Reviews for Her Majesty's Wolf
Hati chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
Well that kind of sucks for Link... Kind of hate how love can render even the mightiest of men into lost puppies bowing before a hated rival, even sacrificing their freedom ):
Mary Sue chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
This story was really amazing, well paced, realistic and heart wrenching. Awesome job really impressive.
Astercia chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
I hadn't been expecting that. This is so well writ and entrancing it takes my breath away. But yes, I thought it would be another story where a suitor comes in, Link gets jealous, suitor eventually leaves/backs down/is chased away, and Link marries Zelda. I like the originality in this one. Very creative and beautiful.
A
TheArtsyGamer chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. ;A; This is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. The fact that the point of view is NOT Link's or Zelda's, but the "obstacle" or suitor is amazing considering the fact that Chrisven isn't a power hungry villain or an uncaring jerk but an honest and humble man makes him so real, so much more likable. You feel sorry for him and his awkwardness eventually, but not as sorry as you do for Link in that last sentence. The writing is beautiful and tragic, as in this occasion Link is apparently a wolf by choice and doesn't end up finding a way to be with Zelda. It's a great story, but saddening nonetheless.
I Lost my Sock chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
You know for some reason, I can't see their wedding going smoothly. I feel like some random evil henchman is going to pop out of a pot or something and try to kill Zelda. But I guess it wouldn't matter because there would be one angry wolf in the way just waiting to shred the poor crook to bits. So everything would turn out well in the end. Well, maybe not for the henchmen...
But ignoring my overactive imagination this story is awesome! I love the premise and your execution was flawless. it's probably one of the best one-shot I've read, and I've read probably half the stuff on this site (which really makes you realize that I need something else to do in my life). Despite the fact that this is probably the millionth time I have read this story, I still love it to pieces.

Keep sharing your genius with the world!
I Lost my Sock...

(P.S. Ignore the grammar mistakes I doubtlessly made. Punctuation and spelling have never been my friend.)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
Poor link
justdoodlingaround chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Oh my god. This is beautiful and incredibly written. Oh my god, the FEELS. Seriously, "The wolf produced the most disapproving look that a canine could muster", "The wolf agreed with him by not being impressed with him in the moment either' and finally, "the wolf closed his eyes, surrendered to his fate, and bowed his head to the next king of Hyrule" AHHHHHHHHHH omg. I loved this. Oh Chrisven. Poor Link.
Insane. Certifiably chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Having read the whole thing twice over, I'm still not sure whether the 'he' in your summary refers to Chrisven or Link, and that's part of what makes this so good.
Between the two conversations Link and Zelda had, you say "When he heard the man again yesterday evening". I would suggest either making that to the day after or changing the phrasing, because it's kind of confusing which one you meant. That was really the only error I found though.
I loved how your Link is just kind of lost. That's how I see him after Twilight Princess and the choice he made, to stay a wolf, was perfectly in character with that. I appreciated the contrast of the beautiful princess who knows exactly what she's doing and the terrifying monster who really has no idea. Even Chrisven was believable as a character, sort of awkward, but that awkwardness made him real.
Those last lines are a special kind of heartbreaking, so bittersweet, and yet any other ending would have diluted the power of what preceded.
Fantastic job.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
Wow... I would love to see more of this! It's great O_O
Aisukuri-Mu Studio chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I adore this. (heart, broken heart) So sad for our favorite wolf/hero of Hyrule, but yet, so tenderly wonderful, because I think the reader and wolf Link had the same reactions to Chrisven-at least, I know I did-and by the end, were forced to make the same submission.

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwww...I love it. (heart heart)
music nimf chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
I am sick to my stomach that I've never written something as wonderfully bitter as the last two lines of this story. I really like Chrisven and in that capacity I can see why Zelda likes him as well. He's just such an endearing man and I actually face palmed at his presentation.

Then there's Link, who deserves better than being placed in the shadows, but it is also the life he chose. He is the hero and he has done greater things and saved more people than Chrisven will likely ever live up to.

In the end, though, I can't help not liking Chrisven because he called the hero of our game a "boy" and a "dog". Though he doesn't know about Link, I feel offended. Especially since what happened was the exact fear Link voiced to Zelda and that Zelda dismissed. And that's just turned me into happy goo.

Also, Zelda being half ethereal and half deception and no one can tell when she is either, myself included, was the best ever. She was an intellegant, entitled princess. I wish I could write a more articulate review but it is quite late and I'm not in the best writting shape, but know that I really ejoyed it, especially the ending.
Orange Singer chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
THIS IS SO SAD. :( I love it! Such fantastic characterization!
The King in White chapter 1 . 4/29/2012