Reviews for Distant Firefly
Chaznia chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Very, very cute! 3
s chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
This was sweet. Definitely internally focused, and I think you did a good job with the thoughts you included from Lucciola. The dialogue was simple and perfect. There were a few instances of misuse of vocabulary, I think, and while your grammar was great most of the time, a little revising could make it easier to read. Content-wise, I would love even more of Lucciola's thoughts, and while it's a matter of personal style, I'd probably go for more physical descriptions too, just to form an even clearer mental image of the scene. Overall, beautiful work, and you portrayed the atmosphere wonderfully.
Anonymous reviewer chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
I really enjoyed the character moment you've illustrated here. I'll echo the previous reviewer by appreciating the dramatic irony of the rose petals. I like how Dio's irrepressibility is such a constant.

I keep hoping there'll be an uptick of new writing as a result of the new series airing currently. Perhaps it'll introduce some new fans. We'll see!
Ivy Darcourt chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
A poignant story full of dramatic irony - I like the way you use the rose petals to show how Dio sheds his innocence. He has a very different reaction to another such shower during the later episodes of Last Exile.

I like your portrayal of Lucciola, who, unlike Dio, understands the sinister nature of his situation, and yet finds a small silver lining.

Well done.