Reviews for Surprise Visit
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Gah! Oh, Katy - this has the makings of story of the year right here. So much more I want to know - how and why did Tonks turn into her family (Mudblood Father!), how did she and Pansy hook up, how did Harry take it when she broke away from them - all of it! I love love love this premise, and poor Auror Penriff is brilliant! What a piece. Brava.
Wrexscar chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
Well that wasn't what I expected.
Good though.

That's an interesting au world you created there too.
A good story, well executed, draw me in and rewarded me with a nice payoff.
Thanks for writing.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Percy as Minister of Magic? Definitely AU. Draco's ex-girlfriend and Remus' widow? Very definitely AU. Not a universe I'd want to live it, although I might be interested in reading more stories in the same AU.
silverbirch chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Wow! I'm not sure what I was expecting, but that wasn't it!

There were so many bits of it that shouldn't have worked, yet it did and it worked very well indeed.

Tonks as a Quisling, for example. Nobody would ever dare write it! But, what if...? It wouldn't be the first time in history that somebody had changed sides. That's actually quite deep, the more I think about it. The know the image that comes to mind? That picture of the policeman on Jersey holding the car door open for the Commandant after the invasion. What alternative was there? How many of us would choose the moral high ground and certain death?

I'd love to see you expand this and take us through what happened in those intervening years to both her and Percy. How much (or many?) did he have to sacrifice? It would be a very dark story but you could tell it superbly.
alix33 chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
"Ms Tonks, ten years Head of the Auror office, recently passed over for Minister in favour of the infinitely less able, but much more politically astute Percy Weasley," - EW, how nauseating! Politically astute, you say? Rule-loving above all else ponce, I say.

"once she cut all ties with her traitor mother and even with her own half-breed baby son." - Now I am convinced somebody has Tonks under a longlasting Imperius curse.
firewordsparkler chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Well done for such an odd pairing. I loved the ending.