Reviews for To the Victor
Rosemary Tarleton chapter 8 . 7/20/2012
What a lovely ending to an incredible story. I take my hat off to you!

Thanks for writing and sharing this wonderful story.
Rosemary Tarleton chapter 7 . 7/20/2012
Wow!

I'm so glad Lucius did not get his way now!

**hangs head in shame**
Rosemary Tarleton chapter 6 . 7/20/2012
Oh my God, I can't breathe! I enjoyed chapter five, but this! I guess I'm just faithful Lucius...

Hehehe

Okay, I can breathe again now... :-)
Rosemary Tarleton chapter 3 . 7/20/2012
Another awesome chapter, how did you think of this story? Did it just come to you? It's so well thought out, it has an amazing plot! Just wonderful.

But the evil in me still wants Lucius to have his way with her...

Rosemary Tarleton chapter 2 . 7/20/2012
Oh my goodness this is so good!

Poor Lucius though, having McGonagall interrupt him, and having Fennen taken away from him - is there no justice in the world?

Rosemary Tarleton chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
I skim read this chapter earlier, being busy with my kids, but have read it through properly now.

All I can say is, wow! So well written! I'm drawn in already.

And at serious risk of losing my obsession for Tavington and replacing it with Snape! Hmmm, can't wait until Lucius comes along...

:-)

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. On to chapter two, despite my husbands irritation! He wants my attention, but I want to get to Lucius! LOL
Profound Yaoi chapter 8 . 4/28/2012
I don't know how I thought this would end... but that wasn't it! Haha! It's a lovely ending. I'd like to think Lucius is being a little more cautious around Severus at the moment; not trusting his loyalty completely... but at the same time, I think Severus divulging such a personal story to someone like Lucius Malfoy (whom he doesn't completely trust) is a little odd. But you've written the scene in such a way that the suspicion melts away after a while and you enjoy reading about the two old friends teasing each other and toasting to one's happiness. :) Well done.
Profound Yaoi chapter 7 . 4/28/2012
This chapter happened so fast! The confrontation between Lucius and Severus was wonderful! I like that you had Severus thinking on his feet, insisting he was keeping his post as Voldemort's spy. And later, when he admitted to Lucius in confidence... how Snape-like ;) Very well done!

The last part, between Fennen and Severus, though... I guess I'm just not that much of a fluff fan... it seemed a little much. But that's just me.

I really like this story so far! You really are a diamond in the rough! ;)
Profound Yaoi chapter 6 . 4/28/2012
Uh-oh. This doesn't sound good...

I love Lucius, but he can be a very good baddie! ;) You've made him deliciously evil, my dear. And this is a very good chapter after the last one. I'm so glad they haven't leaped into the marriage bed straight away!
Profound Yaoi chapter 5 . 4/28/2012
Your style is so lovely; it has such an archaic feel to it sometimes, simply from your choice of words. Alas, I did find it a little too much when reading their scene in the bedroom. It was a little too sappy for it to really be in Severus' character (not that I dislike him OOC sometimes, but when it's in an overtly lovey-dovey way, it's just not for me). But the end of the chapter saved it from being too bad. I'm glad he didn't end up debauching her only to have to wait until she graduated from Hogwarts to announce their relationship. But marriage? So soon? I'm unsure at this point, but I think you definitely have the potential to make it work. I just hope they aren't completely gooey about it all! ;)

Overall, another lovely chapter. Near-perfect grammar! I do love your writing!
Profound Yaoi chapter 4 . 4/28/2012
Loss of blood? Did I miss something? Oh dear...

I am very much enjoying your story - even though the chapters are much too short! ;)

I thought Jareth would have either been too weak to fight the spell, leading Severus to save the day, or it would be the other way around... it turned out to be the latter, but I was still pleasantly surprised that Severus could fight it off before completely succumbing. You've done such a wonderful job so far! On to the next chapter!
Profound Yaoi chapter 3 . 4/28/2012
I like how you've not demonised Mrs Norris or Filch in this one. Sure, they're not exactly the most wonderful characters in the HP world, but I'm glad you haven't bashed them like a lot of stories I've read.

I am beyond enthralled at this point! I MUST see what's going on! :D
Profound Yaoi chapter 2 . 4/28/2012
Ohh! I'm even more intrigued! I really can't wait to read the next chapter. You've hooked me, my dear. :D
Profound Yaoi chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Oh, intriguing!

I usually don't like original characters, but this is really very interesting! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Your style is interesting. Very well-written and somewhat formal, but with wonderfully descriptive language that just draws you in. I have indeed found a gem.