Reviews for Butterflies and Hurricanes
annades49800 chapter 20 . 3/8
I would just like to say that even though you haven't updated in years i have hope that you will find time to finish this story because it is definitely one of my favorite HP fanfictions. While the characters are not perfect, their faults make them real. I love how you portray all of them and how this story has developed them and the plot itself. You're such an awesome writer and I really realy REALLY want you to update. Thanks
Guest chapter 20 . 12/25/2015
Two years after you last updated... I wish wish wish that you would pick this little diamond up and continue it, plaese, please, please.
Is there any chance on earth that you would do that? It's just starting to get really interesting.
InTheShadowOfSignificance chapter 5 . 7/14/2015
It took me a while to process everything that happened in this chapter, I was so moved by the energy of things coming together that it was nearly impossible to reign myself in and try to understand -why- these things might be happening. Of coruse it makes sense that Black should've gotten to little Harry before Hagrid. I'm willing to bet one of the only things that can match his determination, is Hagrid's loyalty once cemented.

All the ways you've observed the characters being so true to who they are have been a joy to read and experience. Many people lose the subtle optimism of Hagrid's thoughts when things are dark, and leave him a silent observer. Many people write Sirius holding his tongue when he would most assuredly, ahead of anyone else, speak out with nothing to quell the frame of mind he's swept up in.

With so much careful planning going into Harry's placement with the Dursleys and journey through life as we know it in canon, I'm hard-pressed to believe Dumbledore will go along with this. Unfortunately, Sirius's state of grief only works against him in trying to rally for supporters. People will question if he's fit to care for the boy, it he understands the magnitude of taking on another life as part of his own.

As your story has shown, even in a small amount of time, what's meant to happen will, by any means necessary, happen.

I have ever faith in your coming approach of the plot and narrative.
InTheShadowOfSignificance chapter 4 . 7/14/2015
The notion of purging what you know for what you can become hit me really hard in the previous chapter. It's easy to take such a miraculous opportunity as stepping through time, and assign it every happy emotion one can think of, to assume all the wonderful possibilities for fulfillment, triumph, peace, even relative contentment.

We've stared down a necessary evil here, that anything worth the pain is worth the fight. The journey through redemption - or retribution - I suppose it may soon be clear which, is not without its own unique and paralyzing set of hardships. Thankfully, he didn't have to muster the contrived sense of courage that is going it alone. Despite Kafell being a stranger, despite him being just as concerning as comforting, he became the push of encouragement to go through with something no person, on their own, could hope to face. Thank you for steadying his hands and steeling his heart, for giving him someone to lean on, even if it was unconscious, during such a trying and momentous circumstance. At times he most prefers his own company, Sirius Black is decidedly better off without it.

There is so much to be said for the profundity of his step into time and space, for the evolution in the wake of "letting go," that no words could properly encompass it. I won't embarrass myself trying.

What I can tell you is this: whatever purpose Kafell is here to serve, whatever force he is to represent, is more entrancing than anything I've ever read before. The aura of hope, mercy, understanding, and grace is overwhelming, so much so that I can't help but feel lighter somehow once I've read it.

I look forward to seeing how his influence and presence is incorporated into future chapters, especially when Harry finds his way home.
InTheShadowOfSignificance chapter 3 . 7/14/2015
I have to say, despite it being done before, I wasn't expecting Kafell to go this route. For some reason I'm conditioned to believing outside forces as malevolent when this isn't the case, maybe the guy just reminds me entirely too much of Dumbledore and I braced myself for tragedy.

Either way, I can't wait to see how Harry is able to turn Sirius's life around (and of course vice versa.) For so long he's been foundering, trying to move on without a concrete purpose outside of the boy, and let's face it, being so far removed from him wasn't good for Anyone in the series. The hopelessness of separation weighed so heavy, and hindered so much.

I can't imagine the obstacles they will face if/when the plan works its way through, but if it helps either of them to love themselves just a little bit more, if it gives them just a little bit of something to hope for in a position of inclusion as opposed to "outside looking in," it will be worth it. Lily and James are gone, Harry and Sirius, for however short a time, deserve to have (and build) a life.
InTheShadowOfSignificance chapter 2 . 7/14/2015
"We're all creatures [Kreachers] here."

"...you might wish to treat your servant better than you have been."

I didn't miss that bit of symbolism, in case you were wondering.

I'm all the more excited to see the story expanded, to understand, in the measure human comprehension allows, who or what Kafell is, what realm of existence he comes from, what has called him to Sirius, or Harry as the case may yet be, in particular. Call it presumptuous, but I do assume he has more pressing affairs to oversee than the fate of a few decidedly plebeian individuals.

If your other works have taught me anything, it's that OCs are immensely important in the furthering of the plot, especially to teach. The pacing of your story through the progression of riddles has been subtle, engaging, and indicative of Rowling's own style on many levels, so I hold out a lot of hope for the various ways we'll see our new...friend?...enemy?...impart wisdom.

I will read on eagerly.
InTheShadowOfSignificance chapter 1 . 7/14/2015
I appreciate the character study of Sirius in isolation, especially considering the horrific history of his confines. So many people tend to forget that his suffering upon finding "freedom" was far from over.

Despite a few hints in the narrative that suggest the presence is tangible, I'm still partially convinced it's some sort of delusion, or otherwise a projection of his unresolved conflict and trauma. The flicker of something he thought he'd repressed with alcohol, busy work, or worries about the order. Gaining potentcy with every modicum of attention he devotes to it in passing glances, thoughts, or dreams.

It's only fitting, after all, that a person who has known the pain of emotions being pried from their soul, should know inherently, at the end, how to bring them back to life.
Chloe chapter 20 . 4/4/2015
That was excellent! Even if you never finish, thank you for giving us this much.
Chloe chapter 4 . 4/4/2015
Yesyesyes this is wonderful! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this!
Wyrd42 chapter 20 . 9/1/2013
I enjoyed this story, as it did give some new perspective to the canon characters. Like so many stories, though, you stopped just as you got to the part that seemed like it was going to be really interesting. such a shame.

Also, Lily was a muggle born... Xp
Lady Fai chapter 20 . 7/8/2013
Have I ever told you how much I love you? As and authour and through the authour's notes. Because I do. Your wit and intelligence shines through your notes and I look forward to reading them every time you update your stories.

And you have used a word that I have been forced to look up. I haven't had to look up a word when reading for pleasure in a long time. I was pleasantly surprised.

Congratulations on your Bachelor's degree.

Love this story by the way.
Kammy chapter 20 . 6/7/2013
Gotta love responsible teacher Sirius. I loved the talk he had with Snape about when Harry comes to school. It was very much so needed.
Kammy chapter 19 . 6/7/2013
Yes. Whoo. Got Sirius. Let that filthy rat know that he will not win period.
Kammy chapter 15 . 6/7/2013
Wow... And the plot thickens. So Sirius is inside his younger other self. Hmm... Interesting. :)
Millie chapter 20 . 6/7/2013
I'm happy to see that this story is being continued. I like the concept and the way you weave it all together. And I want to see Sirius teach! :)