Reviews for The Story of Zax
Strazor chapter 73 . 7/13/2014
Every great story has an end, and like your other 2 stories in this 'world' it has a great ending with everyone leaving. You made it so that you can expand each character into their own story or leave them and have them be complete.
Teemuu chapter 53 . 7/12/2014
Svikki from Fyrisvellir is an ice mephit so therefore an outsider. Technically she's a familar so can be replaced by an almost identical ice mephit by her owner(even though she was given her freedom), but it would be a different creature all together in terms of memory and personality. Henrietta the artificer is just a mere gnome so can be raised . Trip is a warforged scout. Normally constructs can not be raised but warforged count as living constructs so can be raised, unless of course he took the juggernaut prestige class ( which is dumb) . Vanna counts as an awakened iron golem (a construct built by Henrietta) while intelligent and technically free will, she can not be raised. I hope that clears up any confusion, but also recall that a prerequisite to be raised is a 5000 gp diamond which isn't as common as it sounds ( see Frank in Fyrisvellir) and having the COMPLETE body available. Since Trip, Henrietta, and Vanna were last seen in a collapsed dimension, no bodies were available to raise. (A side note, they are considered MIA but there's no proof of their death)

As for Surry's dream travels, she herself has tried to verify if they were dreams or real, but everything she does in the past has no bearing on things in the present. She believes they are simply elaborate dreams based on her role as Treekeeper of her people. It sounds confusing, but it will be explained in a future chapter.
Strazor chapter 52 . 7/12/2014
Well that's an interesting plot twist. Arl is still alive. It appears that se accually went into the past and changed what happened. History reformed around her? Now this is where it get confusing. When she went back into time and changed the events, history was modified. However her perspective did not change. When she returned to "Present" time, was she accually returned to an alternate dimension at her time? Or was she sent to her own timeline with history changed. Now was he champion always Arl or was he someone else prior modification? Was the world already changed with Arl surviving?
Strazor chapter 40 . 7/12/2014
Just pondering something. If sharliss's friends were outsiders then are trip, the ice hafling/merphit, and her golem outsiders too? Also that means that you cannot kill of Zax or Shar, unless you do the cheesy bypass in the 3.5 update. Petrus an outsider too because he came from a different plane.
Teemuu chapter 37 . 7/12/2014
Thanks for reading and reviewing the Story of Zax.

I'll try to answer all your questions without spoilers. It's been a while since I wrote this so my memory might not be 100% heh. There's alot of Skyrim references mainly because I was writing this when Skyrim first came out. The 'log' was based on an actual encounter in an old campaign. The GM read somewhere that a good encounter should suck up 20% of a party's resources so he kind of 'stumped' us with the log till we used 20% of our resources, suffice to say we were not amused. Dragon's flame has a mind of its own, even though it 'belongs' to Zax it's master will always be Tyris. Tyris rewarded it to Zax for 'rescuing' Hush ( end of Fetch/chpt 51) even though he had little to do with it. Tyris being Tyris cares more about her daughter than power for its own sake. As for the death of Hush's companions around chpt 30, most of them didn't die ( Isula, Sarin, Nymk) but the ones that did die( Lililithy, her fiendish wolf ) they count as outsiders. By the rules , Outsiders and extraplanar subtypes can't be raised. ( There is a spell in the 3.5 planar handbook that bypasses it, but that's just pure cheese) Believe it or not the log plays an important part in the story, so I won't spoil it till you get to that part. You can see if and how people survive and escape its deadly clutches heh. Yeah the characters are quite naive, but that's what makes it comical and endearing (or at least that's the way I feel).

Anyways thanks for the reviews, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.
Strazor chapter 37 . 7/11/2014
It's just plain amazing how naive these characters are
Strazor chapter 31 . 7/11/2014
The frozen log strikes again XD. But wait...if the area disrupts magic, how did they recover the people who fell? And how did they revive them? Furthermore, how did they survive?
Strazor chapter 30 . 7/11/2014
There have been sooooo many skyrim references in this story so far :). Can't Hush hire a priest to revive her companions? You can't waste all that good character develepment now can you?
Strazor chapter 21 . 7/10/2014
I love the cut scenes to the other 'adventures'. I wonder who drew/created the picture. According to everyone, Hush is attractive and mostly human looking. Is it a different form of her? Thanks for that clarification on why Dragon Flame wasn't being drawn. But still, why hasn't it communicated with Zax? Or is it slowly influencing him, giving him his spouts of courage and bravery?
Strazor chapter 17 . 7/10/2014
I wonder: will the Dragon Flame ever respond to Zax's pleas? Will he ever draw the blade? Why did Fyris give him the blade in the first place? Did she think he could handle it? That he could take on the path of immortality? Isn't Fyris bound to the sword?
Strazor chapter 16 . 7/10/2014
I like how you put a skyrim reference here. Also I like how everyone is struggling at the log.
Guest chapter 21 . 11/12/2012
Lol. Would be nice for Zax to start growing some balls though. A nd maturing a little.

Good so far.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/12/2012
Good Chapter!
Guest chapter 3 . 11/11/2012
Nice!
noobarta chapter 73 . 11/2/2012
Woot looks like Magnus got back his old ship's name

Aww poor Rollo, Ogela's going away ;( CHEER UP MAN! CHASE DAT ASS ASS MAN, HOT ELF TIME WILL COME TO THOSE WHO PERSEVERE! Look at Zax :D

Glad there was a happy end for everyone considering the turn of events :)

Next up...Sarin Kania and Nymk happy time ;) Lamia's be too hot O_O

Again, thanks for an awesome story Teemuu! Gotta get around to reading the Hunters of Veb story to.

Another great story has been concluded, and it seems this story is your longest yet XD
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »