Reviews for hard candies
marblesharp chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
I read this on AO3 a while ago and absolutely loved it. So now I'm favoriting it here so I can keep it forever and ever. :)
The writing style is so unique, it fits Finnick, and the 2nd person tense worked well. D4 is also set up very well.
I never considered Finnick selling himself before he won but it's a heartbreakingly realistic piece of backstory that really deepens his character in canon.
Honestly, great work.
catching lugia chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
I really love your idea of Finnick. This was amazing and I hope you write more Hunger Game fics.
Redaed chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
This was beautiful. I just read the series this weekend, and when I came to the moment of Finnick's interview, I knew I needed to find people who took his story further. And you delivered. Your characterization of him, while departing somewhat from canon, is still completely plausible - even probable - within that world. The descriptions are simple but complete. The titular element, seemingly irrelevant, tied everything together seamlessly. Apart from minor typos (and who cares about those? Pah!), I have to say this was everything I could have asked for.
RainyJac chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
This was wonderful :) I love how it's just quick bursts of images and that's all you really need. This was heartbreaking and wonderful. Keep writing :)