Reviews for Namesake
inari of the skies chapter 13 . 3/17/2014
You should really continue this story its written well. Hope you someday finish this story unlike the show, which was unfortunately discontinued.
Ps I jayne the father cause its sound like it. Is jayne scary to admit itto that hes a daddy or does he think vera got another man after he left..
I wish you in writing if you decide to continue this story.
CannonRebel chapter 13 . 2/18/2013
Love this story! Can't wait for the next one!
L. Darling chapter 13 . 10/15/2012
So happy this got updated, please update soon!
RionaEire chapter 13 . 10/10/2012
I liked "blood was better than tears". that's a Jayne type sentiment. It sounds like young man Jayne and girl Vera are fiery and still trying to figure out what they're doing. I still think she's too old to start companion training, by that age one knows things about themselves, you know? They aren't a blank slate so to speak, to be molded, though some people know themselves from much younger too, but I'd think the training house would say no to a nearly grown girl starting there. I love Book!
Riona
ebfiddler chapter 13 . 10/9/2012
Yay! You're back! Really enjoyed your telling this chapter from the POV of Book. You've got a good grasp of his voice, as well as the way he has of relating to and handling Jayne. His commentary on the Captain's nocturnal pacing; his assessment of Vera's situation, and the way he has of helping even those who don't want to admit they want or need help. Just loved this paragraph in the backstory section: "You didn't hold their hands and watch the sun set through the trees or tuck your shirt in before you'd see them. With whores, you didn't care if their father found out and you didn't hike miles up mountains to be alone with them just to feel like there was no one else in the 'verse. All of this was obvious to Jayne, and he didn't understand how Vera couldn't see it. He didn't know how to answer such a stupid question." - Jayne's particular way of seeing the 'Verse and his particular kind of intelligence well-illustrated there. The image of the "gutted" tin can oozing in a pool of syrup was especially effective in illustrating Jayne's state of mind when the Shepherd confronts him. Don't make us wait so long before your next posting. :-)
badkarma00 chapter 12 . 8/25/2012
Very good. Love to see the finish. I'm betting Jayne stays, or Vera and the boy go with. Interested to see what you do however.

Bad
shadeshope chapter 12 . 7/15/2012
This was fantastic the author captured the essence of the characters perfectly. I really hope that the author writes you so much.
ebfiddler chapter 12 . 7/5/2012
Jayne looks ready to run and avoid in the present time, just as he's getting involved in the past time. I'm glad you've got the other Firefly main characters involved in this, even though it's Jayne's story. Jayne and Vera are quite a pair - lots of difficulty expressing their emotions in that infirmary - and I think your backstory will go a great ways toward explaining why. As always, eager for more. (and hopefully next time, I won't have to wait out a power outage and disruption of internet service for days, before I can review). Nice work.
RionaEire chapter 12 . 7/2/2012
I see Jayne has figured it out too, and he's scared spitless about it and wants outa there. I hope he will have to face it. You write romance scenes really well, even though no one's lips taste like honey reading such things in romantic scenes is always enjoyable, you do well. I still hope Vera doesn't have someone she's with currently, since she and Jayne obviously rutted and a guy would be upset if she was with him but rutted with her old flame. I look forward to seeing what happens next.
Riona
Guest chapter 12 . 6/28/2012
More Please, this is so good. Please finish this, I LOVE it.
Guest chapter 11 . 6/28/2012
This is ssssooooo good!
Guest chapter 10 . 6/28/2012
Wow!
Guest chapter 7 . 6/28/2012
I really do love this. Well done!
Guest chapter 5 . 6/28/2012