to prepare to die that I don't know just what I'd do without that.

I'm definitely of the opinion of DON'T RUSH THE SEX! Foreplay is wicked awesome torture for characters and way underrated in writing. Plus, with these guys I don't think the buildup will lead to disappointment when they do get their acts together. This has character development and growth and a plot that exists outside 'They have hawt steamy sex. Yadda,yadda,yadda...save the world. More sex. The End.' The whole instant gratification thing would just be a let down.

I haven't noticed any glaring spelling and grammar errors. There are a few typos. Things like 'new' instead of 'knew.' Nothing serious, completely negligible even. I must say that is definitely refreshing with some people writing fanfiction the way that they text. Bleh.

I noticed that this isn't finished yet, and hasn't been updated in a while. I do hope that you update when you have the time and inspiration to write again. Looking forward to reading more. But right now, I'm looking forward to bed! I was up all night, and the sun is coming up!
tbiris chapter 57 . 7/21/2010
Ha. Considering I had already reviewed the last chapter (which I had forgotten I had, and shame on me for not reviewing this one), I'm leaving a note here.

I'm still wonderfully amused by your story, and it was the first thing I thought of after I watched TRY again, albeit in sub. I'll probably watch the entire series again in dub at some point.

I hope you're doing well and just thought to let you know this is just as wonderful the second... or third, I forget which I'm on, time through.
One percent chapter 3 . 8/26/2009
uh oh. Hot!

I am at a lack of words to say. It's not hard to guess what words are floating in my head!

NAKED and FLIRT XD
One percent chapter 2 . 8/26/2009
Really awesome!

XD I love him calling her "darling" and "sweetheart"! It makes it all funnier!

and now Val is just drop dead gorgeous! Very good looking and very intelligent XD what else?
One percent chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
awesome and intense.

The death was VERY well written. It warmed my heart.

I particularly enjoyed that Xellos could change Filia's mind so easily. He angered her to make her forget about her mourning of the death, and even joked in order to make her forget that she did not believe him in the first place!

Val is so cute XD

Cool story
zigmas chapter 2 . 7/13/2009
Hmph... :D
wolf gaurdian chapter 17 . 6/28/2009
XELLOS! you man whore lol i dont think it right he did that to filia with that whore but any way great romantc veiws soo please tell me him and filia nhook up and stay toether this time plz plz p-lz!
SKC83 chapter 58 . 4/14/2009
I lost track of this story several years ago, and now during a recent "come back" of this fandom in my life (may have something to do with Salyers Revolution, Evolution-R () I remembered this story and decided to see if you ever finished it. And am I ever pleasantly surprised to discover that you're still continuing with this story! Your dedication to continue (and hopefully finish) this story is to be saluted and it is most certainly greatly appreciated!

I've always thought that this story had one of the most interesting futures for my favourite Slayers couple. Also, let me tell ya, you most certainly have created the most *delicious* sexual tension between Xellos and Filia that I have *ever* read in a fanfiction. (truthfully, I had hoped that you may have come to a resolution to that when I went looking for this fic ... but it seems as though the sweet torture is continuing ()

I notice that you haven't updated since July and I don't know how often you were updating this story before your last post, but I do hope that you plan on continuing this; after seven years of keeping with this story, it would be a shame to quit now (~)

Excellent job, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for this story! ()
788 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »