Reviews for Harry and Luna Against the High Inquisitor
Tom Riddle Minor chapter 16 . 11/23
Hmmmmm - getting a bad, bad feeling here. The One Year Anniversary of the last update is closing in - you ar not going to abandon this great tale, are you? One of the finest Luna-Harry-stories ever, we want it finished - or may your socks be infested by nargles to the end of time!
HogwartsRebel chapter 16 . 11/17
PLEASE CONTINUE THIS STORY! I totally ship Luna and Harry!
Jess chapter 16 . 11/4
Loving this story, I hope you continue it. Funny thing that hit me when I was reading it.

For Harry to compete in the Tri-Wizard Tournament, that had set rules that ONLY those of age in the Wizarding world could participate in, technically it means that, in the eyes of the law, Harry is of age even though he was 14 (here 15). So, technically, he couldn't be tried for underage magic, when he is legally considered of age. They can't let him compete in a deadly game as an adult but keep him a minor in all other areas.

On that note, if we assume the Potters are as well off as implied in the books, rivaling Malfoy (or even Sirius too), then it's safe to assume they also have seats in the Wizengamot. If we assume that's similar to Parliament, then those that have seats there are Lords. And with Harry being the last Potter (if Dumbledore giving him to the Dursleys is an indication), then Harry isn't just an adult, he's LORD Potter. And if it's not the same, being a most Noble/Ancient house which I'd assume Potter was, he'd still be a Lord as he'd be "noble". (He might even be Lord Black if Sirius named him as his heir, as his godson, instead of Draco since titles tend to descend through the male heirs, I'd assume, and if Sirius can't "claim" it on the run it would go to next in line, Harry).

Could you imagine the storm that would brew if Harry really was Lord Potter and Umbridge was torturing him? Even if people hate him, even if the purebloods loathe him, NONE of them would be ok with a LORD being tortured, because it means that THEIR children aren't safe either. Harry would also be able to take Umbridge to court since he wouldn't need a parent/guardian (Sirius or Dumbledore) to allow it if he was an adult. (And if the Potters were good/smart investors and bought stock in the Prophet when it began to take over other papers, if they had at least 51% of the shares, then Harry ultimately controls the Prophet and can control what they print more so than the Ministry. Or if he could get his hands on 51% through his own money (which he'd have access to as an of age wizard) and giving money to friends and asking them to buy stock (or if friends already had stock and wanted to help pool it), then he'd have control too and can threaten to shut them down or sell his shares to the Quibbler or something if they don't start telling the truth lol).

And with how a majority (it seems) of pure(ish) bloods have only one child, there might be laws that protect only-children, especially those raised in the Wizarding World, as they would be the heirs of their houses or Scions and there might be a backlash for her torturing Luna too because of it. Could you imagine the rage of Neville's Grandmother if she found out he was forced to use a Blood Quill?

And if truth potions were used? NO ONE could dispute what the kids say over Umbridge, especially as she'd probably refuse to use one or be forced to take one and reveal what she did and why she really did it.

Lol, sorry, my mind got away from me here, I just started thinking of that when Fudge was scolding Umbridge about backlash and things, if there was a more actually legal way to turn the tables on Fudge and her. I can't imagine the torture of the last heir/lord of a Noble/Ancient House would be good for the Ministry if word got out in that phrasing with how old fashioned and set in their ways the wizarding world is.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 16 . 11/4
Excellent story. Too bad it seems to be on hiatus. I'm favoriting it anyway because I love how your Harry/Luna and Ron/Lav pairings have been written, and I love the plot so far.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 14 . 11/4
I'm really enjoying this Lav/Ron pairing. Lavender, like Luna, is a character that JKR never took any serious interest in. Too bad. Canon would have been much richer if Lavender had been more than just the jealousy play/crush/comic relief that she was. When you add Harry/Luna to the story, this is much much better than canon. Neville/Hermione seems like it might be a harmonious, if somewhat boring pairing. One could only hope that Hermione would have the wisdom not to choose a fighter like Ron or Harry for a husband.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 12 . 11/3
I wish that Dumbledore/Potter visit had been in canon. As it is, canon Dumbledore is a foolish senile prick not to have done it.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 11 . 11/3
Excellent plot twist.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 7 . 11/3
A really great chapter. I like it when wrongs get righted peacefully, even temporarily. That's almost as exciting as trying to right wrongs with lots of violence.
Zeobide274 chapter 1 . 10/25
great story
Devientity chapter 16 . 10/21
This is such a nice story and good Harry/Luna stories are so rare. I do hope to see an update soon and maybe a little pick up in pace? Don't get me wrong, the flow is great, but sometimes it does seem a bit slow
LLBennett chapter 16 . 10/8
As with Protection from Nargles, absolutely superb work. I have found the story immensely enjoyable. It's a shame to see that it hasn't been updated for ten months, but you haven't marked it as abandoned, so I will check back periodically in the hope you find a chance to continue. If not, thank you for a lovely story, unfinished though it may be, and best of luck in whatever endeavors you pursue next. Best regards, LLB.
FierceDeityLinkMask chapter 2 . 10/6
Hermione is a muggleborn and was only a one-year old during the time of Voldermort putting fear into the hearts of everyone! Even then she didn't know about magic until she was 12 so why is she stuttering at voldermorts name?
elessargreystone chapter 12 . 10/2
A very good story. I like your depection of Luna's character, as she's quite often badly managed in many fics. Thank you for your work!
I'm really loving this story and sad to see that it hasn't been updated in awhile, I'm hoping more comes out soon.
This is by far one of the best H.P fanfics- scratch that one of the best fanfics period. I love how you made the characters true to the novels but with your own special twist. The romantic parts got me with all the feels. The best part IMHO was either Luna's straightforward attitude with the talk or Professor Flitwick being a badass. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update if you do I'll give you a cookie. No but seriously great story got me interested in H.P fanfics. Cheers, The Griffon Ryder